weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

He's sick of your shoehorn every week but if his name is really Spike or Spiky then spot on theme for a change. ;)
LOL no doubt he is Stan, and yes his name genuinely is "Spike" :)

Lovely photo of Spike and good job with the mice on the "reshoot"

Living World: The first is very apt for the theme, not a shoehorn at all (for once). The bear looks pretty cool, but those two are obviously 'otter.

Spiky: Nice photo.

Re-shoot: Still weird, now with added mice.

Actually I see what you mean, I should have cropped it a bit closer.
Well, I do like the crop as it is. I think the trees and ground with the light spots add to the picture. I just think you should have provided a larger resolution image. :p

But I can see it now with your coloured image, so that's fine. Tsk, poor Spiky. How he has to endure your shoehorns. :rolleyes:

Lovely photo of Spike and good job with the mice on the "reshoot"
Cheers Chris (y)

Re-shoot: Still weird, now with added mice.
LOL Thanks Nick, :)

Well, I do like the crop as it is. I think the trees and ground with the light spots add to the picture.
The original idea was to make it "dark", with a little sun coming through the trees, glad it worked :)
I just think you should have provided a larger resolution image. :p
I'l do that nest time I do "something weird" :D

. Tsk, poor Spiky. How he has to endure your shoehorns. :rolleyes:
He loves it really Sheylara :D

Ah poor old Spiky - it's hard always being in the limelight ... tough when you're on top of your game ..... as it were ! I quite like the original captive as the bg gave us a better feel for the environment in which the regal one is in. Took me a while to figure out what I was seeing but fun and mystery combined. :clap:

Yup, was expecting a gob shot from 'da man'. Not sure on the square crop though.
The revisit hurts my eyes. Glad you posted the colour version, it's a bit easier to make out.
(y)
Square crop, Spike was quite close to the glass, and I don't really like posting part of a body, it looks odd to me,
Everyone to there own I guess (y)
Thanks Tim, seems the re-shoot has mixed reviews, tis a good job we aren't all the same :)

Ah poor old Spiky - it's hard always being in the limelight ... tough when you're on top of your game ..... as it were ! I quite like the original captive as the bg gave us a better feel for the environment in which the regal one is in. Took me a while to figure out what I was seeing but fun and mystery combined. :clap:
Yep its tough being at the top of your "game" :D
He's normally so easy to shoot being in the "sun trap" right next to the glass.

Cheers Carl (y)

Liking the bear shot for the Living World Theme, looks slightly sad, must be waiting for its food.

Spiky, good shot, nice colours and interesting that there is no teeth, changes the seriousness of the image.

Spiky - Lovely picture of Spike how could you be expected to resist with this theme.
Reshoot - the rope is much better than before and it works better in colour than black and white. not sure about the mice (or rats they are a bit big for mice)
you have certainly spent a lot of time on this one.

Liking the bear shot for the Living World Theme, looks slightly sad, must be waiting for its food.
She was trying to sleep and some arse kept pointing a camera at her :D

Spiky, good shot, nice colours and interesting that there is no teeth, changes the seriousness of the image.
Cheers Lee (y)

Well it was an obvious choice wasn't it ....and he does look a beauty.
Second reshoot for me ...much prefer more colour .....love the little mice .....you could have whole zoo in the shot by December :)
Thanks Susie, now there is a challenge, to get the whole lot in :D

Hi Chris :)
As soon as I saw the theme I had a feeling that lion may be in here this week, and I must say a good choice of image, a real nice warm colour and that detailed tongue just lifts it for me :)
Cheers Dean (y)

As for the second shot with the mice pmsl :LOL:
Have you not seen the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe? ;)

Spiky mane there so not as shoehornish as usual ;) Cheers.
Thanks Andy (y)

Spiky - Lovely picture of Spike how could you be expected to resist with this theme.
Twas just too tempting :D
Reshoot - the rope is much better than before and it works better in colour than black and white. not sure about the mice (or rats they are a bit big for mice)
you have certainly spent a lot of time on this one.
, Its a nightmare trying to "puppet warp" rope and keep it consistent TBH.
But I kinda got there in the end :)

Oh and they are Mice, but had I kept them in proportion, you wouldn't have seen them.
Thanks Minxy (y)

Spiky - a super shot of a beautiful animal.
Reshoot - very clever, think the colour version has the edge over the b&w and I love the mice:clap:

Spiky - a super shot of a beautiful animal.
Reshoot - very clever, think the colour version has the edge over the b&w and I love the mice:clap:
Thanks Liz :)

Spiky - Lovely shot hbut he looks a little bored!! At least normall service has be resumed......

Reshoot clever idea a nice fun idea

Spiky - Lovely shot hbut he looks a little bored!! At least normall service has be resumed......

Reshoot clever idea a nice fun idea
He always looks bored :D

Thanks Mark (y)

Just like that!

Artificial .. The missing Lynx
( :coat: )

Battlecat5_final.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! Very cleverly done Mr. Magoo ... brilliant in fact. PS artistry. :clap:

Wow, Chris....You have waaaay more patience than I do!!
Terminator cat sure fits the theme!
Clever Idea :)

Yes I know, I should get a life, but I couldn't resist having another play .....

Terminator-cat.jpg

Is the cat's name Steve?
LOL Its a female so I guess not, I'm sure it never cost $6,000,000 either. :D

Good work there Chris and top marks for getting your many horned shoe in so early. Nothing to do at work eh?
Thanks Tim (y)

( and I rarely work Saturdays anyway ;) )

Back