weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

certainly topical with the link provided, fancy someone losing a pistol on Mars who'd a thunk it, well spotted and interpreted (y)

Hadn't seen that story, certainly makes you wonder what is in people's heads. Nice take on the theme

Oh My GOD... you managed a mega shoehorn AND got your snacks in for the week too !!

Liking the colour of this Chris, and the reflection on the surface.... now then, bring one of them here can you, I could kill a mars bar, well as long as it has been in a fridge :D

Lovig Topical Chris some nice colours in there and good fun image and you get to eat the props too

certainly topical with the link provided, fancy someone losing a pistol on Mars who'd a thunk it, well spotted and interpreted (y)
I'm guessing it was Arnie in total recall, he just forgot where he left it, recall perhaps, wasn't quite as total as he thought. :D

Hadn't seen that story, certainly makes you wonder what is in people's heads. Nice take on the theme
I love a good conspiracy theory :D

Oh My GOD... you managed a mega shoehorn AND got your snacks in for the week too !!
Liking the colour of this Chris, and the reflection on the surface.... now then, bring one of them here can you, I could kill a mars bar, well as long as it has been in a fridge :D
I shall be in Thetford Mid/ late morning, but I fear that it may have gone a bit soggy by then Dean :D

Lovig Topical Chris some nice colours in there and good fun image and you get to eat the props too
I don't actually like them TBH, so unless you lot get around here fast, my son will take care of them no doubt :D

Love the way you've set this one up Chris .....the reflections make it a really eye catching shot. I hadn't seen that story .......the mind boggles !!
Now you can eat them .....but definitely as DK says .....in the fridge first :)
They are in the fridge Susie, but as above :D
Blimey Chris, good find on the Martian Gun story !!!
Love the shot with those reflections and other than the gun in the story is a pistol, not a revolver, BANG on theme :)
There is always one smart arse :p

Thanks for all the kind comments guys (y)

Last edited:
I wondered how an image of a gun and Mars could possibly be themed as Topical .... only a master shoe-craftsman I thought but then I read on and absolutely gobsmacked - right on the button. I remember it - think it was Total Recall. Brilliant take - love the composition and reflection ... an extra point though for the edible props. :clap:

I wondered how an image of a gun and Mars could possibly be themed as Topical .... only a master shoe-craftsman I thought but then I read on and absolutely gobsmacked - right on the button. I remember it - think it was Total Recall. Brilliant take - love the composition and reflection ... an extra point though for the edible props. :clap:
Thanks Carl, (y) Things are not always as they first seem eh? :D

I KNEW you were a closet DM reader Chris. ;) :D

Good idea.... And nicely shot. :)

:LOL: Topical is great....what on earth are people smoking to think they have spotted a handgun on Mars?? It clearly looks like a rock!

That's where I left one of the eagle's. ...damn it....now I have to go all the way back as some nut job will think there's little green men up there after all! !

That's amusing, Chris... well done on getting something so off the wall into that theme. My brain is struggling to make sense of the depth of the items - they almost look like a collage made in post or printed and stuck on a wall. For me, it loses a bit of something because of that, but it's a very creative take on a difficult theme.

Wow, there are some proper nutters out there.

Great idea for a picture. I realise you're trying to echo the composition of the original photographic 'evidence' but it's a very busy image - I wonder if keeping it simpler might have made it easier on the eye? Either way well done for coming up with something different.

I KNEW you were a closet DM reader Chris. ;) :DGood idea.... And nicely shot. :)
Strangely
I googled Weird news, and guess which paper led the pile? :D

:LOL: Topical is great....what on earth are people smoking to think they have spotted a handgun on Mars?? It clearly looks like a rock!
Maybe "Smoke" a little more and it will become clear to you also? :D

Never fails to amaze me what you can shoehorn every week. .
:whistle:
:D

Topical - your images do amaze me, what a good Idea for the theme :clap:
I do try Mandy, some say I'm very trying :D

That's where I left one of the eagle's. ...damn it....now I have to go all the way back as some nut job will think there's little green men up there after all! !
I knew it had to be you!

That's amusing, Chris... well done on getting something so off the wall into that theme. My brain is struggling to make sense of the depth of the items - they almost look like a collage made in post or printed and stuck on a wall. For me, it loses a bit of something because of that, but it's a very creative take on a difficult theme.
I did try a couple of lay-outs, Paul, that one was the outer wrapper pinned above a reflective surface and the "bars" scattered on the reflective surface,
I agree its a bit messy, but I went with the surreal feel as I thought it fitted the theme better.

Wow, there are some proper nutters out there.
Great idea for a picture. I realise you're trying to echo the composition of the original photographic 'evidence' but it's a very busy image - I wonder if keeping it simpler might have made it easier on the eye? Either way well done for coming up with something different.
As above to Paul, Nick, regarding the lay out.

Thanks Guys, your kind comments are much appreciated (y)

Well that confused me - thank goodness for your link!
LOL otherwise you would have thought I'd totally lost it Eh? :D

The pistol on your shot certainly looks more realistic than the one in the 'story'....I think the busyness definitely says 'lost' on Mars.

Thanks Emma (y)

Oh dear.....love it....and I believe it.......:D,
It was a Daily Mail link, it just has to be true (y)
Of course they gave up there Ray guns in favour of pistol:cool:
They appear to be comparing it to a Glock .40 which is largely composite, hence why it hasn't rusted away I guess.

:D

Now what use is a limp mars bar to anybody... that is just not good enough :bat:
As long as its only a Mars bar that's limp (y)

But anyway, you were too slow, my son got there first,
They are now as rare as a gun on the red planet .... Oh wait a minute :D

Haha, the article made an interesting read :) Nice shot of something different in the news!

Dangerous - That's a clever idea for the theme. Never used one myself but was warned about them in my youth. Impressed with your work to make this up for the theme.

Topical - I had no idea what the picture was about until I looked at the link, but makes perfect sense now (your picture, not a gun on mars!).

Dangerous - That's a clever idea for the theme. Never used one myself but was warned about them in my youth.
I think that a lot people had a little play in their yoof, and those that did, warned those that hadn't ;)
Impressed with your work to make this up for the theme.
Cheers :)
Topical - I had no idea what the picture was about until I looked at the link, but makes perfect sense now (your picture, not a gun on mars!).
Cheers Steve I appreciate you stopping by (y)

Bit of a shoe horn this week, I had a few idea's but a hectic week-end put paid to those, so a quick trip to ZSL, for shoe horns by the dozen.
Increasing the population of the living world, by making new life :D

Otters.jpg

The bear necessities of life will come to you
( yeah just lay there )

Bear.jpg

She doesn't look ecstatic about her lot, to be fair... Although compared with the bear she's positively delirious!

On theme but perhaps lacking at bit of... well, I was going to say "bang" so maybe I need another phrase for this one?

Was a lower POV possible - it feels a bit "flat"?

well, I was going to say "bang" so maybe I need another phrase for this one?
Naw screw it, just say what you mean :D

Was a lower POV possible - it feels a bit "flat"?
Unfortunately not, Paul, plus the light was flatter than a flat thing, misty as well, well that is, low cloud :(

Thanks for dropping by (y)

I don't think that's a shoe horn, without a bit of reproduction there wouldn't be a living world and unlike my effort it really is alive. I think the bear is getting bored of seeing you though :)

I think the bear is getting bored of seeing you though :)
They probably all are Chris
(You should see the death stare I got from the Wolverine :D )

Thanks for dropping by (y)

Definitely no shoehorn - I know there's implied action in the first but I prefer the bear .... perhaps because of the kindred spirit with implied inaction :)

Back