weekly George's 52 for 2017 Week 52(and Done)

Week 51 - Festive - One of the Disney decorations on our Christmas Tree. I wanted to use the lights to give a little bokeh. I think it just about works :D

Festive by Georgina Shaw, on Flickr

Really nice background and well lit, very good indeed

Thanks Alan :) The background was part of my Christmas pressie along with a soft box to put them in. Hoping it will make still life stuff a bit easier :)

Hi Georgina,

Juicy - What @Allan.H said. Bang on :clap:
Broad - Hehe, I read Broad Grin into that shot before reading your blurb. So evidently it worked well telling the story.
Quite some detail of the texture captured too.
Rustic - Works well for the theme, nice sharp image with the DoF falling off to the rear well.
Festive - Made me chuckle that did. Well controlled lighting and some pretty bokeh.

My picks are rustic, a very nicely focused shot Georgina and sharp. Festive with Micky is a lovely shot, nice bokeh from the lights.

You certainly got the bokeh spot on Georgina. Nice shot.

I like it, great choice of decoration there Georgina, Mickey makes it. Nice touch with the lights too.

Hi Georgina,

Juicy - What @Allan.H said. Bang on :clap:
Broad - Hehe, I read Broad Grin into that shot before reading your blurb. So evidently it worked well telling the story.
Quite some detail of the texture captured too.
Rustic - Works well for the theme, nice sharp image with the DoF falling off to the rear well.
Festive - Made me chuckle that did. Well controlled lighting and some pretty bokeh.

A fun shot with some nice bokeh too.

Thank you once again for you lovely comments :D

Absolutely love your juicy shot Georgina - great colours, background, composition

Your frog reminds me of that wide mouthed frog joke from Dave Allen many years ago :D

I agree the wicker balls make a good rustic theme. I like the depth of field you've chosen, and point of focus.

Absolutely love your juicy shot Georgina - great colours, background, composition

Your frog reminds me of that wide mouthed frog joke from Dave Allen many years ago :D

I agree the wicker balls make a good rustic theme. I like the depth of field you've chosen, and point of focus.

Thanks very much :D

Festive
It's a good fun shot, I think mickledore could do with a little lift of exposure or shadows, but I still like it.

George.... another name that's escaped me I feel. Great effort with festive but I think u could give the bokeh another try because I can see it beginnings. (Y)

Loving your juicy Missy ... with the reflection in the juice. (y)

Rustic .... another beaut. (y)

Another good catch-up :) I particularly like the rich colours and reflections in Juicy (sure I've seen that fruit before :D) and Mickey's cheeky expression in Festive, with the way he's positioned looking up at the other baubles (y) Those wicker balls are proving useful for all sorts of photo projects - I may have to find a set!

Last edited:
George.... another name that's escaped me I feel. Great effort with festive but I think u could give the bokeh another try because I can see it beginnings. (Y)

Thanks Frank, yes nearly there, think I need a bigger concentration of lights in the background to get more, might have another go before the tree comes down:)

Another good catch-up :) I particularly like the rich colours and reflections in Juicy (sure I've seen that fruit before :D) and Mickey's cheeky expression in Festive, with the way he's positioned looking up at the other baubles (y) Those wicker balls are proving useful for all sorts of photo projects - I may have to find a set!

Thanks Andrea, I could have got you a set for Christmas :D (note to self add balls to Andreas Christmas list):LOL:

Great bit of action and power captured there Georgina. Bang on for the theme, interesting to look at with the power of the waves, and you've even managed to find a bit of blue sky !!!

Well done on getting to the end. Good to see you've signed up for more madness next year.

Great bit of action and power captured there Georgina. Bang on for the theme, interesting to look at with the power of the waves, and you've even managed to find a bit of blue sky !!!

Well done on getting to the end. Good to see you've signed up for more madness next year.

Thanks Tim, first thing you learn living on an Island is to never underestimate the power in those waves. However, having been very careful to avoid the waves coming over the footpath on the way down the road, I got slightly distracted by the gulls and missed one coming in behind me. I did see it just in time to turn my back and cover my camera but I got soaked :rolleyes:

.... just don't get your camera wet, that's all I worry about.

Nicely framed to include the road going up the other side. A little tight LHS but I guess you're avoiding something unwanted.

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - Well lit and good detail on the wicker and the round bits. I might have gone for having the nearest edge of the closest one being out of focus so that there was more detail futher back as an alternative.

Wk 51 - Festive - Good colour and oof lights (We need another word for that rather than the Japanese one)

Wk 52 - Weather - Blue skies and big waves :). Good view point and nice curve round the bay.

.... just don't get your camera wet, that's all I worry about.

Nicely framed to include the road going up the other side. A little tight LHS but I guess you're avoiding something unwanted.

I did manage to turn my back just in time, hence me being soaked and not my camera :D It is very tight LHS, the main reason for this is that I was trying to watch the waves and so the shot was so wonky that by the time I had straightened it in LR thats where the edge was :ROFLMAO:

Lovely wave action to finish the year, well done :) Didn't realise you'd got a soaking in the process though, although I'm not surprised given the way the waves break over the wall there. Thank goodness you were able to cover your camera :eek:

Thanks Andrea, I did get wet and it was freezing :(

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - Well lit and good detail on the wicker and the round bits. I might have gone for having the nearest edge of the closest one being out of focus so that there was more detail futher back as an alternative.

Wk 51 - Festive - Good colour and oof lights (We need another word for that rather than the Japanese one)

Wk 52 - Weather - Blue skies and big waves :). Good view point and nice curve round the bay.

Thanks David :)

Back