weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Great photoshoppery on the artificial I defo prefer the first one with the blood red sky, adding a bit of menace.

Personal - well squeezed in with hardly a bat of an eyelid ;) Still if its personal to you, it fits the brief. Cracking Image Chris.

:D
Thanks David :)

Great photoshoppery on the artificial I defo prefer the first one with the blood red sky, adding a bit of menace.
The last one was just slapped on a basic background, with hindsight I guess I should have used the "processed" one.

Personal - well squeezed in with hardly a bat of an eyelid ;) Still if its personal to you, it fits the brief. Cracking Image Chris.
:D
Cheers Steve (y)

Awesome shot Chris - couldn't care less whether it's a shoehorn! Wonderful :)
Thanks Paul, your kind words are much appreciated (y)

Shoehorn or not excellent image of the cat, he was obviously pleased to see you

Hi Cobra, thank you for dropping into my thread a couple of times and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get around to yours! I already had the idea from comments in the discussion thread that it may be a bit 'wild and 'different' so I haven't been disappointed :D

I've had a look through from the start and picked out a few favourites. The leopard shot for Metal is great; super light and colour and a beautiful animal, and the first reshoot image for that theme is perfect, with the reflections complementing the metal and making the image stand out. I like all three of the planets pictures for Miniature, but especially the first with that lovely sky, and your processing of the first Landrover image for Abandoned is spot on for me, with that misty feel. Your image for Topical is excellent - bright, colourful and nice reflections - and unusual too, and Spike is a very handsome subject for that theme, although he doesn't look too excited about being chosen :)

Love those images for Artificial, and the 'Missing Lynx' title :D Great idea and very clever PS work, and the shoehorn for Personal can be forgiven as it's a striking image and those eyes are wonderful. Snow Leopard?

Love those images for Artificial, and the 'Missing Lynx' title :D Great idea and very clever PS work, and the shoehorn for Personal can be forgiven as it's a striking image and those eyes are wonderful. Snow Leopard?
Thanks for all the kind words Andrea and yes, snow leopard it is (y)

I can see why it is a Personal favourite, now put some Effort in .......
I wish I could Jill, I've been pretty rough recently, rather lethargic too if I'm honest.
My bum clutch seems to be broken, I can't get my arse into gear at the moment
I hate being ill :(

Personal - great picture and a personal favourite certainly fits the theme. Hope you're feeling better soon

Personal - great picture and a personal favourite certainly fits the theme. Hope you're feeling better soon
Thanks Minx, on both counts :)

Time for a catch up.
I've been a bit lax of late with comments etc, I can't shift this damned virus I seem to have acquired from someone / somewhere :(

And everything has been a real

Effort

Busy bee.jpg

As for Technology Robo Panda time.

Robo-panda-B&W.jpg

So as not to get to far off topic, How about a Horizontal Tiger
Taken through glass on a grey drizzling Saturday and hardly anything was "showing"

Flat-out1.jpg

Last edited:
Awww Cobra ...you're usually so cheery :hug: hope you feel better soon.

Love your choice for Effort, the yellow of the gorse is fabulous, Technology looks like a scene out of some weird video game, there must be loads of different photoshoppery elements in there. Horizontal .... the glass is sooooo annoying isn't it, why can't they make a tiny viewing hole just for a camera lens :)

Hope you shake it off soon PHP - these things linger longer than the in-laws. Like the vibrancy of Effort, the quirkiness of Technology but the shoehorn that is Horizontal just proves your recovery to normality (?!) is close :exit:

Nice effort with Effort, good choice of subject with nice vibrant colours.

A lot of effort in you take on technology, very Terminator!

However that tiger is making no effort at all, nicely captured

Awww Cobra ...you're usually so cheery :hug: hope you feel better soon.
Love your choice for Effort, the yellow of the gorse is fabulous, Technology looks like a scene out of some weird video game, there must be loads of different photoshoppery elements in there. Horizontal .... the glass is sooooo annoying isn't it, why can't they make a tiny viewing hole just for a camera lens :)
Thanks on all counts Susie, I hate being ill, it makes me so frustrated :(
Robo panda, I just started with one of my basic panda shots and took the background out, and then start to build it with various bits and pieces,
either drawn in or stock images added via layers in photo shop, combine them and then finally putting that onto another background and merging it all together.
panda.jpg

Hope you shake it off soon PHP - these things linger longer than the in-laws. Like the vibrancy of Effort, the quirkiness of Technology but the shoehorn that is Horizontal just proves your recovery to normality (?!) is close :exit:
Thanks Carl, I hope that "normal service" will be resumed before too long (y)

Nice effort with Effort, good choice of subject with nice vibrant colours.
A lot of effort in you take on technology, very Terminator!
However that tiger is making no effort at all, nicely captured
Thanks Chris, it was tempting to put Spike in the horizontal, but I thought I'd give one of the other big cats a "look in" for a change :D

Sorry to hear you've not been well - get robo panda on the case to chase it out of town...here's hoping you're all mended soon. The colours in your bee shot are fantastic - I can't wait for warmer weather and the chance for more minibeasty shots. Your tiger looks as though he's not getting vertical anytime soon. But your raging red panda made me laugh out loud - a very inventive take on technology :)

Hi Cobra

Effort I love this one love the detail and colours and you just know the effort that little Bee is putting in collecting the pollen

Technology - Brilliant take on the theme and seeing how it started out WOW the B&W conversion really adds to it for me.

Horizontal - That's one relaxed big cat

Hope your feeling better soon mate

Sorry to hear you've not been well - get robo panda on the case to chase it out of town...here's hoping you're all mended soon. The colours in your bee shot are fantastic - I can't wait for warmer weather and the chance for more minibeasty shots. Your tiger looks as though he's not getting vertical anytime soon. But your raging red panda made me laugh out loud - a very inventive take on technology :)
Glad the Panda amused you Emma :)

Hi Cobra
Effort I love this one love the detail and colours and you just know the effort that little Bee is putting in collecting the pollen
Technology - Brilliant take on the theme and seeing how it started out WOW the B&W conversion really adds to it for me.
Horizontal - That's one relaxed big cat
Hope your feeling better soon mate

Thanks for the good wishes and the kind comments guys, both are much appreciated (y)

I wish I could Jill, I've been pretty rough recently, rather lethargic too if I'm honest.
My bum clutch seems to be broken, I can't get my arse into gear at the moment
I hate being ill :(

That's pretty much my default status so I feel for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've been off the radar for a couple of weeks now and have finally sorted my pics for the last two themes today but can't be arsed to post them :( Well, tomorrow is another day :sleep:

Hi Chris :)

Effort - Love the bright colour of this, and hang on, the composition works too, boy you did put some effort into this one, like it mate (y)

Technology - Hahaaaa Robo-Panda, I'm hoping hollywood are watching and have script writers doodling away already :D

Horizontal - Say no more, flat out on his side, nice and clear too considering the state of the glass in them enclosures :)

And that's you up to date AGAIN !!!

Personal - Nice shoehorn there. :p Amazing shot, though!

Effort - Lovely close-up of a bee! I really like the composition and colours there. :)

Technology - Haha, nice work. Another one of your scary composites? I would see that movie!

Horizontal - Aww, love the tiger. You’ve capture a great moment with the tongue!

Good to see you back and nice catch up.
Effort; definitely the hardest working insects of the nature world.
It was a bonus TBH, it landed right in front of me while I was "shooting" the Wolverines :)

And that's you up to date AGAIN !!!
I'm just about hanging in there Dean :rolleyes:

Technology - Haha, nice work. Another one of your scary composites?
No, there is a "Special area" out back of the zoo, where they keep " these" :D

Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement guys (y)

Effort - Nice macro. (y)

Technology - interesting shoppery :)

Horizontal - pick of the bunch ... good image plus good take of the theme. :clap:

get well soon.

Effort - Nice macro. (y)

Technology - interesting shoppery :)

Horizontal - pick of the bunch ... good image plus good take of the theme. :clap:

get well soon.
Cheers David, on both counts (y)

Effort - Great macro, wonderfully vibrant.
Technology - Brilliant!
Horizontal - Lovely shot of the tiger.
Hope you are feeling better now:)

Hope you're feeling better now, and there's a real contrast of styles in your catch-up images. Effort is a cracker with the bright colours of the gorse and the bee, and there's no question that it's on topic for the theme. I wasn't sure what to make of Technology but it's a clever idea and when compared to your starting image it's clear a lot of effort and PPing has gone into it. It works well in B&W (y) Horizontal is a good choice; I was hoping to get something similar of our dog but a tiger definitely trumps that and the tongue sticking out is a humourous touch :)

Hi Chris - sorry to hear you've been poorly. Get better soon, if you're not already!

Effort - I'm no good at macro so I'm not well placed to comment. It's a great shot of the bee and flower - you can see its face etc. The only that bugs me (see, ha ha?) slightly is the very bright highlights from the direct sun on the flower and parts of the bee. Might have been one for a more overcast day perhaps with softer lighting?
Technology - utter lunacy, so I love it :)
Horizontal is a super shot - it looks slightly washed out and not sure if that was the effect you were after or a consequence of low contrast sky (cloudy etc.)? It brings out good detail though, but could perhaps do with just a nudge on the slider to increase the pop?

Well done on catching up and looking forward to this week's theme (nudge nudge...)

Effort - Great macro, wonderfully vibrant.
Technology - Brilliant!
Horizontal - Lovely shot of the tiger.
Hope you are feeling better now:)
Thanks Liz :)

Hope you're feeling better now, and there's a real contrast of styles in your catch-up images. Effort is a cracker with the bright colours of the gorse and the bee, and there's no question that it's on topic for the theme. I wasn't sure what to make of Technology but it's a clever idea and when compared to your starting image it's clear a lot of effort and PPing has gone into it. It works well in B&W (y) Horizontal is a good choice; I was hoping to get something similar of our dog but a tiger definitely trumps that and the tongue sticking out is a humourous touch :)
Thanks Andrea :)

Hi Chris - sorry to hear you've been poorly. Get better soon, if you're not already!

Effort - I'm no good at macro so I'm not well placed to comment. It's a great shot of the bee and flower - you can see its face etc. The only that bugs me (see, ha ha?) slightly is the very bright highlights from the direct sun on the flower and parts of the bee. Might have been one for a more overcast day perhaps with softer lighting?
Technology - utter lunacy, so I love it :)
Horizontal is a super shot - it looks slightly washed out and not sure if that was the effect you were after or a consequence of low contrast sky (cloudy etc.)? It brings out good detail though, but could perhaps do with just a nudge on the slider to increase the pop?
Well done on catching up and looking forward to this week's theme (nudge nudge...)
Macro is certainly not my strong point either as you can tell, Paul, it was an over cast day, and I still managed to "blow" some of the highlights :rolleyes:
Although as it landed right in front of me, it would have been rude "not to" Eh? :D

The Tiger was shot on a damp drizzly day through dirty glass, I did try to "pop it" a bit but the colours went to hell so gave up and left it in the end.
I just played with the contrast to try and get a reasonable image out of it.

Thanks for all the kind words and wishes guy's they are really appreciated.
I was just getting over man flu and got slaughtered with some bloody virus or other, that made me feel like s***, TBH.

I'm feeling a lot better in my self than I have for quite awhile, but I still am very drained and lacking in energy, I'll get there (y)

Back