weekly Cobra's 2020 cataclysmic catastrophes Week 52 decorate and done!

Two nice shots for Autumn. That's one weird looking rabbit.
Cheers Dave (y)
Actually its a Caviidae more guinea pig than rabbit.
Rabbits on the other hand although rodent like, those and hares, are Lagomorphs the only 2 living mammals in this family.....

And here endeth today's lesson on taxonomy.
:D

Nice light in the autumn one and the back story helped make sense of things! lol
Cheers Graham (y)

Artificial
It all sounds very complicated, I think I'll stick to full size plants :)
Good artificial light and I like the use of three's.

Autumn
It's a tough choice, but I'm going for the still life shot. It's a good use of backlight and textures. All that being said, the Patagonian Mara looks beautiful in the autumn sunlight.

Artificial
It all sounds very complicated, I think I'll stick to full size plants :)
Good artificial light and I like the use of three's.
Cheers Dom, its not all that complicated really.
Its like everything the more you know, the more you want to know, or try out (y)

Autumn
It's a tough choice, but I'm going for the still life shot. It's a good use of backlight and textures
Thanks again, Dom.
I't not my usual as you know, but while I had the set up for the trees I thought it was worth a shot (y)
( sorry :D )

Very autumnal arty farty shot.. some of my grape bunches have been totally stripped by wasps whereas others they have left intact. Fussy b*****s!
Big ahhh for the Mara.. very cute and I can see why its a favourite - great shot.

A bit of a catch-up here Chris.

Artificial. A nice idea to have the three specimens side by side and artificailly lit. Ticks all the boxes.
Autumn: I love the composition and seasonal colours of the leaves and fruits but that Mara is just terrific.

The Patagonian Mara surrounded by the leaves works for me never seen one before either

A bit of a catch-up here Chris.

Artificial. A nice idea to have the three specimens side by side and artificailly lit. Ticks all the boxes.
Autumn: I love the composition and seasonal colours of the leaves and fruits but that Mara is just terrific.
Cheers Pete (y)
The Patagonian Mara surrounded by the leaves works for me never seen one before either
Cheers Allan (y)
They aren't common in zoo's but whipsnade have a dozens of them, just roaming free, and doing what ever Mara usually do ...
No doubt there'll be more babies in the spring :D

I kinda got stuck in a rut for a bit.
Catch up time ... Some classic shoe horns too (y)
No need to comment.

Week 40 Wet.
Well yes I guess it was ...

Wet.jpg

Week 41 topical
In before the zoo locked down again

Topical.jpg

Week 42 Food
For what I am about to receive ...

Food.jpg

Week 43 Sharp ..
Well yes I guess they are

Sharp.jpg

Week 44 Shoe horn ( pre) digital age.
Mechanism from a clock tower.

Pre-digia.jpg

Week 45 Snappers Choice
The Baby one horned Rhino is growing fast, but still cute

Snappers.jpg

Last edited:
Such a catch up!! Oh deer.. you were in a rut? :LOL:

I give you a shoehorn on digital, otherwise a lovely collection of animal shots that seem to meet the brief(s).

Sharp is my favourite - you've captured a great snarl. Did she also let out one of those gut rumbling roars too? It always amazes me how they travel and if you're nearby everything seems to vibrate.

Last edited:
Oh deer.. you were in a rut? :LOL:
Go and sit in a corner and think about what you just did :p

Sharp is my favourite - you've captured a great snarl. Did she also let out one of those gut rumbling roars too?
Unfortunately not, she was just "having a word" with her sister :D

Thanks for stopping by Bee :)

Bebop nails it ^^^

Love the ikkle Rhino :)

Nice set of catchup shots and some lovely animals too. That's quite an unusual clock but the face is a bit small compare to the rest of the clock's mechanism.
Cheers Stan, its actually driving a much larger clock out of frame.
I guess the small one runs the same as the large one so they can adjust it ( the big one) if needs be?

Nice to see you out of hibernation not that I can talk, good catch up and not to much in the shoehorn category

Nice to see you out of hibernation not that I can talk, good catch up and not to much in the shoehorn category
Cheers Allan (y)
All I gotta do now is get back into the routine of commenting :)

Cheers Allan (y)
All I gotta do now is get back into the routine of commenting :)

Same for me. So little time and I like to peruse other parts of the forum as well. I don't want to just leave a cursory comment such as "nice tiger", but instead want to put a bit of effort in.

But nice tiger btw :D

So little time and I like to peruse other parts of the forum as well.
Spare a thought for you friendly neighborhood Mod, who has 2 more forums than you ( plus a subsidiary forum or two ) to read.
And then a cursory glance around many others, just to make sure everyone is playing nice.

I don't want to just leave a cursory comment such as "nice tiger"
Why not?

But nice tiger btw :D
See its not that hard is it? :D

Cheers Graham (y)

Spare a thought for you friendly neighborhood Mod, who has 2 more forums than you ( plus a subsidiary forum or two ) to read.
And then a cursory glance around many others, just to make sure everyone is playing nice.

haha not a chance would I have time for that, especially for the more toxic elements. But kudos for it, definitely.

especially for the more toxic elements. But kudos for it, definitely.
Its knowing that 2 clicks of the mouse and "they" are banned that keeps me going (y)

Great catch up, some inspired shoehorns - well done!

Nice catchup series with only a small amount of shoehorning - clearly standards are slipping ;)

Catch up
They all look pretty good to me and I wouldn't say any are a shoehorn. Still got to love the baby rhino.

Catch up
They all look pretty good to me and I wouldn't say any are a shoehorn. Still got to love the baby rhino.
Thanks Dom (y)
And I hadn't realised ( until I checked)
she is fast approaching her 1st birthday

Week 46 Narrow & I think I can claim soft focus ..
The main subject in normal focus everything else in soft focus inc. the secondary subject..

Gulls feel very safe nesting on very narrow ledges ...

Narrow-+-soft-focus.jpg

Just to give you an idea a wide angled image

Nesting-gulls.jpg

Cheers Allan, (y) and yes noisy beyond belief !

It always amazes me what tiny ledges they happily nest on. He(she?)'s sticking his tongue out at you too :)

Did you have a very long lens for this one? You managed to get in nice and close.

Fab shot!

Back