weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Thick - I like that love the bright contrasting colours nicely composed too.

Nice ketchup shot the red and green work well together
As Allan says, the complementary colours work well together.
I think you're being too critical regarding the reflections. They help to give it depth.
Wasn't sure on the choice of bg colour at first, I can see that they work well together, reflections seem ok to me, it fits the theme well.
That's colourful! the red and green work and the blob of ketchup looks nice and thick.
Not as thick as it used to be I bet, but a nice image with striking colours.Nice highlights on the sauce dripping out.

Pete
Nice 'Thick" shot - well set up and taken David
Thanks all ... I wasn't overwhelmed with this for various reasons but just before uploading I gave it the 1960 effect in Picasa which really added punch, so pleased with that. :)

Hi David, eventually getting round to commenting on everyone, then hopefully stay a bit more unto date!

Over - Really like this. Interesting fg with all the posters and lovely blurred train. Lighting giving it a slightly seedy air (y)
Age - That red really pops. Great detail in all the wrinkles too
Sharp - Good take on the theme. Dof works well and I like that you put some facing the opposite way
Guard - Nice expression and I like the blur, I think its just enough to know its a person passing by
Thick - The red and green contrast well and just enough sauce dripping over the edge

:D

I love the red on green contrast! Well composed, well lit and most definitely thick!

Guard - nicely focused on the subject
Thick - very vibrant the colours work well together

Hi David, your Guard image works well because of his watchful expression and the way his eyes seem to be directed at whatever/whoever is causing the blur on the left, so it makes for a very immediate experience that places the viewer right in the scene. His bright green jacket adds an important splash of dramatic colour, too (y)

Thick also works well with the red contrasting nicely with the green surface, and the lighting and highlights show the moist, 'gloopy' nature of the sauce. Simple, but very effective.

Hi David, eventually getting round to commenting on everyone, then hopefully stay a bit more unto date!

Over - Really like this. Interesting fg with all the posters and lovely blurred train. Lighting giving it a slightly seedy air (y)
Age - That red really pops. Great detail in all the wrinkles too
Sharp - Good take on the theme. Dof works well and I like that you put some facing the opposite way
Guard - Nice expression and I like the blur, I think its just enough to know its a person passing by
Thick - The red and green contrast well and just enough sauce dripping over the edge

:D
Thanks so much for all the crit Missy, so nice!

Hi David, your Guard image works well because of his watchful expression and the way his eyes seem to be directed at whatever/whoever is causing the blur on the left, so it makes for a very immediate experience that places the viewer right in the scene. His bright green jacket adds an important splash of dramatic colour, too (y)

Thick also works well with the red contrasting nicely with the green surface, and the lighting and highlights show the moist, 'gloopy' nature of the sauce. Simple, but very effective.
I always enjoy your words of critique Andrea ... thanks so much.

Week 9 ~ A bung dance :D

GcWZBFTYMDNYC2AjwDmjf-g2cq8twfa73r9EPXHCrm8-Ipt2jMXP1MauGAePguzEqKgmCaAtbYOmcrA_Fcj0oStXIpyankc8hnGGYEEd9YUiixLldtuqg1E2laGxahHXc8_hLHqjXnLY7Oqf8lOg3vYL4Vca9Q433yiYRE51lixEfgzwAj9l38Vw2nq9ODh3M0enFQY-P3S2HUFecrH_9-XXdUu8KdUEUffDo0fB183ZshO6rxGkGfsep4FCgoXxlLbRbt9i8_GlCdLlhgfFKyApvMy0h-h6zgAF7J1DIiNr2al-wbZBuFfYxCppgTkdyGHnQqaRI1Aeb7sl0QKWj45xGNzA__Nv0JYawQ6s2-uXU5UZ9TDTUgk48fvRLVgQAEHTFWpye467svZ7hvwmfhc1Q5HybFcm3YECvfJc64Nf_Au_Q2oTfMreLCYtXyexW77nVfkYn1UrPy7WcBIsQYRiPavMSmM6AFTo1wJSLbOPuUKnlLO9EZ0D0SqyuQEJYiT3Bx4BYSgOF_HH6Z1zXTIXRLK3LuE7C2aeVVhT5WyDnB7dMgLTQJ7P_U3i518QqocrvZNEZkXxboxmp-3u4ju-rXVIn4gAktV83I8=w1425-h885-no

Great title David - good thinking and there's certainly an abundance of bungs mate

Did you not use that before? Seem to remember something anyway there’s certainly a lot of them

Groan - must have take you days to drink all that wine :D. Seriously it really is a good photo, sharp throughout, interesting range of tones and textures from the corks.

Love the shot of the corks, great idea for the theme

Hi David, thick is a good shot as colours go together nicely and a good choice to use the tommy sauce, like the faint shadow of the plastic bottle too.
Abundance is a Corker of a shot, well placed and taken :)
A corker (y) cheers Dave.

I do like all the textures and warm tones of the different corks, and the decision to fill the frame with them underlines the theme. It looks like there are a couple of clear favourite brands among them!

I have to ask - are they all yours and did you enjoy them? :D
Thanks Andrea (y).... I find with things like the corks a good result is had by setting camera WB to warm/yellow then lightening it in PP, you get a better range.

Adega de Redondo produce a pleasing Red called Porta da Ravessa. :)
Great title David - good thinking and there's certainly an abundance of bungs mate
:D ... thanks Ian.

Did you not use that before? Seem to remember something anyway there’s certainly a lot of them
You're right ... I did something back in 2015 with AR corks only, fewer of them and less shambolic.

Groan - must have take you days to drink all that wine :D. Seriously it really is a good photo, sharp throughout, interesting range of tones and textures from the corks.
Years, honests! :D

Great stuff David, love the mix of textures and colours in the corks!

All you still standing, hero of the theme I think, having to drink that many bottles of wine.

Lovely colours and texture, great image.

Pete

Great stuff David, love the mix of textures and colours in the corks!
All you still standing, hero of the theme I think, having to drink that many bottles of wine.

Lovely colours and texture, great image.

Pete
Great shot of the corks, love it.
Abundance - Cool shot. Love how the whole frame is filled with corks. I also like the odd splash of pink/red/purple on them.

Thanks guys ... (y) ... and just for the record, this is the results of Ms d00d & I consuming half a bottle of red per night with dinner over a ten year period. :sneaky:

Thanks guys ... (y) ... and just for the record, this is the results of Ms d00d & I consuming half a bottle of red per night with dinner over a ten year period. :sneaky:
You must have luxury wine, mine only have screw tops:D

Not sure I'd want to be your liver David ;) I don't remember this from 2015, Allan has a good memory.
Nicely taken. I'm glad you avoided any temptation fo go with a shallow DoF, it's good to see the whole lot in focus.

You must have luxury wine, mine only have screw tops:D
The Portuguese Reds we drink ... just simple table wine from the country of the cork oak tree, don't think they do screw tops. :D

Not sure I'd want to be your liver David ;) I don't remember this from 2015, Allan has a good memory.
Nicely taken. I'm glad you avoided any temptation fo go with a shallow DoF, it's good to see the whole lot in focus.

Allan remembers the unforgettable :D Yeah shallow dof would look rubbish here, I do big f/ number, long exposure in pretty poor natural light and the corks buried beneath other corks are sharp. Cheers.

Cork shot is....well.....corking! (sorry)
Really like the full frame shot and colours and textures are great.

Back