weekly blakesters 2014 52 - Retired Gracefully

Hello Ian, I haven't dropped in for a couple of weeks, i really like you 'Close' image, a brilliant take on the theme and such a great DOF. Nice work
Smoke, I see where you have gone with it but i'm not entirely convinced on the PP, very stylistic, a marmite type effect.
Mineral, is another great shot, for me its the ring of stones, with the Mineral deposit of Quartz in, that's some patience and a really good different take on it.

Loving your work

Hello Ian, I haven't dropped in for a couple of weeks, i really like you 'Close' image, a brilliant take on the theme and such a great DOF. Nice work
Smoke, I see where you have gone with it but i'm not entirely convinced on the PP, very stylistic, a marmite type effect.
Mineral, is another great shot, for me its the ring of stones, with the Mineral deposit of Quartz in, that's some patience and a really good different take on it.

Loving your work

Thanks Dan (y)
Smoke was always going to split opinions on the processing :D
Mineral, the circle took a bit of gaffing to get it set up, a few people have mentioned about my having patience for these shots, I suppose I do but find it quite therapeutic :)

Hi there... I love them both so can't really choose...do you keep a tray of sand at home to do them, weather hasn't been too good for heading down to the beach this week.
Pebbles are fascinating aren't they...thousands of years of history captured in your hand :)

Thanks Susie (y)
Yes I have the necessary props to do these at home, I have svn been known to take sand TO the beach to shoot photographs, in my defence, it was a pebble beach :D
I too find pebbles fascinating, they are so tactile with lots of detail to photograph.

Hi, pebbles...well, both work for me, but #1 for me. The textures, detail and composition work well.

No worthwhile crit from me.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (y)
I am happy with this weeks outputs so feet up for the rest of the week, only 5 more sleeps until the next theme ;)

Smoke - Great idea for the theme and very well executed. Your marmite approach seems to work for me. I like the slightly blue toning the city has although the sky has a little less blue in it.
Mineral - I could have guessed you'd have got your pebbles out for this. I like them both but maybe the ring inches it just.

Smoke - Great idea for the theme and very well executed. Your marmite approach seems to work for me. I like the slightly blue toning the city has although the sky has a little less blue in it.
Mineral - I could have guessed you'd have got your pebbles out for this. I like them both but maybe the ring inches it just.

Thanks Peter (y)
Smoke was always going to be a marmite shot due to the processing, I appreciate your comments and view.
Mineral was always going to be pebbles from me, I couldn't get away from my idea :D

Mineral - I can't choose between the two; I think they are both excellent. It may be your default subject but when it fits the theme perfectly, how could you do anything else?

Mineral - I can't choose between the two; I think they are both excellent. It may be your default subject but when it fits the theme perfectly, how could you do anything else?
Thanks Nathalie (y)
I have probably said this before but I think my series of pebble feet have run their course............maybe :D

Iain both great images the feet made me giggle so thats the winner for me :)

Thanks Craig (y)
Glad you said that because that's exactly how they are intended.
I don't kid myself that it's difficult photography, it's a fun series and you've taken it in the spirit it's intended cheers matey (y)

Both great and well composed. Circle for me :clap:

Thanks Richard (y)

Ahhhhh... your kit bag must be getting bigger and bigger mate :D !!!

:D Cheers Dean, you don't know the half of it ;)

Aw, you got that feet/stones idea from a photo magazine you big cheat you! :ROFLMAO:

I was especially impressed by your shells and your coastline and your london HDR shots Iain. Your work just goes from strength to strength, I think you are very talented and I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me in Norfolk (so don't be surprised if I keep rubbing up against you all weekend :LOL:)

See you next Thursday! :cow:

Aw, you got that feet/stones idea from a photo magazine you big cheat you! :ROFLMAO:

I was especially impressed by your shells and your coastline and your london HDR shots Iain. Your work just goes from strength to strength, I think you are very talented and I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me in Norfolk (so don't be surprised if I keep rubbing up against you all weekend :LOL:)

See you next Thursday! :cow:

:D Thanks Brian (y)
Such kind comments, they are very much appreciated.
As for rubbing up against me, no comment :D

Yes, not long now to the trip, I am really looking forward to it.

Circle is a beautiful shot, I love the colours and textures. Like the humour f the feet shot as well.

You're on cracking form!

Hi Iain, two great shots not going to choose one over the other as I can't decide
liking the addition of footsteps with the stone feet :clap:

Circle is a beautiful shot, I love the colours and textures. Like the humour f the feet shot as well.

You're on cracking form!

Thanks mercurius (y)
My form may be temporary but I will take it while it lasts;)

Hi Iain, two great shots not going to choose one over the other as I can't decide
liking the addition of footsteps with the stone feet :clap:

Thanks Allan (y)
I thought the pebble feet needed something else to lift it a little.

Smoke, hmmmm, one of yours I actually think I don't like, or do I, oh I don't know!

Now the pebbles, what's to be said? Love the circle, how long did you spend getting that to it's almost perfect shape? Are these stones part of the 'stash'?

I didn't see the pebble feet on FB, great colours in the stones. They're pebble feet, what's not to like :D

haha the pebble feet are great! The circle is also great!

Thanks Jon (y)

Smoke, hmmmm, one of yours I actually think I don't like, or do I, oh I don't know!

Now the pebbles, what's to be said? Love the circle, how long did you spend getting that to it's almost perfect shape? Are these stones part of the 'stash'?

I didn't see the pebble feet on FB, great colours in the stones. They're pebble feet, what's not to like :D

Thanks Marsha (y)
Smoke, it's fine to say you don't like it, absolutely understand :D

Stones/pebbles they may or may not be part of my 'collection' ;)

As I mentioned above, the pebble feet have run their course now, I think, maybe, I am not sure, possibly ;)

Mineral: Another 2 really good submissions for this weeks theme....I like them both but if pushed to choose I choose no 1, the circle. I like the 'Edgy' contrast you've applied to this and the textures in the sand!

No 2, the feet, is really cute and the footprints such a really nice touch (y)

footprintes in the sand is a beauty for me, and nicely cropped to make it salable as a print too. (y)

Liked the lines in the pebbles when you did the "infinity" symbol, and I like them now, (do you keep any of the interesting pebbles, or are they freshly scoured each time??) :naughty:

Sand looks a bit "odd" in the circle one, flattened, compacted (evenly), or is it on a stone patio slab or something??

:clap: for the patience in finding the stones and arranging them meticulously. (y)

I like the circle, it just appeals more than the feet though I like the footprints in that shot, just adds that little bit extra.

Both excellent images Iain. I love the texture in the sand. The lines in the pebbles look brill but if I had to pick, it'd be the feet for me. Lovely bright fresh image, I also like the light falloff in the top left. One I'd happily hang on the wall.

Smoke - Really good image and processing (y)

Mineral - Like the feet and footprints nice idea. (y)

Thanks Michael (y)

Mineral: Another 2 really good submissions for this weeks theme....I like them both but if pushed to choose I choose no 1, the circle. I like the 'Edgy' contrast you've applied to this and the textures in the sand!

No 2, the feet, is really cute and the footprints such a really nice touch (y)

Thanks Jason (y)

Never!

They'll be back!

:DProbably Marsha, probably;)

footprintes in the sand is a beauty for me, and nicely cropped to make it salable as a print too. (y)

Liked the lines in the pebbles when you did the "infinity" symbol, and I like them now, (do you keep any of the interesting pebbles, or are they freshly scoured each time??) :naughty:

Sand looks a bit "odd" in the circle one, flattened, compacted (evenly), or is it on a stone patio slab or something??

:clap: for the patience in finding the stones and arranging them meticulously. (y)

Thanks Graham (y)
The pebbles for the circle were freshly scoured, as were the ones for the feet.
However, I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have a stash of pebbles in my shed ;)
I think the sand looks compacted/flattened because once i'd set up the circle, I sprayed the pebbles with water to give them shine and the sand got wet too.

I like the circle, it just appeals more than the feet though I like the footprints in that shot, just adds that little bit extra.

Thanks Kev (y)

Both excellent images Iain. I love the texture in the sand. The lines in the pebbles look brill but if I had to pick, it'd be the feet for me. Lovely bright fresh image, I also like the light falloff in the top left. One I'd happily hang on the wall.

Thanks Adam (y)
I have both images printed quite large for that very reason

Hi Iain

Mineral - both good shots and on theme. Think #1 for me because it has more of the 'mineral' about it and I like the crop, lighting. Beautiful arrangement

Thanks Alan (y)
Yes, I agree #1 has more mineral about it due to the quartz line through them but I couldn't help myself with the feet shot, its an obsession :D

Love them both - really can't make a choice they're both so on topic but so different. :clap:

Thanks Sarah (y)
I like them both too, difficult for me to choose between them, so had to post both of them :D

Back