Clives 52 in 2020

Hi Clive,

Not mushroom for any more texture in your first image, I know that Dave beat me to the Mushroom joke but I could't resist.

Pete

Week 37 Activity

Radioactivity
Mine and my wife's luminous watch hands.
Radioluminescent paint is a self-luminous paint that consists of a small amount of a radioactive isotope (radionuclide) mixed with a radioluminescent phosphor chemical. The radioisotope continually decays, emitting radiation particles which strike molecules of the phosphor, exciting them to emit visible light. The isotopes selected are typically strong emitters of beta radiation, preferred since this radiation will not penetrate an enclosure. Radioluminescent paints will glow without exposure to light until the radioactive isotope has decayed (or the phosphor degrades), which may be many years....Taken from Wikipedia.
This did not work as well as I hoped but it's Wednesday evening.
PSX_20200916_202306.jpg

I was wondering what this was in the main thread - good lateral thinking/shoe horn [emoji23]
Thank you Shugpug, it is a bit of a shoehorn.

You’d never guess what it is. As mentioned, good lateral thinking.
How long was the exposure? Can’t have been easy to capture.
Hi Bebop, I used live time and let it run until it was bright enough, maybe a little too long I think. I manually focused with lights on the turned lights out and clicked, I think it was just over 10 seconds.

When I first saw that it thought it was the old game of tennis ( or what ever it was called)

Nicely shoehorned Clive (y)

Bit of a clever clogs shot that there :) I like it :)

Activity - I too was puzzled in the main thread, but that's very clever Clive :) and I think it's come out okay
Artificial - Lovely colours in the flutterby. Oh for a blue sky though eh?

Last edited:
Activity - nicely done bit of lateral thinking
Artificial - the lighting and background work well to emphasise the subject.

Activity. Very well thought out. Good shot too.

Artificial. Very nice. Lights, colours and the webs all combined well.

Activity - nicely done bit of lateral thinking
Artificial - the lighting and background work well to emphasise the subject.
Thank you Phil
Activity. Very well thought out. Good shot too.

Artificial. Very nice. Lights, colours and the webs all combined well.
Thank you David

Amazingly yellow leaves. We only have rust coloured ones here... also in the beautiful south :) Do you know what tree they are from?

I missed your artificial shot before. Nice bright colours.

Artificial - great composition and a really nice take on the theme, colours are great too.
Autumn - Yep, that's autumn in an image, really nice warm colours and the composition is really nice.

Lovely colours :)

Weirdly the leaves aren't really changing very much at all here, passion flower is err still flowering too.

Nice image Clive (y)

A catch-up Clive.
Artifical. The colours on light on the butterfly are lovely.
Autumn: Nice colours and tight composition.

Amazingly yellow leaves. We only have rust coloured ones here... also in the beautiful south :) Do you know what tree they are from?
I missed your artificial shot before. Nice bright colours.
Thank you Bebop not sure on the the tree, I was in the Sussex part of the South downs NP

Hi Clive
I like the colours you have captured, proper Autumn
Pete
Thank you Pete, not too many Autumn colours about yet.

I agree nice colours definitely says autumn
Thank you Allan

Artificial - great composition and a really nice take on the theme, colours are great too.
Autumn - Yep, that's autumn in an image, really nice warm colours and the composition is really nice.
Thanks Flypot.

Lovely colours :)
Thanks Dave

Weirdly the leaves aren't really changing very much at all here, passion flower is err still flowering too.
Nice image Clive (y)
Thank you Chris, it's the same here only a few trees are playing Autumn.

Autumn
Very bright, especially against the brown leaves.
Thanks Dominic

Interesting circular patterns on the autumn leaves.
Thanks Phil, I guess the dots are caused by insects or fungi.

A catch-up Clive.
Artifical. The colours on light on the butterfly are lovely.
Autumn: Nice colours and tight composition.
Thanks Pete I am glad you like my leaf arranging!

Ooh very nice wet shots - the first is my fave. I think you could almost crop out that left side completely as that spiky leaf with the water droplets is the star of the scene. Or maybe leave in the blade of grass that points to the spiky leaf, bringing your eye in.

I saw some yellow leaves in your autumn shot when I was out walking with my friend this last week and I mentioned your photo. She said they were sycamore leaves :ROFLMAO: who'd have guessed.

Ooh very nice wet shots - the first is my fave. I think you could almost crop out that left side completely as that spiky leaf with the water droplets is the star of the scene. Or maybe leave in the blade of grass that points to the spiky leaf, bringing your eye in.

I saw some yellow leaves in your autumn shot when I was out walking with my friend this last week and I mentioned your photo. She said they were sycamore leaves :ROFLMAO: who'd have guessed.

Thank you Helen, have done a crop... seems to work. Sycamore, is that a sort of maple?20201009_144542.jpg

Back