weekly Boots' 52 for 2023

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
My third 52 week challenge; 1st year success, 2nd year crashed out after 17 weeks.

Techniques

Juxtaposition - Jan/Feb
Black & White - Mar/Apr
Composite - May/Jun
Macro / Close-Up - Jul/Aug
Motion Blur - Sep/Oct
Wide Angle - Nov/Dec

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Week 1 - Your Area
Week 2 - Incomplete
Week 3 - Artificial
Week 4 - Transparent
Week 5 - Snapper's Choice & Tech Juxtaposition
Week 6 - Knob(s)
Week 7 - Letters
Week 8 - (In the) Kitchen
Week 9 - Broken
Week 10 - Full & Tech Black and White
Week 11 - Pattern
Week 12 - Tunnel
Week 13 - Spring
Week 14 - Smooth
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
Week 16 - Connected
Week 17 - Liquid
Week 18 - Distant & Tech Composite
Week 19 - Fragile
Week 20 - Robust
Week 21 - Near By
Week 22 - Irregular
Week 23 - Rubbish
Week 24 - Sound
Week 25 - Snapper's Choice
Week 26 - Watching
Week 27 - Torn / Ripped & Tech Macro / Close-up
Week 28 - Unsightly
Week 29 - Pretty
Week 30 - Windows
Week 31 - Abandoned
Week 32 - Possession(s)
Week 33 - Machine
Week 34 - Circles
Week 35 - Snapper's Choice
Week 36 - Urban
Week 37 - Hollow
Week 38 - Solid
Week 39 - Gates
Week 40 - (a) Memory
Week 41 - Upright
Week 42 - Forgotten & Tech Motion Blur
Week 43 - Spooky
Week 44 - Captive
Week 45 - Snapper's Choice
Week 46 - Wall
Week 47 - Autumn(al)
Week 48 - Arrows
Week 49 - Wet
Week 50 - Old
Week 51 - Festive
Week 52 - Showcase

Last edited:
yep, fits the theme. :)

Had to check those weren't my feet!!!

Looks like an easy take on the theme for week 1. Diagonal of the flooring works well.

Self portrait by Boots?!;)

Well it fits the theme and gets you off the mark - an interesting take on the theme too (y)

That's a different take on the theme and the perspective works really well - you must be much taller than little me as I feel almost dizzy! :D
Good luck with your 52.
Thanks Andrea... I did have a safety harness on, you just can't see.

Highly inaccurate description as your handle is Boots and these are Shoes (or ARE they?) :D :D :D :D

Week 2 - Incomplete

Incomplete.JPG

I used to love this show when I was a kid!

It certainly meets the theme. Thinking out of the box as well.

Great quick submission... I can;t be the only one wondering how you;ve achieved this??

It certainly meets the theme. Thinking out of the box as well.
Thanks David.

Great quick submission... I can;t be the only one wondering how you;ve achieved this??
Thanks Graham. How did I do it? Well, you start experimenting with a teleportation device...

Seriously, two images, one with me wrapped in bandages, and another of the wall behind (note to self, would have much more impact with a patterned wall), then mask in Photoshop to reveal the wall rather than the top of my head. The hardest part was wrapping my own head in bandages - Mrs Boots doesn't really approve.

WIth you now!
The top left section looked like it was from 'behnd' your head and we were seeing the 'inside ' of the bandage. Good visual effect though!

WIth you now!
The top left section looked like it was from 'behnd' your head and we were seeing the 'inside ' of the bandage. Good visual effect though!
Ah yes, that was just pure dumb luck! It is around the front of my head, but it does look like it's behind. The fancy Special Effects departments in Hollywood do show us the inside of the bandages at the back - I have no idea how I would do that.

Clever Clogs Award of the week I reckon. Nice one!

Back