weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Cool shot to kick off the 52. Not sure I am too keen on the the frame and torn effect, but I get the idea behind it.
Cheers Bob.
Yeah it didn't quite go according to plan, I'd better stick to gob shots (y)

Week 2 Pleasurable

But it was not such a pleasurable day after all ... Flat light howling wind gave way to rain. even the animals were showing their displeasure

043.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea whats going on!
(Not for the first time)

Edit. Ok. I found the intro.

Last edited:
Catalonia makes for a great shot!

how do you get your photos with no fences or bars in them?
Canon has a "wire filter" built it (y)

Actually that one is shot through glass, ( lens hood tight against the glass to take out the reflections) but for wire, either 200mm @ f/2.8 to blur it out
or 400mm @ around f/5.6 and shoot through it.

Lovely shot,
Cheers Clive

That look... As you say, it's not really a look of enjoyment, the squint of the eyes give a look of evil determination !
So whilst that's not a gob shot(TM), it is a great expression and your second week without a shoe horn!

So whilst that's not a gob shot(TM),
Not for the want of trying I can assure you :D

it is a great expression and your second week without a shoe horn!
So far the picker of themes has been kind to me, time will come when the arse throws a curved ball no doubt :D

Cheers Tim (y)

Ears back, not happy, but boy still a gorgeous looking animal. Well shot
Thanks for stopping by Donna (y)

Nicely shot, a very grumpy lioness. :)

I think his pleasure might be to get to meet you better [emoji51] Nice capture.

I’m wondering if we’ve been to the same zoo? We have two huge maneless lions at the Isle of Wight zoo. They didn’t come out from behind glass in the awful weather on my visit this week. I’m hoping when I download my pics, I’ve got ‘pleasure’ sorted.

Great images.
Thanks Dave (y)
I’m wondering if we’ve been to the same zoo? We have two huge maneless lions at the Isle of Wight zoo.
Well that's curious, I wasn't aware of any other Maneless lions. I thought these were unique, obviously not.

This is Whipsnade (ZSL) in Bedfordshire.

Thanks for dropping by (y)

Grumpy and by the sounds of it, it's quite understandable (that's the lion, although it could be both of you)

I'm not sure where 'pleasure' comes into it,
Dis-Pleasure :D
(Subtle shoe horn :D )

I'll admit it made me smile when I saw it :)
There is a Cheetah there, that also gives me "The look" I'll see if I can find a picture, if not, I'll try and capture the grumpy looking sod :D

Thanks for dropping by Andrea (y)

Dis-Pleasure :D
(Subtle shoe horn :D )

There is a Cheetah there, that also gives me "The look" I'll see if I can find a picture, if not, I'll try and capture the grumpy looking sod :D

Thanks for dropping by Andrea (y)

"Subtle"?! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I'd like to see that if you can find it. It's amazing how many different expressions animals can manage, and the feelings they convey. Our two cats and dog certainly have no difficulty running our house without saying a word :)

Week 3 Tools
Tools? (y)
You will need a set of these tools if you are an Apex predator..

A shoe horn? Do Wolverines wear shoes?

129A0229.jpg

And I couldn't let the theme, (Tool) slip by with out this ( Archive) Image (y)

In case you wondered, its a Mandrill

Mandrill.jpg

Last edited:
Back