weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Hi Lynne, alphabet works though it could just be my monitor but the orange of the alphabetti spaghetti looks a little faded,everything else lighting etc spot on as usual (y)

I too am intrigued about your sound pic :thinking:

Now that sounds interesting :naughty:

Alphabet, works well. I like the fact you've had a chomp out of the bread. Nice overall lighting.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy :)

I agree with Andy, very well presented Lynne (y)

As for a (possible) trip to A&E That' s covered alphabet again :D

Ha...I'm still here & not an injury in sight....the floor & card sheets didn't fare so well however :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne - I like your alphabet shot very much

I'm intrigued by your sound idea - I hope you pull it off without a trip to A&E cos I'm dying to see what it will be :)

Thanks Lorraine......I managed to avoid A&E thankfully :)

A bit of a catch up from me Lynne :)
Close, such vibrant colours in the flower head, well lit with sharp, crisp detail. Pretty much a Lynne signature shot (y)

Machine, great bit of photoshoppery there (y)
Your own critique, although they are valid points, i don't think detract in anyway from the overall accomplished image. if you hadn't mentioned them, I doubt I would have noticed.
It is again, a clean, crisp and sharp image which would easily sit well within an advert IMHO.

Alphabet, again a lovely lit shot Lynne, its quite easy in these sort of set ups to lose a little detail in the white plate against white background but you've handled it well.

Good work all round missus :D
I promise I won't leave it so long before i visit again.

Many thanks for the catch up Iain ,appreciate you taking the time.....I really need to pull my socks up on commenting :eek:

Hi Lynne, alphabet works though it could just be my monitor but the orange of the alphabetti spaghetti looks a little faded,everything else lighting etc spot on as usual (y)

I too am intrigued about your sound pic :thinking:

Thanks Allan.......maybe your monitor as it looks positively radio-active on mine screen :D....to be fair , I did heat it up but then spent an age trying to find all the right letters by which time it'd gone a tad cool so that might be affecting the color.....

Right...I'm on a roll......

1st up is my reshoot from last week......been waiting for the local florist to get my prop for me.....

I also completely forgot to reset the camera to RAW so jpeg again which drives me nuts but I didn't have time to reshoot the reshoot as other stuff to do.......like moving rose bushes in the garden & hoovering the garage ( I am being serious, it's carpeted don't ya know ) :LOL:

So here is Elegant....I gave up trying to make the necklace look elegant so reverted to my fall back subject....

Wk 13 Reshoot Elegant by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

The Calla does have white rim round the edge of the petal , 2 shots blended for full DOF......& I still can't tell if it's all in focus ! The light or lack of it , on the staemen is bugging me so this may be another reshoot when drawn again......:)

Last edited:
& Sound....

As soon as I saw the theme a song started going round in my head & would not stop....been driving me mad........ One major problem is light....I haven't a clue how to use the flash ( I can't seem to get either of my flashguns to actually work on the camera !) so had to up the ISO to get anywhere near a useable shutter speed - and it still wasn't as fast as I wanted . If the weather had been better I would have done this in the garden but I suspect gale force winds would not have helped the issue ! So I set everything up, focused ,switched to manual, threw the pebble & pressed the shutter release cable button....machine gun shooting has benefits as I knew I'd get something half useable...probably :D 5 glasses later I ended up with 3 shots that were kinda the best of a bad bunch so blended them to get a few bits of glass flying off.
I have to say...the glasses were cheapo from Asda but appeared to be made of Toughend Glass...jeez they took some breaking :eek:
Would I try again...probably when I learn how to use flash...maybe. Took some cleaning up as well....glass shards everywhere :runaway:

I love the Sound of Breaking Glass

Wk 15 Sound by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& yes...it has lots of faults but still reasonably pleased for a 1st attempt with out flash :)

& I've just realised that you may not get the whole Speaker thingy......I like my music LOUD :D

Last edited:
Elegant - love it! Colour is gorgeous!
Sound - wow wow wow love it Lynne :)

Wow! Sound. That's quite an achievement. That must have taken a fair bit of patience! Can almost hear the crash.

Karl

Hi Lynne "elegant" is perfectly placed but I see what you mean about lack of light, just needs a little lift

Even with what you say about the problems behind "sound" it is still excellent :clap::clap: might have cloned out the wires but thats very harsh crit
even like the selective colour which is saying something :D

Lynne brilliant as usual

Alphabet simple bit so effective white on white i find near impossible.
You elegant reshoot again you make the simple look so effective.
Sound that was my first thought but had no idea how to achive it. so as quick as i thought about it i forgot it.
SC works really well. I too personally would have lost the wires but that is being really picky about a picture i really like (y)

Elegant reshoot is so pretty. Lillies are one of my favourites :)

Sound....Well. AWESOME. What an idea!
Wrecking 5 glasses to get it? Dedication. Well done you!

Elegant- very well done, excellent detail in the petals
Sound - Very clever I like it a lot, although maybe either a faster shutter or pop of flash to freeze the action. As I would prefer the glass to be sharp (no pun intended) However it still works for me (y)

Hi Lynne,

Love your reshoot - that flower screams elegant to me, and the colour's lovely too.

Sound - now I see what you meant about A&E - glad you didn't have to go there. It's a fantastic idea and you've captured it really well. I wouldn't have the nerve to break so many glasses - I'd be paranoid in case I didn't manage to pick up all the shards, but I bet it was fun to do :clap: :clap:

Hi, elegant, wonderful detail and well composed. Not sure if it's a little underexposed, nonetheless, I do like botanical photographs.

Sound, very well done. I actually like the motion blur in the shards of glass. So, your flashes, are they on the right way ;). What issues are you having? What make? I have Nijon and Yongnuo and when I put the on my camera they work automatically.

Cheers.

Excellent "Sound" submission. Very inventive, cleverly shyot and - dare I say it-very sharp.:clap:

Alphabet ... nicely done, like the little FG shadow under the plate. Not really sure if I like the inclusion of bread/toast but I guess that's how you kids eat it.

Elegant ... looks perfectly fine to me lighting-wise and everything.

Sound ... yes you must love the sound of breaking glass. Did you add the Boom word to those speakers yourself? You certainly are on a roll: Sound pic amazing stuff.

Hey Lynne :)

Machine - When I saw this on on the photo thread for logging I was soooo impressed with it, now I have been away from seeing it for a bit and have returned I'm STILL DAMN IMPRESSED, no crit from me as I can not see an area I feel needs improving, nicely set out, good background, well lit and super PP... jammy git :D

:clap:

Alphabet - Again I am sttruggling to crit this one, good clean background & Plate, nicely set up, well lit and love the wording... I know, I'd prefer the toast done a bit more :D

Elegant - Always like your flower shots, really like that you have the stem coming from the corner and a lovely bright flower, but some reason there is something about the background I can not put my finger on :thinking:

Sound - What a cracking thought for the theme, really well staged too - Boom Boom is spot on :clap:

Sound......:agree: What they all said :agree:

Loved it, great idea, well executed :D

Hi Lynne
How's it going? On the rounds of Mega catch up as I've been away....
Mouth ... Like both of these, DK Nice clean exposure, like the condensation on the glass and the nice texture of the ice in the glass. Well posed by DK!;)
Mouth of the barrel, this works well, like the contrasting Orange against the dark brown of the barrel, Great texture in the Orange skin and the Wooden Barrel and pin sharp.

Crowd ... Ah you mentions what a wiz you were at flexing the themes(y) Nice one! I thought it was colour popped till I read through, but I like that a lot and its a very subtle effect, with nice soft tones. Like the composition of this shot simple but very effective, and nice and sharp and nicely lit.

Close Up ... Fab colours in those petals, very striking colour, Square crop works well. Great detail, Nice Shot!

Machine ... Nifty work that, I guess you could spend a long time in PS playing with that. I bet if you had the time to take a bolt load of shots and blended them you would improve it but I think its very good as it stands. Its also not the easiest colour is it... white... Engine like you say ia a tad squiffy but for 30 mins I think you have done very well. Good Fun I like that nice work Lynne.

Alphabet ... I guess. I'm flipping starving at the moment and that would go down a treat.... And there I was thinking I was the only one to inadvertently change my camera file format (tiff:rolleyes:). I notice that a small piece closest the camera appears to be missing?? I seem to have a season ticket to A&E most trips start with a daft idea :rolleyes: hope you manage to stay out;). Jpegs do strange things sometimes when you edit them.... Food for thought eh!:exit:

Elegant ... Lovely reshoot, that background really makes the Lilly pop! Great colour rendition, love that little white highlight that runs around the outside of the Lilly, great lighting.

Sound ... Fantastic idea really works well. you obviously worked hard to get that and its worked very well. Think all the little tiny fragment very close to the glass make it all the more plausible. Love this real "Action" shot, Nicely done Lynne(y) PS I did find Voodoo Child (Hendrix) flat out blew my old Mondeo speakers :eek:

Nice Work Lynne

Machine - Great shot that’d you’d expect to see in a brochure. I have to say you’ve handled the whites and blacks really well and it sounds like you’ve done loads of editing which is a credit to you

Alphabet - Another evening of editing from what you said but again it’s proved well worth it. I must say I’m not sure how you’ve inflated the file size by that much though. Just think what it would have been if you’d started form the RAW image.

Reshoot - Super super image. Very elegant. The colours are really punchy against that black background

Sound - Looks like the persistence paid off especially with you capturing the glass smashing mid air. I’m not one for selective colour but this has been done tastefully and I think works well.

Elegant - love it! Colour is gorgeous!
Sound - wow wow wow love it Lynne :)

Thanks Michalane :)

Sound by Nike Lowe, perfect timing, well caught and I like it.

Cheers Stan....bloomin song is still in my head !

Wow! Sound. That's quite an achievement. That must have taken a fair bit of patience! Can almost hear the crash.

Karl

Thanks Karl........thankfully I ran out of glasses before I ran out of patience :)

Hi Lynne "elegant" is perfectly placed but I see what you mean about lack of light, just needs a little lift

Even with what you say about the problems behind "sound" it is still excellent :clap::clap: might have cloned out the wires but thats very harsh crit
even like the selective colour which is saying something :D

Thanks Allan....SC was the only way to go as there were orangy colored highlights on the glass from some destktop lamps :( As for the wires.....I spent ages untangling them , thought about cloning them out but wondered it it would look even odder with no obvious method of power going to the speakers :thinking:

Last edited:
Lynne brilliant as usual

Alphabet simple bit so effective white on white i find near impossible.
You elegant reshoot again you make the simple look so effective.
Sound that was my first thought but had no idea how to achive it. so as quick as i thought about it i forgot it.
SC works really well. I too personally would have lost the wires but that is being really picky about a picture i really like (y)

Cheers Simon...re the wires see my reply to Allan above....tempting but not to be :)

Elegant reshoot is so pretty. Lillies are one of my favourites :)

Sound....Well. AWESOME. What an idea!
Wrecking 5 glasses to get it? Dedication. Well done you!

Thanks Viv....ever so glad ASDA do cheapo wine glasses...even if they are made from re-enforced glass :rolleyes:

Elegant- very well done, excellent detail in the petals
Sound - Very clever I like it a lot, although maybe either a faster shutter or pop of flash to freeze the action. As I would prefer the glass to be sharp (no pun intended) However it still works for me (y)

Cheers Chris.......I did explain why no flash in my post...couldn't get them to work :(

Hi Lynne,

Love your reshoot - that flower screams elegant to me, and the colour's lovely too.

Sound - now I see what you meant about A&E - glad you didn't have to go there. It's a fantastic idea and you've captured it really well. I wouldn't have the nerve to break so many glasses - I'd be paranoid in case I didn't manage to pick up all the shards, but I bet it was fun to do :clap: :clap:

Thanks Lorraine.......I managed to surround the area with stuff to stop the shards going to far....then spent 1/2 hour going ott with the hoover :)

Hi, elegant, wonderful detail and well composed. Not sure if it's a little underexposed, nonetheless, I do like botanical photographs.

Sound, very well done. I actually like the motion blur in the shards of glass. So, your flashes, are they on the right way ;). What issues are you having? What make? I have Nijon and Yongnuo and when I put the on my camera they work automatically.

Cheers.

:bat:I'll give you on the right way......but as you know me I can fully understand why you thought that :D The issue is that it wouldn't fire ! I strongly suspect it's pilot error.......do you have to set the camera to manual ? I was using the Yongnuo on Manual as per Damiens advice ....camera was on shutter.....

Excellent "Sound" submission. Very inventive, cleverly shyot and - dare I say it-very sharp.:clap:

Thanks Andrew :LOL:

Loving the 'sound' shot. Very well executed, I take my hat off to the patience you must have to get this

Cheers Donna.......patience mixed with a touch of madness ;)

Stunning effort. Well done.

Thanks Bob :)

Alphabet ... nicely done, like the little FG shadow under the plate. Not really sure if I like the inclusion of bread/toast but I guess that's how you kids eat it.

Elegant ... looks perfectly fine to me lighting-wise and everything.

Sound ... yes you must love the sound of breaking glass. Did you add the Boom word to those speakers yourself? You certainly are on a roll: Sound pic amazing stuff.

David....it's been years & years since anyone called me a KID.....:kiss: Strangely enough I don't even like alphabeti spag , it went straight in the bin ! BOOM is actually written on the speakers....they were a freebie from Orange a few years ago :)

Hey Lynne :)

Machine - When I saw this on on the photo thread for logging I was soooo impressed with it, now I have been away from seeing it for a bit and have returned I'm STILL DAMN IMPRESSED, no crit from me as I can not see an area I feel needs improving, nicely set out, good background, well lit and super PP... jammy git :D

:clap:

Alphabet - Again I am sttruggling to crit this one, good clean background & Plate, nicely set up, well lit and love the wording... I know, I'd prefer the toast done a bit more :D

Elegant - Always like your flower shots, really like that you have the stem coming from the corner and a lovely bright flower, but some reason there is something about the background I can not put my finger on :thinking:

Sound - What a cracking thought for the theme, really well staged too - Boom Boom is spot on :clap:

Many thanks Mr Dean........the black bits of toast were cunningley hidden by the spag :D

Curious about the flower bg....but to be fair I think it's a bit of a MEH shot which will def be getting redone !

Love "Sound" Lynne, fantastic image, well thought out and executed.

Phil

Cheers Phil :)
Sound......:agree: What they all said :agree:

Loved it, great idea, well executed :D

Thanks Jamie:)

Hi Lynne ...Sound is amazing ...I love it ....really very well done, and thanks for saying how you did it too :clap::clap:

Cheers Susie....give it a go , wasn't really to hard...be even easier if you can actually hit the thing your aiming for :rolleyes:

Hi Lynne
How's it going? On the rounds of Mega catch up as I've been away....
Mouth ... Like both of these, DK Nice clean exposure, like the condensation on the glass and the nice texture of the ice in the glass. Well posed by DK!;)
Mouth of the barrel, this works well, like the contrasting Orange against the dark brown of the barrel, Great texture in the Orange skin and the Wooden Barrel and pin sharp.

Crowd ... Ah you mentions what a wiz you were at flexing the themes(y) Nice one! I thought it was colour popped till I read through, but I like that a lot and its a very subtle effect, with nice soft tones. Like the composition of this shot simple but very effective, and nice and sharp and nicely lit.

Close Up ... Fab colours in those petals, very striking colour, Square crop works well. Great detail, Nice Shot!

Machine ... Nifty work that, I guess you could spend a long time in PS playing with that. I bet if you had the time to take a bolt load of shots and blended them you would improve it but I think its very good as it stands. Its also not the easiest colour is it... white... Engine like you say ia a tad squiffy but for 30 mins I think you have done very well. Good Fun I like that nice work Lynne.

Alphabet ... I guess. I'm flipping starving at the moment and that would go down a treat.... And there I was thinking I was the only one to inadvertently change my camera file format (tiff:rolleyes:). I notice that a small piece closest the camera appears to be missing?? I seem to have a season ticket to A&E most trips start with a daft idea :rolleyes: hope you manage to stay out;). Jpegs do strange things sometimes when you edit them.... Food for thought eh!:exit:

Elegant ... Lovely reshoot, that background really makes the Lilly pop! Great colour rendition, love that little white highlight that runs around the outside of the Lilly, great lighting.

Sound ... Fantastic idea really works well. you obviously worked hard to get that and its worked very well. Think all the little tiny fragment very close to the glass make it all the more plausible. Love this real "Action" shot, Nicely done Lynne(y) PS I did find Voodoo Child (Hendrix) flat out blew my old Mondeo speakers :eek:

Nice Work Lynne

WOW.......many thanks for the mega catch up Steve , much appreciated :kiss:

I'm still looking for the missing bit in Alphabet......I will confess to taking a bite of the toast before pouring the spag over it ( can't stand tinned spag! )

& as for Flexing the theme's.........see next post :naughty:

Sound - fantastic idea, love it :)

Thanks Tracy :)

Machine - Great shot that’d you’d expect to see in a brochure. I have to say you’ve handled the whites and blacks really well and it sounds like you’ve done loads of editing which is a credit to you

Alphabet - Another evening of editing from what you said but again it’s proved well worth it. I must say I’m not sure how you’ve inflated the file size by that much though. Just think what it would have been if you’d started form the RAW image.

Reshoot - Super super image. Very elegant. The colours are really punchy against that black background

Sound - Looks like the persistence paid off especially with you capturing the glass smashing mid air. I’m not one for selective colour but this has been done tastefully and I think works well.

Cheers Peter....I'm really bemused about these file sizes....... just bought a D7200 which doesn't have ACR support for RAW yet so shooting jpeg which are around 11MG . Opened in lightroom, tweaked, put in to PScc , tweaked ,cropped , sharpened, saved as tiff....306MB....:thinking: Even re-saved as jpeg is coming in at 46MB when saved at high quality......I no understand:(

Week 16 & Experiment......I did initially think about trying out some new PP stuff but couldn't be bothered to mess so opted for trying a project from one of the mag's I get & then having a play on words

Apparently there's a famous Fine Art Nude photographer call Bob Carlos Clarke who was the inspiration behind the magazine article......here's my Experiment with it .......focusing on shape & form with shallow DOF

wK 16 Experiment by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

then I got bored so went with EGGxperiment :exit:

Wk 16 Eggsperiment a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

& finally Woody joined in....for an Eggxperiment in the art of balancing......

Wk 16 Eggsperiment by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi there,

Machine: I love this shot. This photo was the inspiration for me to actually buy Photoshop Elements and experiment with layers. I had a go at a similar shot but I need more practise to get as good as you. Great shot (y)

Alphabet: Nice shot that has made me hungry :D As has been said - good lighting.

Re-shoot: Very nice composition but can't help thinking it needs lifting out of the darkness a touch.

Sound: Brilliant shot! I think the blur on the glass has added to the image. I have a feeling that a darkness shot using the flash to "freeze" the action wouldn't have had the action that your shot has. Like it :)

Experiment: First one for me. The low key lighting that defines the shape is perfect IMHO (y)

Hi there,

Machine: I love this shot. This photo was the inspiration for me to actually buy Photoshop Elements and experiment with layers. I had a go at a similar shot but I need more practise to get as good as you. Great shot (y)

Alphabet: Nice shot that has made me hungry :D As has been said - good lighting.

Re-shoot: Very nice composition but can't help thinking it needs lifting out of the darkness a touch.

Sound: Brilliant shot! I think the blur on the glass has added to the image. I have a feeling that a darkness shot using the flash to "freeze" the action wouldn't have had the action that your shot has. Like it :)

Experiment: First one for me. The low key lighting that defines the shape is perfect IMHO (y)

Cheers Lee, you'll have hours of endless fuss & frustration with Elements........Digital photography mag is quite useful...plenty of tutorials & projects to practice with...not that I can ever remember how to do things without watching the instructions every time !
Thanks for the catchup...agree about the flower, need to figure out how to get some light behind it me thinks (y)

Three strong images there Lynne. My initial feeling was that the 1st one was the best, but spending a bit of time reviewing them all, I think I like #2 best. it tells more of a "story" than #1 (and less than #3) but is more aesthetically pleasing to look at. Far more "arty" than #3.

Technically they're all well lit, sharp and well composed. Thought has gone into all three shots and it shows.

Hi Lynne ... Trying to catch up with some comments after a couple of busy weeks (got the builders in, poorly pony and other stuff ...) ...

Love the Elegant reshoot. Great detail in the petals and lovely colouring.

Sound really works for me too ... Trying to imagine you lobbing stones at glasses to get the shot just right, but works very well.

The Eggsperiment shot is brilliant. Great composition and texture on the shell.

Lovely stuff as usual. Looking forward to more to come. :)

Hi Lynne, first fork shot works for me I like the light on them just highlighting the edges while the rest fades into the black :clap:

Hi Lynne, I have a sneaking suspicion that my experiment shot my include an egg ;)
I really like the first shot. So simple yet I expect quite hard to get right.

Sound - again, fantastic and on subject.

How do you get the perfect black backgrounds?

Last edited:
Commenting catch up time;

Reshoot Elegant: Lovely bright colours and my hands have been all around the screen, I've visualised it in portrait mode because of their long stems, then I put it into a square frame. But do you know what it is a fantastic as it is.

Sound: What a brilliant interpretation of the theme and as others have said dedication to get the shot. I appear to have the opposite problem to you I can only get my flash to work on camera :D:D. Sure the manual will tell me how somewhere:eek:

Experiment: it has to be between woody and egg spearmint for me. Eggsperiment is showing some great detail on the egg itself and the side of the forks. (just beats woody to the post)

3 super shots for Experiment Lynne as always.
#1 pick of the 3 for me the detail into blackness works brilliantly

Back