weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Nothing more to add, really very good indeed, great range of tones

Straight - defiantly is straight,, ideally I would prefer the people a bit further down the passage but by then some one else would probably have come along to get it the way even more.
Unattractive - litter in all shapes and sizes has featured a lot for this theme
Shadow - I really like this one good choice to include the orb.

Nothing more to add, really very good indeed, great range of tones
(y)
Shadow - Like this works well getting the shadows on the light really make it for me. (y)
(y)
Straight - defiantly is straight,, ideally I would prefer the people a bit further down the passage but by then some one else would probably have come along to get it the way even more.
Unattractive - litter in all shapes and sizes has featured a lot for this theme
Shadow - I really like this one good choice to include the orb.
(y)

Thanks Chris, Nigel and not least Minx for your nice comments. :)

Beautiful .... Ah! time for some street. :)

So I was in Westminster yesterday with a couple of hours to spare and the plan was .... tourists making themselves look Beautiful for the camera, selfies with hidden meanings, whatever, I do love street. First, I checked out the new Millicent Fawcett statue, Beautifully done, great detail in her clothing. But it was too sunny, I'll come back another time, walked up Whitehall, saw selfies in Trafalgar Square, too sunny, plus I missed a couple of possibles as I was not well positioned in time. Walked to Covent Garden, hung around, the fiddlers finished and the opera started, Beautiful voice I said to the man demanding money. Beautiful voice, yes that's it !!

17. A Beautiful Voice: "La Boheme"
BHsel03APPSfM1M1e81WMOQRGV4xuNn4zz9qda_9Ey_fYmWSqD5Z6-lX-gSx3xnT3MifrTtXyX7EI7aVrtTguSVAfimOdrCoVinFQJ2jLuHQZ4YidP436yFc7zzGOVQ2rMfxaRRxAuCQ5eS6vZWyxpnLB85xGp42r7ZYS-EMY7Oph-SfUlgGYAixYEnxfpzH1qlAQ9CshcCWQDnD35w5CsCIF6fgRvjmgjcoXFceQdciyYffizCud2FpVV6pSSfgMGMmFmKxxc1d24eC0fr9f9dJm45Mn1gct4FjmBdGr8d3ITpRtPoMAgYXMZYUGOWCSZX6t487UjkVhv0-q211dpUmQduHXz8bNYYV5MkS1DIq_Z33ALk0u_qa0H5_KXhPj64hTTCa0SXG4sGtFQ4ociFyJTqmNDuJi2pPEAYbEg3Z-UrCGzDCP88XEmH4UfjC8k0mV7c4SBR-kcEY2IZWFKEBGgUR_osXn6JK8bBuxu5MUbb69Xx9fp77ilG5kvM3uHBhNQS2F7V7GCQLT6OWgpsMt3e3-9P9NDX_GN1SqB-Pnz5457BAxNMjYgn5dvXvPPGb27BxRS5f54GqG1NDJtDKlNvthqAag5WbzxU=w1428-h885-no

Last edited:
...... just added my story above.

Beautiful voice, a clever take on theme David. The BG really suits the singer so good shot.

Thanks, it wasn't what I had planned. Yes the BG is an important part of the shot for me, I also favoured the side profile.

Last edited:
David

Shadows - you caught them in time, nice and sharp, with plenty of texture against the wall.
Beautiful - Nice take on the theme, the background makes the Image.

Pete

I’ve listened very hard to the photograph and can’t hear anything :whistle:

Nice idea and well executed, I like it (y)

Beautiful

I'll take your word for it, that her voice was beautiful. I like the pose you've managed to capture.

Shadow is one of the best I have seen for that theme, David. Really striking interplay of light and shade on the round thingy and the wall - absolutely spot on!
Beautiful - although we have to take your word for the sound of her voice, her pose tells us that she's singing and the background also hints at entertainment and contrasts well with her colourful dress. A good find (y)

It's a bit of a challenge to photograph sound so as has been said, we'll take you word for it's beauty.

David

Shadows - you caught them in time, nice and sharp, with plenty of texture against the wall.
Beautiful - Nice take on the theme, the background makes the Image.

Pete
Thanks Pete (y)
Hi d00d ....I loved going to Covent Garden, nowt like that in Newquay :) really nicely done with that background and I’m sure she sounds amazing.
Yeah but the pasties in Newquay are far superior. And yes sound travels well in that old market hall ... right next door to The Royal Opera House ... ironically.

I’ve listened very hard to the photograph and can’t hear anything :whistle:

Nice idea and well executed, I like it (y)
Beautiful

I'll take your word for it, that her voice was beautiful. I like the pose you've managed to capture.
It's a bit of a challenge to photograph sound so as has been said, we'll take you word for it's beauty.
Thanks for the comments guys .... I'm sorry you can't hear that beautiful voice. ;)

Shadow is one of the best I have seen for that theme, David. Really striking interplay of light and shade on the round thingy and the wall - absolutely spot on!
Beautiful - although we have to take your word for the sound of her voice, her pose tells us that she's singing and the background also hints at entertainment and contrasts well with her colourful dress. A good find (y)

.... striking interplay of light and shade ... Thanks Andrea.

And thanks for using your imagination with that opera singer. I did get better kind of pleading hand gestures, but this was the best overall ... got veins standing out in her neck. :)

BTW she was sitting on a barstool ... makes her top half a bit shapeless.

Shadow - That's a cracking shot David lovely natural light nice mono conversion too.

Beautiful - A clever take on the theme I like the composition and think the background works well

Crafty clever take on the Beautiful theme. :)

Shadow - That's a cracking shot David lovely natural light nice mono conversion too.

Beautiful - A clever take on the theme I like the composition and think the background works well
Thanks Mark ... yes my shadow shot is popular. :) and I'm pleased you like Beautiful, compo & BG ... there were a number of peeps taking shots and it's quite easy to move round 45 degrees but to frame your shot with the BG door frames which are caught side on works a treat, I think.

Crafty clever take on the Beautiful theme. :)
Thanks Dave (y)

Took lots this week but all a bit uninspiring :cautious: .......

Week 18 Low tide
JpgFJohbED_P_6NmrCD7cDACgdp5x7QJEDjHnBly_vLB0LTykg-ELy1dcHPzs2gWQ2AFFJXrufDALkpMFYEhoDwfTplUMQXOhgmVDoDALd0-sD9qxpmk6Fa0KKX73vo0df_6i4Er-JCF5RNDDmqfKwrbIe89XS6KOTGfQTh8gbo6tDAiO-jik6RsVhNtVVM_0ZuN4goYp9IVOw-vYQfKYs8wxwF-BCVSbMvH2j9QLelsPbPw0o-z1fs7aCoyf5cPvJUNQbZB6CEdkA_tDlhUI1nk4FZodIGWkOlhnql8bD0bshMAmBg0bgjrKdHW9Wk9FuSocFrwQ-fRH5B6iMT6snfKptXImN8s5J4CAXNE-QcjWgvgCcqI3mWSf9N4fY_ZmvEbs4e7_PRxxASw7fwT9en0wzrCyn-UW8v-Ftt1w9lxEA-jOYi9hpS3X7NTprq5_kg1DOrHqF4gKZgJ9n5cYUXMfcD_2CdiUrZZqzwlbcN_H6m8Vnde2YeLTTksqtw6imIqy43e0vNWreForpfPQfWfUVs8XtBRjuraPokJ4NP6uHwE0puOsqaapODerKF_bZDfzVEnWdMXJTzaCyFb9W4QXocliZLYJ6iYd0c=w1328-h885-no

Uninspiring or not that fits the theme I like the muted colours in it too

Beautiful - Very nicely done David. Often people singing look odd/strange/unattractive due to the open mouth, but in this case I think she looks just right. I feel you can tell she's singing without reading the caption. (y)
Low - I bet there's a quid still in that lock, didn't feel up to rescuing it? ;)
It certainly fits the theme.

Could have been your entry for unattractive but low in the mud at low tide, does the job nicely.

Spot on and it fits the theme. Well spotted.
Yes a lucky find. I was looking for something at Low tide but didn't know what. :)

Uninspiring or not that fits the theme I like the muted colours in it too
Uninspiring or not ... some see poet symbolism in abandoned trolleys you know. :)

Beautiful - Very nicely done David. Often people singing look odd/strange/unattractive due to the open mouth, but in this case I think she looks just right. I feel you can tell she's singing without reading the caption. (y)
Cheers .... and she has a beautiful voice, doesn't she! :)

Low - I bet there's a quid still in that lock, didn't feel up to rescuing it? ;)
It certainly fits the theme.
It's down by the Blue Anchor at Hammersmith, if you're interested. :D

Could have been your entry for unattractive but low in the mud at low tide, does the job nicely.
... or Beautiful, depending on your artistic bent .... :D

Thanks all (y)

Last edited:
Hi David, Catching up again!

Unattractive - This could have worked for juxtaposition as well, I think. Lovely little daisies in the grass along with some litter louts can (thats assuming you found it like that and didn't set it up:exit:)
Shadow - I like this, lots of interesting shapes and patterns
Beautiful - You can definitely tell that she is singing rather than just yelling! I like the side view giving an interesting bg
Low - Blimey it looks more like a swamp! I wonder who made the effort to get the trolley there and get it into the river!

:D

Low is a good idea and would have been perfect for Unattractive, too. Such a shame to see these trolleys all over the place and this one is particularly grim, rusting away half-submerged in slimy mud at low tide. The muted tones of the metal and the mud are complementary, too.
I think it's great for the theme d00d and its something a bit different too ...works for me :)
Low fits the theme. Could also fit unattractive and wet. Multi use shot.
Hi David, Catching up again!

Unattractive - This could have worked for juxtaposition as well, I think. Lovely little daisies in the grass along with some litter louts can (thats assuming you found it like that and didn't set it up:exit:)
Shadow - I like this, lots of interesting shapes and patterns
Beautiful - You can definitely tell that she is singing rather than just yelling! I like the side view giving an interesting bg
Low - Blimey it looks more like a swamp! I wonder who made the effort to get the trolley there and get it into the river!

:D
Low in the ground too at low tide, bang on theme David.

Thanks all, not least Georgina @Missycat for the commenting catchup (y)

BTW. This is an unusual sight in the Thames, I don't mean the shopping trolley, I mean the silt/mud it's sitting in. It gets trapped between the river wall and houseboats .. that where I spotted the trolley. :)

Last edited:
Low -- a good image for photographic purposes and this theme but if there is later category called 'Sad' I suggest re-submitting it as it is a sad reflection of modern times

Low -- a good image for photographic purposes and this theme but if there is later category called 'Sad' I suggest re-submitting it as it is a sad reflection of modern times
:D .... Thanks Martin.

Back