weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Bang on, Clive, nice use of DoF (y)

Spiky....Lovely use of DOF.

Camouflage - An outstanding tree. Almost looks like a crown with all the branches sticking out like that, so your face in the middle of that is perfect. :p

Dangerous - Lovely point of view and it’s fitting that there are dark clouds in the background.

Topical - Oh, happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one! Looks like you did, from your photo. ;)

Living World - Nice capture of a horse with all his gear on.

Spiky - Well, what Carl said. Nice sharpness and lovely dof. :)

Hi, I agree with the above comments about the angle and its a little too wide needs to be more about the wire and less about the countryside

Dangerous: I like the idea of the shot and I'm not too bothered about the distortion or the fact that the sign's not quite in focus - it's a shot of the pylon, not the sign. The viewpoint and dark sky make it suitably intimidating. But are you standing slightly off-centre? I wish you'd moved a couple of inches to the left...

Topical: I think you were blatantly fishing for birthday greetings there. Belated wishes.

Spiky: Good use of DOF and a suitable subject. I might have moved up or down so the wire didn't interfere with the horizon.

[QUOTE="nickbee, post: 7303593..
Topical: I think you were blatantly fishing for birthday greetings there. Belated wishes....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the comments, I do enjoy a bit of fishing:LOL:
:olympus::ty:

Topical- a belated Happy Birthday to you.
Living world - I like that he seems to be looking at you.
Spiky - good dof and definitely spiky

Topical, hope you enjoyed your birthday perfect for the theme,

Living World, really like the expression of the horse, you aren't riding me with that on your head. ha-ha

Spiky, nice and sharp with good leading lines.

Hi Clive :)

Topical - A bit of a snapshot for my liking, and think the WB is off, a good thought but feel it needed a bit more imagination :)

Living World - The clipped writing and the yellow hat distract a tad, but not much you could do with that, Really liking the eye on the horse though, appears to be giving you the eye :)

Spiky - Now this is nice, I like the converging wires and a perfect choice for the theme, nice DoF too (y)

Happy B'day Clive

Wacky looking horse

I think you could have got in closer to one or two of those barbs.

Spikey, lacks something. I think that if the barbed wire is the subject then it needs to fill the frame. Iyswim.

Topical - lovely colourful and cheerful shot
Living World - Beautiful shot of the horse, as others have said great capture of the eye..
Spiky - Lovely sharp focus.

Hi Clive. Happy belated birthday... and a very nice looking bottle of wine to celebrate :) Lighting and white balance not doing the shot a huge number of favours but to be honest I'd already have been half way through that bottle by that point and my photo wouldn't even be straight ;)

Living world makes me smile - the horse looks suspicious to me!

Spikey works well but might be even stronger if you'd crouched a tiny bit down to get the top wire just above the horizon? Or the opposite and got it just below? But well captured otherwise and a solid image for a tricky week.

Hi Clive. Happy belated birthday... and a very nice looking bottle of wine to celebrate :) Lighting and white balance not doing the shot a huge number of favours but to be honest I'd already have been half way through that bottle by that point and my photo wouldn't even be straight ;)

Living world makes me smile - the horse looks suspicious to me!

Spikey works well but might be even stronger if you'd crouched a tiny bit down to get the top wire just above the horizon? Or the opposite and got it just below? But well captured otherwise and a solid image for a tricky week.

It was the second bottle!:beer::olympus:

Hi Clive!
As mentioned, nice and sharp and I like the DOF leading down the barbed wire.
I think a tighter crop and a tweak to the composition might work here too - for example, bringing the barb that's in focus down to the bottom right - using 'rule of thirds' as a guide...
TBonFsn.jpg

The focus just seems a little bit in the middle for me!

Last edited:
Hi Clive!
As mentioned, nice and sharp and I like the DOF leading down the barbed wire.
I think a tighter crop and a tweak to the composition might work here too - for example, bringing the barb that's in focus down to the bottom right - using 'rule of thirds' as a guide...
TBonFsn.jpg

The focus just seems a little bit in the middle for me!

Thanks for the advice, I might go and retry this one, I might also try it from higher so the wire is against the grass background. Cheers

I think the angle is almost perfect as it is, with the wire (almost) on the horizon. Good sharpness and DoF.

Week 11 Artificial
After a very successful day at Crufts ( a second and a fourth in class) with Starlette and Nevada the American Cocker Spaniels Sophie decided to pose with her latest toy dog Lola the Basset Bitch.
There is a Toy Dog class at Crufts, but I am not sure this is what they mean.
Week 11 Artificial.jpg

Excellent choice for the theme Clive. Sophie seems to have very professional-looking presentation skills. Good fun image. :clap:

Good choice for the theme Clive, and may I just say and impressively realistic Basset toy!

LOL excellent (y)

Congrats on the 2nd & 4th too :)

Excellent choice for the theme Clive. Sophie seems to have very professional-looking presentation skills. Good fun image. :clap:

Good choice for the theme Clive, and may I just say and impressively realistic Basset toy!

Love this one Clive what a smashing fun shot,Sophie has definitely got the right touch there, very professional, and well done on your placings with your spaniels.

Sophie does the handling of the real dogs too, but this was her first Crufts.:):olympus:

Haha, nice one Clive, it made me chuckle.
Did you deliberately go with a slight dutch angle for the shot?
It may also have been worth stepping a few paces to your right to hide the arm that's coming out behind the board (of course, I wasn't there and you may already be hiding something behind the board).

Haha, nice one Clive, it made me chuckle.
Did you deliberately go with a slight dutch angle for the shot?
It may also have been worth stepping a few paces to your right to hide the arm that's coming out behind the board (of course, I wasn't there and you may already be hiding something behind the board).
So many people there , moving about that I would have to have waited until the lights went out to get an empty background, and the dutch was mostly because I was rushing before the next class came in.

Love your artificial, made me smile, Sophie is doing a very convincing job of showing her dog.

Back