weekly Gardenbirder's 52 for 2021

:)I like this very much ... excellent theme interpretation, well suited muted tones.

I love this. I think just the hint of colours in the sky work so well for this image. It’s like they are being blocked out by the clouds of smoke.

Lovely colours and a great capture to show what's being thrown into our atmosphere.
I agree a slight crop off the bottom might draw more attention to the chimneys, but not too much as it shows the environs nicely.

Been wondering what on earth to photograph this week when towards the end of our walk today, as we crossed Abbotshaugh Bridge, i spied this. It's a two-fer in terms of the theme and also part of growing number of randomly distributed positive messages hereabouts, which i think is a wonderful idea.

Rock (1 of 1).JPG

It's a nice one. Quite a few of these appearing in the woods round here.

Lovely colours works well :)

This monument to William Wallace dominates the Northern part of the Central Valley of Scotland. When the clouds are higher it is clearly visible from the bridges crossing the Forth River towards Falkirk and Clackmannan and indeed Edinburgh, It is built atop the knoll in which the Scots forces were kept hidden from the invading English army until they fell upon them, routing them. It's privately owned so we've not been in and up as yet, one day maybe when it's not outside our local zone and we're free to explore this ancient landscape again.

Tall 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Nice one. I've seen it from afar but not close up.

Strange building, well-photographed. Some people had too much money but I bet it would have made a fun place to live, if it was a dwelling.

Not been to Scotland much, but it seems typical of the buildings and castles.

Nice to have a blue sky.

Pete

Well exposed image, which I must admit despite being geographically close to I've never photographed. The inclusion of the saltire flag helps to define the size of the structure

great choice for the theme, i've driven past that many times when I worked at Faslane and needed to go to Edinburgh (I used to go the 'scenic' route, via Sterling, rather than the motorway when I had the time, much nicer)

What an amazing structure. I thought it must be in Europe somewhere. Certainly fits the tall theme and is something I'll look out for if I ever get up there again.

Wonderful picture - whilst my wife and I were courting, she was living in Broxburn, only about 45 minutes from here and we spent a good amount of time exploring the area. It's fascinating inside, and very breezy at the top of I remember right!

Snappers choice - taken this morning on a walk after we finally got some proper snow, yay! Cold, but glorious.

snappers (1 of 1).JPG

Nice snow scene Michael (y)
Not much here TBH.
And what was, is now gone anyway.

I love pictures of snow, hate the stuff, but like looking at pictures of it. None here in East Cornwall fortunately.

Nicely framed pic - just a dusting here.

Back