weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

That's a beauty Dean - you've caught the iridescence perfectly. I love both your poppy shots too, but I think the first edges it for me. I prefer the position of the poppy head and the skyline adds to the sense of space and loneness (I don't think that's a word!) for me.

Now then, this week I thought that the slippery snake had dealt us with a real pig of a theme, but on reflection I decided that it could be twisted to work wasn't quite so bad :)

I must try harder I must try harder I must try ... :p

Very nice Dean, well captured :)

Nowt wrong with that at all Dean, great iridescent colour, spot on focus and a good background
Thank you Chris :)

And iridescent, what a great word (y)

Thats a nicely taken flying fauna thing DK
Hahaaaaa Thanks Clive, yes a still flying thing :D

Liking that one Dean lovely details and colours. And you got a catch light too :)
Yay that I did, and yes it is not added PP either... thanks David :)

That's a beaut Dean - beautiful colour and detail ... especially those hairy legs !!!
How did you know I had my shorts on yesterday :thinking:

Lovely pic Dean. I know how hard they are to capture well (never managed it yet :() and the focus is spot on. Love that iridescence too :clap:
And there is that word again - Thank you Jill :) :)

An excellent attempt, I feel your frustration, the little sh1ts move very quickly, I think you are right about the composition it feels a little tight in the frame for me

doesn't take away that is an excellent shot of a whatever it is, great colour and detail :clap:
Cheers Alan - that they are little darting buggers, especially around my pond, they hate stopping still for a moment normally !!!

I wish I could combine the nicer compositions with the close up detail, but hey we get what we get :)

That's a beauty Dean - you've caught the iridescence perfectly.
Thank you Em :)

I love both your poppy shots too, but I think the first edges it for me. I prefer the position of the poppy head and the skyline adds to the sense of space and loneness (I don't think that's a word!) for me.
Thanks again Emma... and Loneness works for me :D

I must try harder I must try harder I must try ... :p
What you try... I thought it just came naturally :whistle:

Very nice Dean, well captured :)
Cheers mate :)

Hi Dean, quite like the dragon fly (if that's what it is ?) the detail is spot on, they always take to the air when I get close ! The spot of light in the eye and the green iridescence ! Wow

Right... this weeks theme

Was busy this weekend so didn't get my camera out, although I did catch up on the forum a bit, I decided I would do an evening shot, so this week luckily enough I had a request to go out for a couple of hours (and advise lol) with a long time friend Sarah for some long exposure beach shots down the road, I'm really please with what I got, we didn't get the sunset we were hoping for, but I did manage to have a play again with different exposure lengths until it was practically dark... the night ended when the heavens opened and we had to rush back up the beach soaking wet :D

Anyway, a few here, I like them all for different reasons, as usual when I show more than one, I'm not expecting comments on them all, choose your fav maybe - Thanks :)

This is my shot for the week as I (and Mrs DK) feel; it says 'Static' more due to the lack of anything else happening in the shot.

Week 31 - Static

Wk 32 - Static by TP DK, on Flickr

This next two I like because of the combination of timbers, silky water and moody sky...

Static 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Static 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

And this last one, a long exposure where I and the tri-pod got hit by a wave, of course on purpose I would post a shot that was by accident :whistle:

Static - Not quite so by TP DK, on Flickr

Reactions: WMD
for me its a cross between the first and the last, the detail in the first is excellent but the lack of any detail in the sky or sea doesn't work it looks like a cut and paste job,

the BG in the last one i think would work better with the first one but i also like the deliberate :ROFLMAO: movement in it

hope thats cleared it up for you :thinking:

Hi Dean. Hmmm! I like them in the order you have posted. The more conventional take of #2 with those bold timbers set against that lovely misty water is wonderful but #1 edges it because the colour of the lichen, bolts etc. seemingly protruding from cloud-like mist gives it a spectral feel. (y)

#2 for me, love the contrast of the dark wood against the dramatic sky.

I love the woodwork of the first, but wish it had the sea of the last.
The two colour ones are lovely though. :)

Static enough for me Dean
And the slightly less saturated #3 for me (y)

for me its a cross between the first and the last, the detail in the first is excellent but the lack of any detail in the sky or sea doesn't work it looks like a cut and paste job,

the BG in the last one i think would work better with the first one but i also like the deliberate :ROFLMAO: movement in it

hope thats cleared it up for you :thinking:
Not at all :LOL:

Thanks really Allan, I see what you are saying :)

Hi Dean. Hmmm! I like them in the order you have posted. The more conventional take of #2 with those bold timbers set against that lovely misty water is wonderful but #1 edges it because the colour of the lichen, bolts etc. seemingly protruding from cloud-like mist gives it a spectral feel. (y)
Thank you Carl, just how I feel about them, I like the misty bottoms of the first one and them greens :)

'ello, it' #4 for me. Has a very eerie feel to it and I do like my beach furniture.
Cheers Andy :)

(we need to get a meet organised :))

Cheers.
Hell YES !!!

Hi DK ...I love #2 and #3 I could live with those two on my wall very happily
Wow... thank you Susie :)

I really must try a long exposure...I'll see what next weeks topic is and hopefully have a go.
You really must, it does take a long time (Obviously) but is very rewarding... hope to see one from you this week then :)

I love the woodwork of the first, but wish it had the sea of the last.
Me too Ruth :D
The two colour ones are lovely though. :)
Thank you Ruth :)

Static enough for me Dean
And the slightly less saturated #3 for me (y)
Can't beat a bit of Saturation :D

Thanks Chris

And here is mine for this week, at first I thought it may be NSFW but on reflection it's not really revealing anything at all (Well that's my thoughts any way) I had a bit of a play about with off camera flash, I didn't get the exact lighting I wanted but near enough, for me too much shadow on her back, but hey, tried loads of ways and it was hard to get highlights or full on to lose shadows, this was the best compromise, the things I did get that I wanted were some the outline highlights and some detail in the rope :)

Thoughts now edited, I think I should have got a second Speedlight out, so a challenge for another day I think :)

THANKS for looking

Wk 33 - Game by TP DK, on Flickr

Damn it! they are all at it! What exciting lives the 52'ers lead eh?
:D

Very nice Dean, the low key works well IMO.

Blimey! This week's theme is bringing out the lascivious side in some folk! :eek:
I should have put a grey tie on Eggbert and given him a whip!

Excellent image Dean, very much in the "less is more" vein.

Blimey! This week's theme is bringing out the lascivious side in some folk! :eek:
I should have put a grey tie on Eggbert and given him a whip!
Ha Haaaa I think you should have Ruth :D

Excellent image Dean, very much in the "less is more" vein.
Thank you Ruth, that sums it up for me :)

:coat:

I'll have a look later in week....looks very good on first viewing.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy :)

Hope you are having a good break !!

Static#2 for me Dean. Definitely one for the wall.

Game, what can I say, great minds and all that but your's I think is better. Love that less is more effect, very sensual (y)

Damn it! they are all at it! What exciting lives the 52'ers lead eh?
:D

Nah, we just suffer for our artistic integrity :p. After all I finally had to untie him :whistle: :angelic:

Great low key photo and great lighting. And B&W works well too.

But what are you all up to in you spare time :cautious:

Now that is a terrific shot Dean. I particularly like the shadows cast in and around the shoulder blades which accentuates the soft gentle contours of the body and equally, the nice highlight on the rope. Brilliant.

Back