weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Looks like you achieved your goal David so well done (y)

That's a quirky expression on the birds face in the first one Dave, I love the way the bird looks so weightless gliding through the sky in the second one, I like that a lot.

Thank Jill/Susie for the nice words and looking :)

Well spotted on the hairy reshoot, very nice take on the theme.

Power, I like the characters in the second shot but I find the big white board at the back a bit distracting so I'd go for the first, it's a good idea for the theme, I've got a shed full of power tools and it never occurred to me.

Well spotted on the hairy reshoot, very nice take on the theme.

Power, I like the characters in the second shot but I find the big white board at the back a bit distracting so I'd go for the first, it's a good idea for the theme, I've got a shed full of power tools and it never occurred to me.

Thank you Chris, and same here too on having power tools, it is a shame on the white BG as I thought it was a bit distracting.

I like the "hairy" reshoot good connection with you and the subject, as for "power" either of them work in their own way both fitting for the theme

Hi Dave,
Hairy - Spot on :)
Power - I pondered power tools, but I think I'm going with something else.
it would have been nice to have been around the other side for the first one, but I guess that wasn't possible.

I like the "hairy" reshoot good connection with you and the subject, as for "power" either of them work in their own way both fitting for the theme

Thank you Allan for the words :)

Hi Dave,
Hairy - Spot on :)
Power - I pondered power tools, but I think I'm going with something else.
it would have been nice to have been around the other side for the first one, but I guess that wasn't possible.

Thank you Tim, must admit I did not think about a better angle :banghead:

That is an impressive beard! Well spotted and nice street portrait.
I prefer #2 for power. I like the interaction and the concentrated look on their faces.

Yep that is a cool hairy shot Dave, I like that he saw you at there is a tad of eye contact, adds a lot for me :)

Power - Liking both of them, action wise the second works better for me, but I prefer one due to the tool in use and the dripping water :)

That is an impressive beard! Well spotted and nice street portrait.
I prefer #2 for power. I like the interaction and the concentrated look on their faces.

Thank you Bernd, glad you like them :)

Yep that is a cool hairy shot Dave, I like that he saw you at there is a tad of eye contact, adds a lot for me :)

Power - Liking both of them, action wise the second works better for me, but I prefer one due to the tool in use and the dripping water :)

Thanks Dean, I did try to get a shot of a jet ski, but had the wrong lens on for the shot :)

I like Hairy a lot ... tight crop but it works. Good detail.(y)

Power ... #1 is altogether more interesting.

Attractive, the B&W really stands out of all the street/candid shots.

Dark, it's definitely got it's eye on you in the first

Hairy, It looks like ZZTop has gone classical

Power, another good candid with the second one.

(y)

Love his face expression in Hairy reshot. A very hairy beard.

I find the second of the two Power shots more interesting. Well spotted.

Attractive, the B&W really stands out of all the street/candid shots.

Dark, it's definitely got it's eye on you in the first

Hairy, It looks like ZZTop has gone classical

Power, another good candid with the second one.

(y)

Love the hairy shot - great eye contact and I like the way his hoodie matches his music cover too :D

Thank you folks for looking and the nice words :)

Hahaaaa better twice than not at all :D

Liking both of them David, the iPhone shot is cool, very nice composition, and the moon sits very nicely in that lovely black sky :)

Thank you Dean, once I saw the moon last night it was a quick shot, shame I did not have the 150-600mm on though, glad this one is now ticked off as weather is not good for an above shot.

@sirch Thanks Chris, it was more a rush shot, as I did not want to get behind. Just to let you know too, you put your comment it the photos only thread :D

Last edited:
@Cobra Hi mate could you delete the last two photos please, as the post went up twice :eek:
No worries (y)

edit, of course I could now be very mischievous and delete the last two images ad infinitum :D

Last edited:
Think the moon is the stronger shot of the two, good detail on the surface. I like the more muted look to the picture.

Thank you Steve for looking and the comment :)

No worries (y)

edit, of course I could now be very mischievous and delete the last two images ad infinitum :D

Lol, cheers for helping out Chris :)

I like the moon dark and spooky and above.:)

Thank you too Shirley, I do like a moon shot, that`s when I have the sigma C lens on though :)

As I might have psoted elsewhere :whistle: for me the moon could prehaps stand to be a bit brighter for my monitor at least, it feels a little lost, but then may be that is what you were going for.

As I might have psoted elsewhere :whistle: for me the moon could prehaps stand to be a bit brighter for my monitor at least, it feels a little lost, but then may be that is what you were going for.

Thank you Chris for the words, the moon looked just like the shot last night :)

The moon shot works for me, bang on theme couldn't be more above if it tried

Thank you Allan, glad I spotted the moon when I was closing the window :)

Above moon is a beauty, I like the colour and the shadow. Perfectly cropped to position the moon off centre up and to the left. Only a little thing but it makes the difference.

Love hairy's beard and the colour scheme, lovely popping pink.

Attractive :D

2 good shots, nice crescent moon and just enough space for it. I hope he caught you catching him.

(y)

Above moon is a beauty, I like the colour and the shadow. Perfectly cropped to position the moon off centre up and to the left. Only a little thing but it makes the difference.

Love hairy's beard and the colour scheme, lovely popping pink.

Attractive :D

Thank you for the nice words Dom, glad you like them :)

2 good shots, nice crescent moon and just enough space for it. I hope he caught you catching him.

(y)

Thank you too Foggy, I think he was in a world of his own :)

My first visit here since week 0 so a lot of images to catch up on! I like both of your images for Order; the first one of the lenses was a great idea and I wish I'd thought of it, but the second one with the colours is excellent, so bold and bright. Other favourites so far are the lightbulb, which must have taken time to capture those tiny details so well, the stoat image for Routine - I love the way it's looking straight at you - your ideas for Number(s) are great and I really like the cow with the ear tag, and finally your Hairy reshoot is really excellent. So much character in his expression and a really impressive beard, made perfect by the way he's looking at you :clap:

I've enjoyed your thread and am looking forward to seeing more of your images during the year. Thanks too for commenting and encouraging during my recent catch-up (y)

My first visit here since week 0 so a lot of images to catch up on! I like both of your images for Order; the first one of the lenses was a great idea and I wish I'd thought of it, but the second one with the colours is excellent, so bold and bright. Other favourites so far are the lightbulb, which must have taken time to capture those tiny details so well, the stoat image for Routine - I love the way it's looking straight at you - your ideas for Number(s) are great and I really like the cow with the ear tag, and finally your Hairy reshoot is really excellent. So much character in his expression and a really impressive beard, made perfect by the way he's looking at you :clap:

I've enjoyed your thread and am looking forward to seeing more of your images during the year. Thanks too for commenting and encouraging during my recent catch-up (y)

Thank you for the lovely words Andrea, and for looking :)

Don't know much about moon shots, I know some do it on a regular basis, but looks good to me and of course perfect for the theme.

Back