weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Great patterns, well shot :) I saw a similar pattern on my car window the other morning but didn't enter my head at all to take a pic!

Cheers....almost didn't do it myself then had a light bulb moment :)

Glad to see you back Lynne, with 3 beautiful shots to start. If that was your second choice, I'd have loved to have seen what you originally thought of!

With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Thanks Elaine.....dreading the commenting !

Hi again Lynne

Nice detail on the ice and nice idea doing a triptych.

& hi again to you David (y)

Hi Lynne,

those are cracking shots - the detail's stunning. I like the triptych idea too. I agree with your comments about getting a good angle on a car windscreen, but you've managed it very well

many thanks Lorraine (y)

Great start Lynne and fantastic detail in them (y)

Cheers Graham (y)

What a fantastic start to your 52 Lynne.
I particularly like the abstract look to these although at the same time I can tell what it is (if that makes sense)

Good luck for your 5th year, you nutter:D

Thanks for dropping in Iain....& yes....nutter indeed :eek:

Liking your triptych. Love the detail in the 3rd image.

Thanks Darren :)

Really like the triptych. Nice idea and great patterns and detail to start :)

Cheers Lee (y)

Great Triptych Lynne. The PP has given it an almost delicate feel to it. I usually like blacks through to whites in mono shots but this is a case where that rule is broken and that is a good thing. Too much contrast on this would have made it a weaker image. Well done. Great start to 2015

many thanks Peter (y)

Hi Lynne

Brilliant start to 2015's 52, love the images and triptych layout
;)

Thanks Hazel :)

Well...not the best of starts....late for the 1st week but determined not to stress ....well , not too much anyway :)

This may not say Bliss to many but it's my idea of Bliss on a sunday........

2 to choose from as I can't decide.....

Wk 1 Bliss b by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

or

Wk 1 Bliss a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& I promise to do better from here on in...unless I get side tracked with moto x again :D

Getting plastered in mud what's not to like? :D

2nd one for me, mainly due to the vibrancy of the image (y)

Tricky choice! Loving the mid air shot, nice and sharp on the rider but the second one has more going on in it the with mud being kicked up at the back and the great backdrop of the woods and again sharp focus in the right places..... Number 2 I think - just. Really fab! [emoji4]

Now see what you've gone and done. Sewn that seed in my head about TP52! Now I'm gonna have to catch up.

No 2 for me, sharp focus on the eyes, bikes dug in at a great angle. Nice big right handful kicking up the dirt. Good use of depth of field throwing out the trees highlighting the bike and rider. Nice vivid colours.

Nice action well shot
Steve

Bliss - I get the connection to the theme as anything to do with motorbikes is bliss for me. Two great images and I can't seem to choose my self, I think the first one is great but I feel the only thing I find distracting is the white thing sticking out of the ground, but I expect there is a reason for it being there.

#2 for me love the capture of the eye shows total concentration and focus. Both great pics.

Hi Lynne - two cracking actions shots there. It's the second one for me -I like the bright colours and the mud churning up at the back really captures the action. I find my eye is drawn to the white blocks in the background on the first image

#2 for me, I like the fact that you can see the riders eye so clearly, both great images and a great start.

Hi, #1 nudges it for me. I'd prefer it in landscape so he had more room to ride into. I'd like to see some movement in the wheel, though not sure how you would achieve that. Nice detail and the shadow adds depth; nice and sharp. Pity about the concrete thing in the BG.

#2, would be my choice but the shadow at the bottom is an issue for me. Nice dirt shooting from the rear wheel, nice BG and nice detail, I can also see his eye, which adds to the photograph.

Good show.

Cheers.

2 for me. I like the mud splattering away, the light on his face and the great colours
:)

I can totally understand why this is bliss for you.

I like both photos for there own merits, you can sense the action in both photos.
both are in focus with the background blurred out highlighting the riders..

But i do like #1

Thanks Darren.....:)

Oooooo it's the first one for me, although I prefer the vivid colours in the second, I love the inclusion of the whole shadow on the floor on the first, a couple of fantastic action shots... the girl does it again :clap:

Cheers Dean....need to commit more time to moto x this year .....& need to improve my work flow or I'll never keep up with the 52 as well :eek:

Getting plastered in mud what's not to like? :D

2nd one for me, mainly due to the vibrancy of the image (y)

Thanks Chris......this was possibly the muddiest day I've been on...I was literally plastered up to my knee's in mud & my hair had a mud pack on :D

Tricky choice! Loving the mid air shot, nice and sharp on the rider but the second one has more going on in it the with mud being kicked up at the back and the great backdrop of the woods and again sharp focus in the right places..... Number 2 I think - just. Really fab! [emoji4]

Many thanks Ferg...I suspect I'll crowbarring more bike shots in to theme's during this year :)

2nd one for me Lynne, colours are great and I like the fact you can see the riders eyes too.

Cheers Michael :)

Now see what you've gone and done. Sewn that seed in my head about TP52! Now I'm gonna have to catch up.

No 2 for me, sharp focus on the eyes, bikes dug in at a great angle. Nice big right handful kicking up the dirt. Good use of depth of field throwing out the trees highlighting the bike and rider. Nice vivid colours.

Nice action well shot
Steve

Ahh ha....thought this shot might appeal.......cheers for stopping in & good luck with your challenge (y)

Bliss - I get the connection to the theme as anything to do with motorbikes is bliss for me. Two great images and I can't seem to choose my self, I think the first one is great but I feel the only thing I find distracting is the white thing sticking out of the ground, but I expect there is a reason for it being there.

Thanks Mandy...the White thing is a Marshalls box...not a lot I can do about that but darned inconsiderate of the track owner to put it just where the riders take off :D

#2 for me love the capture of the eye shows total concentration and focus. Both great pics.

Cheers Simon :)

Hi Lynne - two cracking actions shots there. It's the second one for me -I like the bright colours and the mud churning up at the back really captures the action. I find my eye is drawn to the white blocks in the background on the first image

Thanks Lorraine , marshalls box drives me nuts but the riders don't care...they're not even actually too fussed about the shots being in focus :runaway:

#2 for me, I like the fact that you can see the riders eye so clearly, both great images and a great start.

Cheers John (y)

Hi, #1 nudges it for me. I'd prefer it in landscape so he had more room to ride into. I'd like to see some movement in the wheel, though not sure how you would achieve that. Nice detail and the shadow adds depth; nice and sharp. Pity about the concrete thing in the BG.

#2, would be my choice but the shadow at the bottom is an issue for me. Nice dirt shooting from the rear wheel, nice BG and nice detail, I can also see his eye, which adds to the photograph.

Good show.

Cheers.

Ta muchly matey .......can't do a lot about the Marshalls box or the shadows........during the summer months when the sun is higher shadows don't cause such a problem.....but the good news is that the riders really don't care :D

2 for me. I like the mud splattering away, the light on his face and the great colours
:)

Thanks Hazel :)

Good start to your 52 Lynne (y)
#2 gets my vote. As good as #1 is, the second shot just shades it.
I prefer the higher contrast look to it, it is a little more dynamic with, as Andy mentioned the mud shooting from the rear wheel.
Being able to see the riders eye makes it all the more appealing, the viewer can really get a sense of concentration and determination.

Your narrative helps bring the image into theme, as it conveys your feeling of bliss, if standing knee deep in mud and having bikes go screaming past is your idea of bliss:D

Good work missus(y)

So , week 2....Fragile , had only one thought & it's gonna fit the theme ....honest, even if I have confused Fragile with Delicate....but they mean pretty much the same anyway :rolleyes:

1 photo edited & cropped slightly differently....played around with florabela actions on the 2nd one & confused myself with which \i preferred...

Wk 2 Fragile a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Wk2 Fragile jpeg by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

On balance I think if prefer #1 :thinking:

Nipped in to B&Q & picked up a couple more props today....3 samples of flooring , only a couple of quid each , 2 laminates & a ceramic tile....hopefully they'll come in handy & will help avoid having to add textures to backgrounds ! I used one for this....distressed wood effect :) No fancy lighting , just a reflector jammed under the tripod head to throw light under the rose & lose a major shadow & a bit of silver card held above to bounce light back on to the rose .
1st shots with the D300 as well...quite impressed even if Nikon have moved the bloomin function buttons around & done away with the virtual horizon .....gonna use it in anger tomorrow at the moto x track :)

Yup, #1 for me. Nice detail and muted colours. I would have had to remove the leaf to simplify the photograph.

I like the textures on the surface as well.

Cheers.

Ah! They hadn't started with virtual horizons until the D300 was in production, the later D300S has the virtual horizon. Remember your 7000 is a newer design than the D300:), still a great camera love mine.

Fragile.... Sublime shot, damn is that a reason to buy a macro lens;). Love this shot really nice, been jiggling between the two. I think one just has it but there is not much in it. Great pastel colours, nice depth of field, nice sharp focus... Thought you might try the old water droplets game....;)
Lovely shot, nice work....

Another vote for the first one here Lynne, looks very fragile/delicate, like how you have lit it, and some cracking detail captured from your new toy (y)... have fun at the track with it tomorrow, I'm surprised if the horizon thingy can't be switched on somewhere, I'd be lost without mine... also you'll be needing extra CF cards with the increase in FPS :D

Tough call but I'm also going with #2, its just seems that little bit more "dreamy and fragile" ;)
Nice images Lynne :)

Hey! Number 2 I think...... Prefer the warmer feel to it. Cracking
idea with the floor samples as backgrounds- might have to steal that one at some point![emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't say that getting sprayed with mud is quite my idea of bliss, but two great shots, especially the second one that has some great colours and a great action feel to it. Fragile on the other hand is definitely more to my way of thinking - absolutely beautiful! Prefer the first one with the slightly sharper detail and I have to thank you again for another great idea for backgrounds :clap:

Hi Lynne, first bike shot for me love the shadow on the ground the concrete thing is a little distracting but what can you do at a race track its out of your hands
fragile, after the bike pics it amazes me that you do such wonderful flora pictures, this is no exception, I think I prefer the 1st one beautiful colour and perfect placement in the frame, nothing else to be said
brilliant work as always :clap:

oooh those are stunning Lynne - I prefer the second one, it has a dreamy feel to it.

Great idea about the flooring btw. I don't do much indoor photography and when I do I struggle for backgrounds .. I might just head off to a diy place :)

The pattern triptych is excellent, beautiful patterns and the presentation works well. To me it seems a tough right hand side heavy due to the darker areas on the one panel, maybe it Would balance better in the middle... maybe not?

The 2nd MotoX shot gets it for me, it just seems more dynamic, despite being less spectacular. The heavy shadows just add to it, for reasons I can't put my finger on.

Fragile #1 nails it for me, the colours just seem to work better.

Hi Lynne,

#1 for me because it's "cleaner". It's well framed, well lit, nice & sharp and on theme. You picked a lovely subject. It's a nice study.

Your fragile shot really caught my eye and brought me to your thread, I haven't had much time this week to comment so I am catching up on ones that I really like.

The rose is so crisp and really well lit, using floor samples is a great idea for photos, I might have to go and buy some myself, The first rose is the shot for me, the composition is great with the leaf and the faded white surface. Really good work on that one.

As for you bliss I like both shots but for me the first one just pips it, I like how you captured the whole shadow of the rider.

I look forward to seeing more.

Hi Lynne

Bliss ... #1 for me ... airborne and at an angle where you've captured the complete shadow.

Fragile ... very lovely ... #1 for me

Back