Clives 52 in 2020

Week 34 Tiny

A tiny screw from my glasses next to a big old screwdriver. Taking this was painful, reflections, dust, the screw and screwdriver being slightly magnetic, fingerprints. I feel it has ended up a bit floaty. But it is what it is!

Tiny Screw small.jpg

Hi Clive

I like that, love the detail on that big old screwdriver. Looks like most of mine, seen better days.

Pete

Week 35 Snappers Choice & Technique Juxtapose

Southwark Cathedral and the Shard, taken a few weeks back but taken with this week in mind. Two dissimilar bits of London architecture.

PSX_20200828_194119.jpg

Tiny: A great idea and well taken.

Snappers choice: A lovely juxtaposition. Very nice.

Super shot for tiny, love the processing on that :)

Tiny. I thought the screwdriver was a piece of wood on first look - great detail
Snappers Choice... excellent one for the technical. Certainly a great contrast.

Yep - nailed the theme and the tech well ;)

Tiny: That must be a tiny screw! I like the black background and the B&W treatment. It brings out the detail nicely.

Snapper's Choice - good idea for juxtaposition - the old and the new.

Tiny
Lots of detail. That's part of the trouble when shooting close-up, everything shows up.

Snappers choice

Two dissimilar bits of London architecture.

They are dissimilar, but also strangely similar. Both have height (in their own way) and sticky up bits on top.

Good idea for the theme and spot on too. Old/new and modern/classic etc. The image is quite flat, is it a HDR or were you trying to bring the shadow up a little too far? I can see your problem with exposure; bright sky dominates large parts of the scene.
Thank you Stan. The Cathedral was a bit dark so I did pull the shadows up quite a bit.

Tiny
Lots of detail. That's part of the trouble when shooting close-up, everything shows up.

Snappers choice

They are dissimilar, but also strangely similar. Both have height (in their own way) and sticky up bits on top.
Thank you Dominic. Tiny was a bit of a pain but I think I got there in the end!
Both buildings have definatly got sticky up bits.

Last edited:
I like them both Clive and think I just prefer the more fibrous textures in the second.

Both work for me Clive (y) although 1 has the edge IMO

Both nice shots - nice and tightly framed - not mushroom left :D

3 absolutely great shots. I love the textures (ironically...) in tiny, and the juxtaposition is just fantastic. Really nice second juxtaposition of the architectures in your shard / cathedral shot. And a great couple of 'shrooms! The first has the edge for me - that's a real wow shot!

Tiny - lovely, really well thought out and a nice composition.
Snappers Choice - I really like the way you've handled the light/contrast in this image, very well done, and the juxtaposition is also spot on
Textures - very good close up stuff, pin sharp and well lit.

I like them both Clive and think I just prefer the more fibrous textures in the second.
Thank you Pete.

I prefer #1, the beauty of mother nature.
Thank you Stan

Both work for me Clive (y) although 1 has the edge IMO
Thanks Chris

Both nice shots - nice and tightly framed - not mushroom left :D
Thank you Dave

Great choice of subject, number 1 is my favourite
Thank you Stuart

3 absolutely great shots. I love the textures (ironically...) in tiny, and the juxtaposition is just fantastic. Really nice second juxtaposition of the architectures in your shard / cathedral shot. And a great couple of 'shrooms! The first has the edge for me - that's a real wow shot!
Thank you for your kind words Shugpug

Two good images for texture Clive, my pic is the 1st one as very nicely taken.
Thank you Dave

Good textures on your mushroom.
Thank you Phil

Tiny - lovely, really well thought out and a nice composition.
Snappers Choice - I really like the way you've handled the light/contrast in this image, very well done, and the juxtaposition is also spot on
Textures - very good close up stuff, pin sharp and well lit.
Thank you Jim.

Thank you everyone for your comments this week (y)

Texture
I find the underside of mushrooms (gills) quite fascinating, in fact I find the whole lifecycle of fungi fascinating.

Texture
I find the underside of mushrooms (gills) quite fascinating, in fact I find the whole lifecycle of fungi fascinating.
Thanks Dominic, they are strange things.

Love the textures underneath - both fit the theme though. Nicely captured.
Thank you Bebop.

Proper trippy! lol But great textures!
Thank you Graham...nothing magic about these ones, Tescos finest.

Both good but #1 for me.. shrooms have such a lovely velvet texture.

Back