weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Major catch up just for a change:rolleyes:

Mouth... Love the Dog on the steps! Looks like he's laughing like Joker (or is that at Joker) ;). Nice exposure, DOF working well here! :ROFLMAO:theme like mouth that Cobra was not the only one submitting 'Gob Shots':LOL::LOL:

Close up .... Cracking colour! and spot on focus in the centre, love the specks of pollen on the petals(y) Cant be more on theme than that...

Machine.... That's a really useful machine(y) I like the sharp focus on the cup! could do with a shot of that right now;). I think you did a good job of the lighting with all those reflective surfaces around.

Re-Shoot Close up... Can almost smell those beans, nice lighting again and pin sharp, not sure which I like best this or the flower...

Crowds... tactfully shoe horned;), I can see why you took the shot lovely clouds, wonder why there's always a wingtip in these shots (apart for the fact your on a plane of course).:whistle: Thinking about it, better change that to Main plane tip cos aircraft don't have wings.

Alphabet.... Love the Nerd and Geek bracelets, Probably fits the theme only too well as this forum is full of Nerdy, Geeky Togs! Present company accepted of course;)

Sound... That's cool, excellent lighting (Any flash / Indoor lighting I find a nightmare) there's really only one little reflection and that's on the edge of the focus so not really that noticeable Nice shot, I like it(y)

Experiment... Well shot, you certainly achieved your aim, dark and gritty! Like the lighting few odd reflections but think that adds to the believability of the image in a way. Nice shadow darks and lights. Gives a great impact.

Heat.... Lovely texture in the wood and the charred section, The torch giving the wood some encouragement to burn! Nothing like a bonfire(y) Fits the theme!

Figures .... Well you weren't that far out with that focus I had to look hard to spot it! I think the subtle colour of the boards set it out well

Household .... Think you must have had a gut full of that lately if your moving house:eek:. Great idea, Pin sharp DOF on this one. Cleverly fits the theme(y)

Limit... Really like this, for TP52 you need the Limit in but id have it out for the landscape after. Nice cloud, lights a bit flat but still a great shot. I think the exposure is pretty even across the frame including the limit sign, so although prominent, I feel it has to be in the context of the theme. Love the reflection of the sails in the water. Thinking what a great place to shoot dawn and dusk(y)

Reshoot Alphabbaaatt .... Ummm looks like another Photoshop moment up the sheep's Arsageddon :LOL: Oh and is that a reefer the sheep is smoking or just grass:exit:

Reshoot Machine... This is great, I really like these abandon machines, surprised this ones still got the Reg plate on it too. nice exposure.

Bizarre.... Guess its better than sheep's eyes :D Creepy and Bizarre! But the really good thing about this is you could be looking through the viewfinder and looking at the LCD screen on your camera at the same time(y)

Phew that'll teach me to make sure I comment on the ceremonial holder of the spread sheets posts more regularly!
Haaa Ha thanks Steve... no worries on the catch up, none of can comment on all, all of the time - Really appreciate the HUGE catch up (y)

That's me not sleeping well tonight!

That's truly horrible, but it works. It's bizarre enough, nice lighting, and the pp'd bit looks pretty neat to me.
YAY... Glad I have pleased everybody with this one :LOL:

Thanks Brian :D

Right - this weeks theme/shot was taken at this weekends 'Lake District Meet' - what a fantastic weekend with a fantastic group of toggers, had such a great time and a weekend I will never forget...

So this weeks theme, pretty obvious and straightforward no explanation required I don't think.... I tried to get as an acute angle as possible, which I hope to think has worked for the image, BUT I wish I had angled it just a little bit more so the fence in the water was more obvious... still happy with it though

Here we have Wk 22 - 'Broken' gate

Wk 22 - Broken by TP DK, on Flickr

Works for me. Bright, nice detail and lovely colours.

I remember you taking the photograph :)

I can't really crit on this one as I was there and it was wonderful.....and I'm not there now :(

Cheers.

Works for me. Bright, nice detail and lovely colours.

I remember you taking the photograph :)

I can't really crit on this one as I was there and it was wonderful.....and I'm not there now :(

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

I know what you mean... reality soon returns with a MIGHTY BUMP on the Monday doesn't it :arghh:

DK,
Limit - I see what you did there, but I'm afraid that the sign isn't prominent enough for me for this to truely be on subject. Nice photo though.
Re-shoot - Machine. Looks like a prospect for "Broken" too. processing seems fine to me.
Bizarre - Urgh, I'm not commenting as I refuse to look at it ;)

Always like these rustic shots! Great texture in the stone in the wall. Like the diagonal of the wall leading down to the water. Nice and bright love the rusty colours in the gate. Only comment wonder if you could have picked up the end of the tree branches if you were at a more obtuse angle? Only thinking out loud:rolleyes:

Hi DK,

I do like your broken shot - fits the them well and the light's great. It's years since I was at the lake district - I must go back there some time :)

Some really good rural shots DK. I particularly like Limit and "Ewe" :)p)
The less said about Bizarre, the better!

did you break it :eek:

lovely shot and even better that it brings back memories :D

Broken: certainly looks better on my computer than it did on my kindle colours far too muted on there. Looks like it may have been broken a while

...... really like this image DK ... with leading lines and all that

but mostly it's the way you've isolated that rusty old iron from that amazing old stonework. (y)

Very nice, I like it. Good focusing and angle. Can't fault it I'll be happy with that.
Cool - Thanks Stan :)

DK,
Limit - I see what you did there, but I'm afraid that the sign isn't prominent enough for me for this to truely be on subject. Nice photo though.
No worries tim, Thanks for the honest crit :)
Re-shoot - Machine. Looks like a prospect for "Broken" too. processing seems fine to me.
Bizarre - Urgh, I'm not commenting as I refuse to look at it ;)
Haaa ha :D

Always like these rustic shots! Great texture in the stone in the wall. Like the diagonal of the wall leading down to the water. Nice and bright love the rusty colours in the gate. Only comment wonder if you could have picked up the end of the tree branches if you were at a more obtuse angle? Only thinking out loud:rolleyes:
Ahhhh good thinking Steve... actually from memory not sure if I had the ends in the shot, i'll have a looksy :)

Hey Lorraine :)

I do like your broken shot - fits the them well and the light's great. It's years since I was at the lake district - I must go back there some time :)
Thanks a lot... and YES you must, a great place for a wide angle lens :)

Some really good rural shots DK. I particularly like Limit and "Ewe" :)p)
The less said about Bizarre, the better!
YAY !!! thanks :D

Really like Broken, nice composition and detail. Wonder what it would look like in sepia :thinking:
Have no idea :D

Thanks Jill :)

did you break it :eek:

lovely shot and even better that it brings back memories :D
Really !!! Do share Summer :)

Broken: certainly looks better on my computer than it did on my kindle colours far too muted on there. Looks like it may have been broken a while
It sure did... thanks Mandy :)

...... really like this image DK ... with leading lines and all that

but mostly it's the way you've isolated that rusty old iron from that amazing old stonework. (y)
Thanks David, thanks a lot :)

Right... would you believe it... caTCH UP AGAIN :D

Well I did say at the start of the year that this is how this year was going to be, and I haven't been wrong so far... so onto themes

Spiral - Thought I would post a couple of options, neither of them special that's for sure, but they are certainly on theme, so at the moment that is enough for me :)

A colourful modern staircase

Wk 24 - Spiral by TP DK, on Flickr

And B&W of an old hand turned balustrade

Wk 24 - Spiral 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Thanks for visiting :)

Annnnnnd onto the next -

Again a simple image, i'm liking the leaves against the sky with a light hint of red coming through... not sure if that stops it from being a true silhouette, but I prefer the image with a tad of colour in the leaves :)

Wk 25 - Silhouette

Wk 25 - Silhouette by TP DK, on Flickr

Hi. Beautiful staircase, love the woodgrain. Spiral is implied, not obvious, in that particular image and that works well for me. The spiral spindles in the other image is quite the reverse. On balance, I prefer the smooth contours, texture and suggested spiral of the first.

Ooops. Silhouette appeared just as I posted my comment. I'm assuming a high f-stop to have generated a starburst effect (?!?) - makes the image for me.

Spiral #1 is an affective image ... nice POV with the lowest step level ... plus the clean BG. (y)

Silhouette's nice with colour on the leaves and that starburst is too good to be true. ;)

Hi. Beautiful staircase, love the woodgrain. Spiral is implied, not obvious, in that particular image and that works well for me. The spiral spindles in the other image is quite the reverse. On balance, I prefer the smooth contours, texture and suggested spiral of the first.
Cheers Carl :)

Ooops. Silhouette appeared just as I posted my comment. I'm assuming a high f-stop to have generated a starburst effect (?!?) - makes the image for me.
Yep it is high f-stop... and it is 100% genuine :)

I love the staricase Spiral shot DK.
Nice and sharp and such an unusual angle.
Thank You Tim :)

Spiral #1 is an affective image ... nice POV with the lowest step level ... plus the clean BG. (y)
Cheers David :)

Silhouette's nice with colour on the leaves and that starburst is too good to be true. ;)
Ha Haaaa thank again mate :) - BUT it is genuine, nothing artificial about it at all, just lots of moving about to get the sun coming through just right :)

Nicely done, good to see something a little bit different for a change.
Thank Brian (y)

And onto the next batch of catch ups, firstly we have some animals, a few to choose from as the break in the rain had me getting carried away chasing insects :D

Firstly - our cat Oscar... I must say he wasn't keen on the speedlight in his face :D

Wk 26 - ANIMAL

Wk 26 - Animal 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

And here are a FEW bugs - a couple more shots on Flickr :whistle:

Wk 26 - Animal 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 26 - Animal 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 26 - Animal 4 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 26 - Animal 7 by TP DK, on Flickr

Right - a tough theme this... so here is my effort, this week I have actually used Photoshop for the first time this year I think :D

Wk 29 - An old Chinese 'Proverb'

as always... best viewed LARGE on flickr :)

Wk 28 - Proverb by TP DK, on Flickr

Groovy hovverfly shots Deano. (y)

Proverb:
Nice composition with balance and space, easy on the eye. I really like the bold complimentary colours in the leaves and the cherries as well but I'm finding the scabby brown bits at the end of the stalks (where they join the tree) a bit off putting. I know that's how they look in real life, so perhaps I would have had to go for a tighter crop, but that's just me and my OCD. Lovely, lovely, lovely, SUPERB Bokeh (y)

Regarding the text... I think the font suits the message and I like the two sizes to emphasise the message, but :thinking: I'm not sure what your intentions were so I will just flag up that there is possibly some suspect capitalisation and leave it at that.

PS. Last look, I think I would clone out the third cherry behind the leaf.

Love the cat shot Dean (y)

Cracking detail in the cat, nice piercing eyes. I'd like a little more detail in its forehead, maybe??

Bug #3 is a belter, nice movement in the wings.

Proverb, a very fresh, sharp and colourful photograph. Great bokeh as well.

I love cherries :)

Cheers.

Groovy hovverfly shots Deano. (y)
Cheers Brian :)

Proverb:
Nice composition with balance and space, easy on the eye. I really like the bold complimentary colours in the leaves and the cherries as well but I'm finding the scabby brown bits at the end of the stalks (where they join the tree) a bit off putting. I know that's how they look in real life, so perhaps I would have had to go for a tighter crop, but that's just me and my OCD. Lovely, lovely, lovely, SUPERB Bokeh (y)
Thanks mate... hmmmmm didn't notice the dark stalks that much, I did clone some nice stalk over the top of a dark bit though :D

Regarding the text... I think the font suits the message and I like the two sizes to emphasise the message, but :thinking: I'm not sure what your intentions were so I will just flag up that there is possibly some suspect capitalisation and leave it at that.
Oh dear... I was tired lol :LOL:

PS. Last look, I think I would clone out the third cherry behind the leaf.
Oi you... Well, to be honest I did try in LR but gave up, I though to myself nobody will spot that... forgot you had come back in :whistle:

Cheers for the honest crit mate (y)

Love the cat shot Dean (y)
Cheers Chris :)

Cracking detail in the cat, nice piercing eyes. I'd like a little more detail in its forehead, maybe??
You may laugh but the poor lad is going a bit grey so I upped the blacks a lot :D

Bug #3 is a belter, nice movement in the wings.
Cheers Andy :) I was wondering if people would spot the wing blur, I really liked that about it too

Proverb, a very fresh, sharp and colourful photograph. Great bokeh as well.
Cheers buddy - Good ole 24-70 :)

I love cherries :)
Cool :D

Bottoms up :beer:

Last edited:
Animal: Poor Oscar with the speedlite; great close up but love bug #2 sitting on the leaf edged with dew drops - a cracking image :clap:. I like the sentiment and the image for Proverb - the glossy sheen on the fruit is superb - colourful too.

Animal: Poor Oscar with the speedlite; great close up but love bug #2 sitting on the leaf edged with dew drops - a cracking image :clap:.
Thanks Carl :)

There were a few as you can tell that I was happy with, all for different reasons, the second was certainly the dew, I also liked the curve in the leaf coming into focus :)

I like the sentiment and the image for Proverb - the glossy sheen on the fruit is superb - colourful too.
Thanks again Carl :)

Hi DK, this seems to have passed me by sorry Hard to choose one from animal I like the cat, though I bet he comes nowhere near you again after firing a flash in his face :wideyed:
you have captured the hover flies really well, impossible to choose one out of them :clap:
Great reds and greens in proverb I hadn't noticed the cherry behind the leaf till it was pointed out to me, but still a nice pic (y)

some amazing close-up / macro shots. (y)

really loving the cherries ... shiny under-ripe colouring and that white bokeh really compliments it. Perfect crop ... not sure about the text positioning, size, colour, font though.

Hi DK, this seems to have passed me by sorry
No worries mate :)

Hard to choose one from animal I like the cat, though I bet he comes nowhere near you again after firing a flash in his face :wideyed:
Ha Haaaa bless him, he still loves me :D
you have captured the hover flies really well, impossible to choose one out of them :clap:
Cheers again Allan :)
Great reds and greens in proverb I hadn't noticed the cherry behind the leaf till it was pointed out to me, but still a nice pic (y)
Annnnd thank you again.... despite the pesky third cherry trying to ruin it :D

some amazing close-up / macro shots. (y)
Than You David :)

really loving the cherries ... shiny under-ripe colouring and that white bokeh really compliments it. Perfect crop ...[/quote]Thanks again David :)

not sure about the text positioning, size, colour, font though.
Me neither mate me neither :LOL:

Right... not wanting to get behind too far EVER AGAIN (well for a week or two at least :() I have been away for a couple of days and been looking out for and old pale/bucket at a couple of national trust properties we visited whilst away... did I find one, did I buggery :bat:

Soooo I resorted to pictures from the grounds, unfortunately yet again this came back to bugs and flowers, and with me wanting to go 'light' whilst walking for the day with Mrs DK I chose 1 lens each day, and what a mistake that was, as wanting a bucket/Pale I took out my 24/70 and shooting bugs with that did not work as well as expected... so deleted them too :)

Soooo down to last chance saloon I took my 100mm macro but lighting was poor and the bugs were not playing other than bees... I wanted butterflies, dragon flies or ANYTHING sat on a pale flower... so here is the results of my efforts for the theme... Yep you guessed it, not a sausage, so I decided to go with the total opposite, a bright flower, not even an exciting flower, but an unusual one for me... this theme is defo up for a re-shoot week for me, but as I say I don't want to get behind so Post and Be Damned time :)

Wk 29 - 'Pale' not here it isn't...

Wk 29 - PALE - not here it isn't by TP DK, on Flickr

A+ for effort. Besides, don't see the problem - you could argue that the main flower is a sorta .... um ..... whiter shade of Pale?

A+ for effort. Besides, don't see the problem - you could argue that the main flower is a sorta .... um ..... whiter shade of Pale?
Thanks Carl... I will take that get out of jail free card... I agree part of the flower is Pale compared to other parts :D

I like this, has colour as well as the pale flower, what is this flower ? Looks kinda crazy
Thanks Sam... to be honest I have not got a clue what it is :)

A Passion flower (passiflora) Wow great! - Some childhood memories for me there Dean, my mum used to grow these, she told me they depicted the Christian story of the three loaves and five fishes feeding the multitude... (count the sticky out bits)

Bloody rubbish for the theme though! :rolleyes: Never mind, that's you up to date then. :p

Anyway: you have done a good job DK, lots of colour and just enough in focus, I am not a fan of the very off centre main subject especially as it looks to me like a step to the right (oh god it's the time warp lyrics!) might have closed that empty area to the left, but your image your crop of course. I bet this wasn't easy with the blustery conditions we've had this week?

Back