weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

Second one for me; with a little imagination one can see a planet. The first one? It looks like a stone and no more, if the background was completely black it would work better.
Reflection
Nice camera, would have liked the reflection to be stronger, the strap probably does get in the way abit spoiling the lines of the camera
The close up one for me it shows the texture better but there's nothing wrong with the first one both nail the theme
Definitely #2 - the detail almost has movement in it.. you can see how it has been formed.

Thanks all!

Rough
It's #2 for me. Although both shots show the rough texture, the second being a tighter crop, really emphasizes the roughness.

I much prefer the second close-up shot for the theme. What's in the top right and bottom left corners?
Thanks Stan! I assume you are asking about TR & BL corners of the first image? That's folds of the velvet the pumice is sitting on, and dust on the velvet, respectively.

#2 for me as well, slightly more abstract, could almost be something under a microscope as much as a macro of a rock.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve done plenty of kicking myself after submitting my images too. Only comfort I take is that I learn from it each time so that I can make a different mistake the following week!

#2 for me as well, slightly more abstract, could almost be something under a microscope as much as a macro of a rock.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve done plenty of kicking myself after submitting my images too. Only comfort I take is that I learn from it each time so that I can make a different mistake the following week!
Thanks @kh_42!

Week 11 - Smooth

Irresistibly Smooth.JPG

I have struggled somewhat this week for a variety of reasons: house renovations have left turmoil and dust everywhere; Covid jab left me rather under the weather for the weekend and a general lack of inspiration.

So, this box of choccies has been a salvation. PABD.

Nice idea for the theme and yes, the red is very eye catching, as Susie says. It's a good close up image, I like it.

Very smooth and very colourful! The pedant in me would like to see the writing the right way up, but that's just me :)

Very smooth and very colourful! The pedant in me would like to see the writing the right way up, but that's just me :)
Thanks Ian! Perhaps not surprisingly, I did try it the "right" way up, and a load of other positions too, and found the one above to be the most interesting.

Here's one I prepared earlier (unedited)
_N8Y7911.JPG

THis one works better. For some reason I'm craving choccie now!

Now the subject needs rotating so the Smooth word is all in focus. Or is that not the idea?

Lovely rich red.

THis one works better. For some reason I'm craving choccie now!
Now the subject needs rotating so the Smooth word is all in focus. Or is that not the idea?

Lovely rich red.
Thanks both!

Sorry about the craving Dave.

David - my idea was to have just a very slim DoF, it was then a question of how to orientate the box and position the plane of focus.

Thanks Ian! Perhaps not surprisingly, I did try it the "right" way up, and a load of other positions too, and found the one above to be the most interesting.

Here's one I prepared earlier (unedited)
View attachment 313094

This is the better shot out of the two, very nice so think I might have some my self now.

Smooth
Can't decide which one I prefer, probably the second with the text the right way up, although I probably spent more time looking at the upside down version. Very striking red, I'm sure all TP 52 members have a background process running in their head to catch that image that ordinarily wouldn't register!!

Can't decide which one I prefer, probably the second with the text the right way up, although I probably spent more time looking at the upside down version. Very striking red, I'm sure all TP 52 members have a background process running in their head to catch that image that ordinarily wouldn't register!!
Thanks Stuart!

Nice PoV, lovely colourful image, I also really like the crop and it's great for the theme.

I like it. Made me smile.

Nice point of view and as Dom said, that's certainly a juxtaposition

The best place to go when looking for something alive though I would say that

Alive
It amazes how Daffy's come up year after year, they certainly brighten up the place. Well juxtaposed given the location!

Back