weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

you may be getting that perception because its a dropped JPEG onto this page and not a direct embed from Flickr (?) Not sure (but, it also looks sharp to me on my screen on this page)
Interesting.... Could be my eyes ;)
If it's sharp on flickr, why not use the flickr bbcode to embed the shot, so we can clck through and view full size?
I know it's certainly something I do as the compression on the forum can compromise images sometimes.
It's also useful to be able to look at the exif :)

Interesting.... Could be my eyes ;)
If it's sharp on flickr, why not use the flickr bbcode to embed the shot, so we can clck through and view full size?
I know it's certainly something I do as the compression on the forum can compromise images sometimes.
It's also useful to be able to look at the exif :)

I'll probably use Flickr for the rest as i'm not a fan of the way that dropping an image direct to the page here limits options for the viewer, after using it for a bit.

Reactions: LC2
Thanks all for the critique. Shoehorn or not (and I am happy that if it is it's a smidge of one) it remains
Absolutely it should. its your challenge, and just wait till I really get into the swing of things :LOL:

I think the boat is a little bit lost, but overall I like the photo. The composition works really well, with the concrete jetty thingy coming in from the right, meeting the rock outcrop and make a nice triangle.

It really is a lovely image Jim, and the colours in the sky are super.(y)
I agree with what others have said in that you've cleverly used the edge of the concrete structure on the right as a leading line to wards the boat...nice!
I do also agree with others, that the boat is a little lost due to it's size in the frame...not that it detracts from what is an excellent, well planned image at all!
And the misty spray from the surface of the sea is captured very nicely - excellent!

It really is a lovely image Jim, and the colours in the sky are super.(y)
I agree with what others have said in that you've cleverly used the edge of the concrete structure on the right as a leading line to wards the boat...nice!
I do also agree with others, that the boat is a little lost due to it's size in the frame...not that it detracts from what is an excellent, well planned image at all!
And the misty spray from the surface of the sea is captured very nicely - excellent!

Thanks Gareth, much appreciated.

I agree it is a lovely image, but a shame for the theme that the tools are barely visible.

It is a lovely image I guessed it might be the boat that was the 'tool' I agree that it would have been good to of had it more prominent in the image. Neaver the less its still a cracking image.

Definitely a shoehorn as I couldn't find the "tool" when I first looked - but a nice one all the same.

A couple of shots for Discarded, from the beach today ...

Two nice shots Jim, my pic is the discarded fish bones.

Thanks Dave, I was torn between the two but I think I chose the barrel top as I found the waves interesting and I like the way the movement is frozen.

Both great images, the layers in the 1st image are interesting, not sure if it would benefit being taken further back to show more of the foreground.

The barrel top looks like it was used for something, so was truly discarded and I too like the waves, but the stark bones have it for me also Jim

Both great images, the layers in the 1st image are interesting, not sure if it would benefit being taken further back to show more of the foreground.

Thanks, the foreground is just more pebbles and I thought that might be less interesting than the sea/sky, but I get you point.

The barrel top looks like it was used for something, so was truly discarded and I too like the waves, but the stark bones have it for me also Jim

Thank you, I think the issue, for me, with the bones is that I should have maybe gone a bit less on aperture as I've got some of the bones in bokeh - i'd have preferred sharp bones all the way through (I find it hard to see that on the 3" screen on my camera).

Two top notch images there Jim!(y)
Your posted image is certainly the right choice, perfect fit for the theme.
For a brief second, I thought there was a whole barrel buried under the beach!!:LOL:
#2 is jolly nice too, and I like the tight crop.

Both great compositions and super sharp!

I think I agree with your choice. The seascape does balance out the shot.

Two top notch images there Jim!(y)
Your posted image is certainly the right choice, perfect fit for the theme.
For a brief second, I thought there was a whole barrel buried under the beach!!:LOL:
#2 is jolly nice too, and I like the tight crop.

Both great compositions and super sharp!

Thanks both, lovely comments.

Great. I like so much of the barrel pic. As well as the subject ,the pebbles, the surf and the landscape are well captured.

Great. I like so much of the barrel pic. As well as the subject ,the pebbles, the surf and the landscape are well captured.

Many thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Two on the mark images. I prefer the fishbones as well.. good crop and dof.

Great couple of shots, the sea discards so much rubbish on our beaches after a good blow and a high tide.

First one for me Jim another sign of the times we live in.
Blue thing for me Jim, I like the pebbles all in focus and the background wave.
Great couple of shots, the sea discards so much rubbish on our beaches after a good blow and a high tide.
Barrel for me too - the splash (!) of colour works very nicely, and the wave is very good.

Thanks all lovely comments. And I agree, there is so much 'stuff' on the beacjh after a good blow up, it's quite disappointing.

(y)Two great shots! I like the first photo, the wet pebbles, the breaking waves, the colours...

I like both the shots, I prefer the barrel top myself. :)

Week 5 - Snappers Choice

I went for a walk along a local canal yesterday, hoping for a decent sunset, unfortunately the sunset didn't come to anythig at all. But I did manage a few images of this disused lock, and keeper's cottage (the lock connected the ship canal with the river):

That`s a lovely image Jim and beautifully taken too, great colours throughout and love the rusty bits too.
Thanks Dave, much appreciated. It's a location I've been to before but, now my photography is a bit better I'll definitely be back. I think it has real promise if the tide/weather/cloud/golden hour is right (not much to ask really haha)

I love old stuff like this - a nice shot for sure Jim!

Back