Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

I like your take on this weeks theme, very well thought out.

Great take on the theme, great vibrant colours against the grey rock. Triptych works very well.

That's amazing Chris, they give every impression of being man-made. I don't know why it should be but the right-hand image appeals most to me. Good natural submission for Structure.

interesting place, it does indeed look man made and you are right i do love a didactic geological shot

Structure - I do like this, works well for the theme, and the left hand image stands out more for me.

I also like it, a natural structure, nature at its best.(y)

Thanks all, that seems to have gone down better than I expected.

Very nice take on theme Chris, I like the last one most, and thanks for the info :)

I like your take on this weeks theme, very well thought out.

Great take on the theme, great vibrant colours against the grey rock. Triptych works very well.

Thanks for the comments, it is quite hard to make something worthwhile of this kind of thing and it's encouraging to ge some positive feedback.

I like the idea Chris, nature has a way of building the most incredible Structures doesn't it, well put together, the triptych works well.
Wow - they do look like ruins of some old fortress - I'm enjoying these geological shots Chris :)
Thanks Susie and Emma

looks like 3 good shots in their own right therefore not sure about the triptych ... but hey it's good to vary presentation ideas tho last week's is a tough act to follow. :D

Last edited:
looks like 3 good shots in their own right therefore not sure about the triptych ... but hey it's good to vary presentation ideas tho last week's is a tough act to follow. :D
Thanks David

I think the triptych is a good solution to showing a panoramic scene. Must take a look at Trowbarrow next time I'm in the area. I know the Arnside Knott but had not heard about this location.

I think the triptych is a good solution to showing a panoramic scene. Must take a look at Trowbarrow next time I'm in the area. I know the Arnside Knott but had not heard about this location.
Thanks David, it's worth a wander around Trowbarrow and other parts of Silverdale such as Woodwell and Jenny Brown's point.

Number 3 is my fave in the tryptich Chris. Have you ever visited Brimham Rocks in Yorkshire? Some incredible rock sculptures there
Thanks Jill, I've not been there, must go for a look

Great fine and really do look man made.

Cheers.
Thanks for looking in Andy, appreciate it.

Hi Chris,

Structure - Well, that would have had me fooled, I would have bet money on that being man made, especially the right hand wall in the left hand picture. Interesting :)

Routine - I thought 'daily walk' until I read the title, mainly because the view down the path said 'leading line' to the couple walking to me. Quick, change the title ;)

Hi Chris,

Structure - Well, that would have had me fooled, I would have bet money on that being man made, especially the right hand wall in the left hand picture. Interesting :)

Routine - I thought 'daily walk' until I read the title, mainly because the view down the path said 'leading line' to the couple walking to me. Quick, change the title ;)
Thanks Tim, it is our routine walk although not daily at this time of year and I nearly did that as a topic but there are more photogenic parts to it than this. I was hoping that some of the neighbors would have their bins out but it was going dark and nothing was happening

i think it needs more bins to be honest to emphasise that it is bin collection day. and perhaps you could have got the couple OOF a little more as all i see is the pink coat. when i force my eyes off the coat, i just then get drawn to the metal cable protector going up the telegraph pole.

i think it needs more bins to be honest to emphasise that it is bin collection day. and perhaps you could have got the couple OOF a little more as all i see is the pink coat. when i force my eyes off the coat, i just then get drawn to the metal cable protector going up the telegraph pole.
Thanks but just suppose it was intentional :)

Hi Chris, I was waiting for the same shot, but the same happened, it was dark before the neighbours got theirs out. pouring with rain in the morning! Oh well :(

Thanks but just suppose it was intentional :)

It says "Humdrum" under routine in my dictionary. You've caught it perfectly Chris. :D

Actually, if that's your wheelie bin, it looks a lovely tidy and quiet place to live.

It says "Humdrum" under routine in my dictionary. You've caught it perfectly Chris. :D

Actually, if that's your wheelie bin, it looks a lovely tidy and quiet place to live.
Thanks David, that's what I was going for, just another routine, grey, rainy, suburban day. And yes, it is a lovely place to live but a bit too tidy though, the neighbours won't even put there flippin' bins out

Yep, that routine that I usually forget 'til I'm having to make a midnight trip out and hoping I don't wake the neighbours :oops: :$
Us too, it's usually a mad rush to put it out before going to work, except if there is a bank holiday, then it's anybody’s guess

I had thought about doing bin day as well but it wouldn't have been as photogenic as your street. I like the path and road vanishing into the distance and the interest of having a couple of people in it, would have been nice to have had the collecting vehicle or more bins in the picture but still works for the theme.

I think the 3rd image of the three is the stronger, but as a triptych it works well.

I had thought about doing bin day as well but it wouldn't have been as photogenic as your street. I like the path and road vanishing into the distance and the interest of having a couple of people in it, would have been nice to have had the collecting vehicle or more bins in the picture but still works for the theme.
Thanks Steve, more bins was what I was hoping for

I think the 3rd image of the three is the stronger, but as a triptych it works well.
Thanks Dominic

My first thought was ' the routine of just another day coming to a close'. Just the humdrum ordinariness of life. I like it (y)

Thats a nice image all round tbf. The subdued background colours give the effect of spot colour on the poppies.
I like the offset in the image too.

Numbers and what a great take on theme Chris, like the wreaths placed and dull green leafs, like the whole shot :)
Thats a nice image all round tbf. The subdued background colours give the effect of spot colour on the poppies.
I like the offset in the image too.
Thanks guys

Back