George's 52 for 2019 - Week 20 - Snappers Choice

Name
Georgina
Edit My Images
Yes
Off we go again! Hoping to keep more up to date this year but no promises :D

Very nicely done. Loving the two close-ups inset into the original. Very good concept and very much on theme

Nice Capture, the inclusion of the other images also adds to the image.

Superb image. Like the red background helps the tripod stand out more. Just a tad more focus on the wording needed for me. Love how you have added extra elements of close ups in the little boxes. Looks very technical.

Lots of rock-steady shots from you now, then ;) I like the way you've picked out the close-up details in separate boxes and chosen a red background to match the red highlights on the head.

Thanks Andrea. I could have done with using it to get the shots instead of balancing my camera on a cushion :rolleyes::D

That is a great image and very nice with the close ups, good and colourful and like the Dof.
Nice compilation it works very well. Good use of depth of field.
Very nicely done. Loving the two close-ups inset into the original. Very good concept and very much on theme
I do like the inclusion of the close ups of the tripod too. A great start.
Good start to your challenge, Georgina. A nice product shot, I like to see more of the wordings in focus though.
Excellent work Georgina!
I really like how you picked out details with clever use of DoF.
Love the background colour too, fits perfectly.
(y)
Super shot. Looks very professional. Spot on!
Nice Capture, the inclusion of the other images also adds to the image.
That would make a good advertising shot Andrea, very nicely put together, I like the red background it works really well.
A very good strong start to your challenge, well lit, nicely composed and the inclusion of the 2 close up images adds interest and strength to the image.

Thanks very much everyone for your lovely comments

Well, I'm going to be ignoring the guideline of not posting catch-ups in the main thread (as I know I will get behind on occasions) :)

Nice montage of shots showcasing the new Manfrotto. Well thought oout and executed. (y)

Thanks Tim, you are such a rebel :LOL:

Superb image. Like the red background helps the tripod stand out more. Just a tad more focus on the wording needed for me. Love how you have added extra elements of close ups in the little boxes. Looks very technical.

Thanks Mandy. Believe me it's not that technical. I use photoshop but only just really learning about layers etc. I've been watching and following videos on youtube for a couple of months and its really helped

What lovely comments George. You obviously have to be in the know to appreciate these things. In my ignorance I didn't even know what it was!

What lovely comments George. You obviously have to be in the know to appreciate these things. In my ignorance I didn't even know what it was!

Thanks Mum. It wasn't obvious, if you don't know. :D

the Red background sets the images off really well, I like the close up detail shots

Week 2 - Clean - Clean(ing) my teeth. Well not really, just holding the brush. Not sure about this at all, I was hoping my other half would be out cleaning his car at the weekend but no :confused: so this is in desperation to get something in before the new theme tomorrow :exit:Clean.jpg

Good lighting and spot on focus, would have been better with a river of toothpaste running down your chin :p:LOL:

Clean
A good idea. How did you manage to do it by yourself? I bet it was a bit tricky.
I would like to have seen a bit of your non reflected face as well.

I think it's pretty cool. Very different take on the other images with a toothbrush in. Nicely thought out and executed

For a second there I thought you were in the backroom photographing beauty Queens getting ready :D Really do like this image for clean Georgina, good focus that might of been hard to do but you nailed it, bang on theme and a great one.
Good lighting and spot on focus, would have been better with a river of toothpaste running down your chin :p:LOL:
Clean
A good idea. How did you manage to do it by yourself? I bet it was a bit tricky.
I would like to have seen a bit of your non reflected face as well.
Clever idea, missus! I can't imagine how you did this - unless you put the new tripod to use?
Nicely sharp. Bang on theme.
As per Andrea, how did you get that 'selfie'?
Great idea, nice and sharp. I'm also curious on how you did it?
Well done, that must have been very tricky Georgina, a trace of toothpaste would have just finished it off
I think it's pretty cool. Very different take on the other images with a toothbrush in. Nicely thought out and executed
Super idea and well taken. I imagine it was quite a challenge to get such a good shot.

Thanks very much everyone. It was a bit tricky. I did use my 'new' tripod. I used a small mirror on a stand, a make-up or shaving type affair. Sat that on the desk and aimed the camera on the tripod at it, with me in the middle using a remote trigger. After trying quite a few times and struggling to get the focus on the reflection, I balanced the tube of toothpaste on a box at about the place I had put my face, so I could focus on the reflected tube, then switched the lens to manual and then put myself back in between. Hope that makes sense :D I had started with the electric toothbrush and toothpaste. My first idea was a bit of a long exposure so the brush would be blurry but I just ended up pulling weird faces and then my gums were starting to get sore from all the brushing, so I gave up and went with the old fashioned brush. :D

Great idea for the theme, very nicely done!
Excellent composition and lighting, and considering the tricky framing and focusing, the exposure is spot on too.
Super image Georgina!(y)

Thank you Gareth :)

Two good images nice product shot for “new” and an interesting composition for “clean” could possibly do with a little more light but works well

Back