Monochrome
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Movement
Macro / close up
Reflection(s) March & April
ICM Jan & Feb

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Week 1 - New
Week 2 - Old
Week 3 - Receptacle
Week 4 - Bottle(s)
Week 5 - Snapper's Choice
Week 6 - Alley / Alleyways
Week 7 - Heavy
Week 8 - Light
Week 9 - Damp
Week 10 - (Through a) Window
Week 11 - Technology
Week 12 - Discarded
Week 13 - Flora
Week 14 - Unusual
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
Week 16 - Tree(s)
Week 17 - Hole
Week 18 -
Week 19 -
Week 20 -
Week 21 -
Week 22 -
Week 23 -
Week 24 -
Week 25 - Snapper's Choice
Week 26 -
Week 27 -
Week 28 -
Week 29 -
Week 30 - Snapper's Choice
Week 31 -
Week 32 -
Week 33 -
Week 34 -
Week 35 - Snapper's Choice
Week 36 -
Week 37 -
Week 38 -
Week 39 -
Week 40 -
Week 41 -
Week 42 -
Week 43 -
Week 44 -
Week 45 - Snapper's Choice
Week 46 -
Week 47 -
Week 48 -
Week 49 -
Week 50 -
Week 51 -
Week 52 -

Last edited:
Week 1 New

Two for the price of one! Something for skiers and something for music lovers, with an homage to Ian Dury's debut 1977 album.

New Boots.JPG

Reasons to be cheerful!!

Two for the price of one! Something for skiers and something for music lovers, with an homage to Ian Dury's debut 1977 album.
Round of applause here. Very well done.

New boots for Boots! You're going to have fun in those.
My first music though was Blondie.....

Agree with Ian above, well done my only thought is seeing the corner in the BG.

Thanks Dave! Yes, the corner of the room is annoying, I kept trying different positions, but there was always something back there. I wanted a long separation in the items and a long focal length for the out of focus background. Just need a bigger house I guess.

New boots for Boots! You're going to have fun in those.
My first music though was Blondie.....

Thanks Simon! I am hoping to have fun in them, when this stupid C***d recedes a bit and travel becomes easier. Which Blondie track or album were you thinking of - my mind has drawn a blank there.

Well done for getting started but .... is that a pair of knickers on the box behind the boots?

DOF is spot on, and the detail in the boots is nice. Love the Dury reference, I had to go and have a look at the NBaP cover for the first time in a while, as you reminded me how great a picture it is.

DOF is spot on, and the detail in the boots is nice. Love the Dury reference, I had to go and have a look at the NBaP cover for the first time in a while, as you reminded me how great a picture it is.
Thanks Nick!

Nicely done and great album reference :)

Neither of us has any new boots - if we had, that would have been yet another of my early thoughts on the theme gone!

As said above, the background lets it down a little but there's not a lot that can be done about it without significant outlay...

Neither of us has any new boots - if we had, that would have been yet another of my early thoughts on the theme gone!

As said above, the background lets it down a little but there's not a lot that can be done about it without significant outlay...

Nice start to your challenge, Paul. Two for the price of one.

Thanks both!

Perfect subject given your forum name :) The underwear confused me until I saw the Ian Dury reference - very good!

I hope you manage to get out on the slopes soon!

Love the photographic reference to the album.
Saw him a couple of times in 1974 at Clarance's Halifax ... Kilburn and the Highroads then. Later at St Georges Hall, Bradford in 1978 and they had morphed into Ian Dury & the Blockheads.
Stall tickets 3 quid .... those were the days

Perfect subject given your forum name :) The underwear confused me until I saw the Ian Dury reference - very good!

I hope you manage to get out on the slopes soon!

Thanks Bebop! I hope I get there too...

Love the photographic reference to the album.
Saw him a couple of times in 1974 at Clarance's Halifax ... Kilburn and the Highroads then. Later at St Georges Hall, Bradford in 1978 and they had morphed into Ian Dury & the Blockheads.
Stall tickets 3 quid .... those were the days

Thanks Duncan! Those were indeed the days!

I'm not sure about the Ian Dury reference, but the new boots work for me.

Very clever.. and reference to one excellent album. I don't recall my mum being in agreement when I first played it!

Very clever.. and reference to one excellent album. I don't recall my mum being in agreement when I first played it!
Thanks Helen! Yeh, but parents - what do they know? (well, until you're about 30 and you realise they were probably right most of the time - except about the music)

Agree with Ian above, well done my only thought is seeing the corner in the BG.
Yeah - I reckon a simple tight crop would improve what is already a good shot!

Back