Em's 52 for 2017 - You added

It's the first one for me, such bright colours against the mud. I'm not sure about the tilt, but that's just me.

Weather has truly rubbish of latem and loads of Summer shows/fests ahve turned into mudbaths like this Em.

I actually prefer the comp of the 2nd shot though.

It's the first one for me, such bright colours against the mud. I'm not sure about the tilt, but that's just me.
I'd like to say it was intentional Dominic...:whistle: Thank you for the kind words.

Weather has truly rubbish of latem and loads of Summer shows/fests ahve turned into mudbaths like this Em.

I actually prefer the comp of the 2nd shot though.
Thanks Mark - it was all good fun anyway :)

Oooo look at all that lovely mud !!! - I really like the wagon looking truck, I don't think you could of found a better vehicle on site that could stand out so well (y)
Cheers Dean - lots of these were lit up with fairy lights at night - very cute :)

Very apt for British summer time festivals and British weather.
Definitely Stan - we watched a battle re-enactment in the pouring rain this week too :rolleyes:

The first of my son offering a piece of sage advice on riding a bike without stabilisers to a young friend.

Week 31 'Piece' 1 by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

The second taken at the Loxwood Joust - a medieval festival. So many dedicated people made it a delight to walk around the village area - you really felt you had gone back in time. This girl was engrossed in a traditional board game with simple pieces.

Week 31 'Piece' 2 by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

Two good takes on the theme, the first is probably the pick for me, perhaps a tad central in composition, but the earnest faces really make the shot. The second is well timed for the finger about to move the piece but I find the position of her lips a bit distracting.

All in focus and very interesting.
Thanks Shirley (y)

Two good takes on the theme, the first is probably the pick for me, perhaps a tad central in composition, but the earnest faces really make the shot. The second is well timed for the finger about to move the piece but I find the position of her lips a bit distracting.
Thanks Chris - I tried a few different compositions on the first, but it seemed to make one or other of the boys the subject, where I saw it as a more balanced thing. I see what you mean about the girl - she was perhaps explaining the game to someone else watching.

Two very nice shots and on theme, my pic is the young lady playing the board game :)
Cheers David :)

Both very good, I do like the first one a captivating image :clap:
Thanks Allan - I do really like the expression on the young boy's face.

Two great candid images, at least I think they are! Loving #1, with the two side profiles good & sharp and yes definitely a story there.

Hi Emma,

Agriculture - Storm threatening the harvest... Works well, I like the dark sky contrasting with the ripe wheat (?)
Graceful - I'm going to pick the raindrops shot. I loved zooming in and looking at the reflections in the droplets.
Fruit - Extremely shallow DoF, but given their size, I guess it was always going to be shallow. Well captured, and good use of the red/green complementary colours.
Vehicle - #1. Great colours and splendid detail. it says both "fun" and "I'd hate to be there" in one shot.
Piece - I'm torn here. You can really see the story in #1, but I think #2 edges it. Not sure why, perhaps the look of concentration on her face?

Lovely eye contact and muted tones. They look like they get on well.....most of the time :)

Cheers.
That just about sums it up - thanks Andy!

I like them both Emma, but the one of your son is excellent, smashing intense expression on the little boys face, you've really captured the moment ...it looks very unstaged.
Thank you Susie - there's no staging photos with my son if you don't want a silly face!

Hi Emma,

Agriculture - Storm threatening the harvest... Works well, I like the dark sky contrasting with the ripe wheat (?)
Graceful - I'm going to pick the raindrops shot. I loved zooming in and looking at the reflections in the droplets.
Fruit - Extremely shallow DoF, but given their size, I guess it was always going to be shallow. Well captured, and good use of the red/green complementary colours.
Vehicle - #1. Great colours and splendid detail. it says both "fun" and "I'd hate to be there" in one shot.
Piece - I'm torn here. You can really see the story in #1, but I think #2 edges it. Not sure why, perhaps the look of concentration on her face?
Thank you so much Tim for commenting on so many shots. I'm glad you like the spider's web - I like that one too :) The festival was really fun, despite the mud, believe it or not!

I have been really scratching my head over the contrast theme, but had a wonderful afternoon at a local National trust heathland reserve this week and the colours of heather behind the butterflies and dragonflies were almost unreal, giving great contrast. I think!

Week 32 'contrast' by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

We also visited my lovely stepson Jason and his new kitten Chewie yesterday...so a re-shoot for attractive too. Or hairy. Or comfort....well he's such a cutie!!

Week 32 re-shoot - 'attractive' by Em's TP 52 2017, on Flickr

Last edited:
both very good the colours in the butterfly shot are superb and the position of the butterfly though not what you would expect works really well

what can you say about the kitten, to cute great light on his/her face

Love your macro work Em, you have a way of capturing lovely sof pastel colours in most of them.

Cat has lovely eyes, but I would have squared her up on the bed for ultimate choc box appeal.....

Another great butterfly shot and lovely background colour for contrast.
The kitten is just too perfect, very well done.

Contrast
Lovely dreamy look, with some great colours.
You seem to have a knack for photographing butterflies.
Who could resist a kitten?

Having a big catchup Emma and just love your work. Those lovely delicate butterflies are just beautiful as are the grain shots. I love the expression on the little boys face, he is just taking all that advice in bless him and that kitten is soo cute and very sharp too :D

Amazing macro with oof psychedelic bg ... fabulous.

and ... not really a cat person, but that is the cutest.

Love your macro work Em, you have a way of capturing lovely sof pastel colours in most of them.

Cat has lovely eyes, but I would have squared her up on the bed for ultimate choc box appeal.....
Thanks Mark - I see what you mean about the kitten, but I struggled to get more than a couple of shots in focus - he barely stayed still for a second! So this will have to do for now :)

Having a big catchup Emma and just love your work. Those lovely delicate butterflies are just beautiful as are the grain shots. I love the expression on the little boys face, he is just taking all that advice in bless him and that kitten is soo cute and very sharp too :D
Thanks so much for taking the time to catch up Georgina. Glad you liked some of the shots!

Amazing macro with oof psychedelic bg ... fabulous.

and ... not really a cat person, but that is the cutest.
Ah David...I'm so happy you used that word. I've posted a few of these heather & butterfly shots on Flickr and the general consensus seems to be pastel. But I definitely see psychedelic...maybe I'm not so far off the mark?!!

Hey Em :)

Now the colours on that butterfly image are stunning, the work so well together, such a good background for a delicate insect, really like that, would look great as a print (y)

Re-shoot - Damn what a cute kitten, what else is there to say :) :)
Thanks so much Dean - a couple of photogenic subjects made life easier this week :)

Back