weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Like most folk, the first one for me too. Even tho he is looking away, it gets you wondering about what he is looking at and adds to the image.

Like most folk, the first one for me too. Even tho he is looking away, it gets you wondering about what he is looking at and adds to the image.

I'm going with the crowd too, #513.
Nicely sharp and pops out from the background well.

Thank you for looking and the comments :)

A nice collection of street shots, I assume candid? I prefer #4, even though that's not on theme. Otherwise #3.

I think a really good set, like Bernd I really like number 4. Number two also takes my fancy(pun intended) with the interaction between the two girls. Good street shots all.

Nice set Dave but you didn't pick the best for your post in the images thread. IMHO it needs a lot more light and to lose some of the background too. I've taken the liberty of playing withit a bit

IMG_2041.jpg

My fave of the set is the (un)attractive street person (y)

I like #2 although the background is busy the confident girl with her friend looking at her is a good fit for the theme IMHO. I also like #4, it's a strong image and challenges our ideas of attractiveness.

well done for getting away with it!

I like #3 ... some interesting tones there and I like the way her nails match up with some of the pebbles.

unorthodox crop ... hope you don't mind.

ZAaaOmeQD6AqKhSWIeNSJea1lvs0wGz7JX2OhaKPu7s0_PEcGkXMuv5KjvzzsF0Y4hPxungdjrpeZ8nVuruLRegMNmKoqbhMonR1T55-sznynn0t28zJU2hIueZKrP0wPCA8lj72Y8Yveu0XO8Ho4-85q3b9jTdKVCmNYlPfMDD2vkUVniKGXTM4NImhc2A8Uaa7SO27GhKoaKpCB5ud1OB2h-6uR2XE1IMoTSnaz3nJcasoQXhy9xHG6wQAuVMpEQsb4_xR0OpSGfZEXEbeYHiiSp_8pffGL86-8p6I4JVrnXZuOpqvRRnFbiP07LiEsmiU4TSH_jhuK3c-Fcv6baKknIub9rmztC8KuEL8d2JK4cHWQTJPno49c8am4msI28SciQscSeJwvBqmCCXtWlMvgZ9y212_NBG2XwxG3qrgoIBa01ngSCKMWivub_DhTiS0Z1gYZmhVhA825WQxSk0ufvv2fPsXUauLQp3Avb8kLtH5-ybTtfdC5hlDVTinUruNQrwlhmoqfqoOe3M77CDPYpwMQ4mDmRL7VlmieGRObE9BSCscxw4aDZc7W5OTEl4gp09oRtb45dk0LM8CouG98gYAQwwevB5X8cTs4AzakLmBG_1f=w1430-h533-no

Last edited:
I can't doubt they are attractive people, but I am not sure about sneaking the shots its not something I would do, so I will leave it there

I think a really good set, like Bernd I really like number 4. Number two also takes my fancy(pun intended) with the interaction between the two girls. Good street shots all.

Thank you for the words :)

Nice set Dave but you didn't pick the best for your post in the images thread. IMHO it needs a lot more light and to lose some of the background too. I've taken the liberty of playing withit a bit

View attachment 97739

Thanks Jill for the words and good edit :)

My fave of the set is the (un)attractive street person (y)

I like #2 although the background is busy the confident girl with her friend looking at her is a good fit for the theme IMHO. I also like #4, it's a strong image and challenges our ideas of attractiveness.

Thanks for the words Chris :)

well done for getting away with it!

I like #3 ... some interesting tones there and I like the way her nails match up with some of the pebbles.

unorthodox crop ... hope you don't mind.

ZAaaOmeQD6AqKhSWIeNSJea1lvs0wGz7JX2OhaKPu7s0_PEcGkXMuv5KjvzzsF0Y4hPxungdjrpeZ8nVuruLRegMNmKoqbhMonR1T55-sznynn0t28zJU2hIueZKrP0wPCA8lj72Y8Yveu0XO8Ho4-85q3b9jTdKVCmNYlPfMDD2vkUVniKGXTM4NImhc2A8Uaa7SO27GhKoaKpCB5ud1OB2h-6uR2XE1IMoTSnaz3nJcasoQXhy9xHG6wQAuVMpEQsb4_xR0OpSGfZEXEbeYHiiSp_8pffGL86-8p6I4JVrnXZuOpqvRRnFbiP07LiEsmiU4TSH_jhuK3c-Fcv6baKknIub9rmztC8KuEL8d2JK4cHWQTJPno49c8am4msI28SciQscSeJwvBqmCCXtWlMvgZ9y212_NBG2XwxG3qrgoIBa01ngSCKMWivub_DhTiS0Z1gYZmhVhA825WQxSk0ufvv2fPsXUauLQp3Avb8kLtH5-ybTtfdC5hlDVTinUruNQrwlhmoqfqoOe3M77CDPYpwMQ4mDmRL7VlmieGRObE9BSCscxw4aDZc7W5OTEl4gp09oRtb45dk0LM8CouG98gYAQwwevB5X8cTs4AzakLmBG_1f=w1430-h533-no

Nice edit David and thank you :)

I can't doubt they are attractive people, but I am not sure about sneaking the shots its not something I would do, so I will leave it there

Thank you Allan, the joy of taking a photo of anyone without them knowing is great :)

A good set there David.
I have to agree with Jill, as posted, #1 isn't the best shot, the lighting isn't as good as #2, but I can see why you went with it, the background works nicely, it could also be a posed shot.

A good set there David.
I have to agree with Jill, as posted, #1 isn't the best shot, the lighting isn't as good as #2, but I can see why you went with it, the background works nicely, it could also be a posed shot.

Thanks Tim, I totally forgot to lighten her face up, she was posing for her boyfriend who was snapping her with his mobile, so I thought why not snap too :)

I like picture of birds in flight not so sure of the underexposed part of this as they just look dull maybe a silhouette of the gulls would be the way to go

I like picture of birds in flight not so sure of the underexposed part of this as they just look dull maybe a silhouette of the gulls would be the way to go

Thanks Allan, if you Google Underexposed birds in flight shots show some just like above, more so the gull in Google :)

Seagulls are Satan's flying rats from hell! :runaway: Could not of picked a better subject for Dark malevolent forces. It is eyeing you up for another day I tell you :help: Calm down Roger............:coat:

Anyway like the shot, could be straight out of Hitchcock's The Birds, I might of been inclined to use a film type filter to get a 60s effect. I like the underexposure it brings out the rear feathers which look like a biblical fallen angels wings!

PS, I like birds and birds shots, its just seagulls that bring out the lunatic in me!

Seagulls are Satan's flying rats from hell! :runaway: Could not of picked a better subject for Dark malevolent forces. It is eyeing you up for another day I tell you :help: Calm down Roger............:coat:

Anyway like the shot, could be straight out of Hitchcock's The Birds, I might of been inclined to use a film type filter to get a 60s effect. I like the underexposure it brings out the rear feathers which look like a biblical fallen angels wings!

PS, I like birds and birds shots, its just seagulls that bring out the lunatic in me!

Thank you Roger, like you I think they are evil things and are bad in Brighton and Hove for swooping to steal food right out of your hands :eek::mad:

I'm not sure the pictures gain from being underexposed... Nice and sharp though.

Whilst inclined to agree with @Allan.H .... I see where you're going here, and I somehow think #2 is better for the theme, and the more unusual of the two.

I also like the way you have caught the head to the side in #1 which gives it an interesting look. My initial thought was that it was underexposed so if that's what your going for I would say you acheived it :)

Whilst inclined to agree with @Allan.H .... I see where you're going here, and I somehow think #2 is better for the theme, and the more unusual of the two.

I also like the way you have caught the head to the side in #1 which gives it an interesting look. My initial thought was that it was underexposed so if that's what your going for I would say you acheived it :)

Thank you David and Steve :)

Back