weekly Leebert's 52 for 2019 COMPLETE! Week 52 - Out take.

A top shot (top down too) - nice one :)

That really does look good fun - what's the car?

Great motion blur - how many goes did you have before you either got what you were happy with, or swerved off the road? :)

Terrific, dynamic image Lee!
Love the motion blur on the background....gives a real sense of speed!
(Naturally I'm sure you were driving at well under the speed limit! ;))
You really look like you're having great fun there Lee....and I've heard those Caterhams are terrific!
Great image!:clap:
Thanks Gareth. Yes - they are great fun! All the best fun is had under the speed limit too. It's not a fast car really but it's all about not having to slow down for corners :)

Hot - good action shot, you've captured the motion well. An open sports car is great fun in the sun!
Thank you Mark.

Very nice image for hot Lee, great BG blur and love the look on your face too.
Thanks Dave. It's hard not to grin like an idiot :D

Nicely done good feeling of movement
Thanks Allan.

There's nothing to better than open-top motoring on a hot day. Looks like you are having a fab time. Nice shutter speed with the driver in sharp focus and just enough blurry background.
Thank you Stan. It was a smashing day to be out in her.

A top shot (top down too) - nice one :)
Thanks Dave (y)

That really does look good fun - what's the car?

Great motion blur - how many goes did you have before you either got what you were happy with, or swerved off the road? :)
Thank you Ian. It's a Caterham Seven series 3. I think I took around 150 shots as I had the camera on high speed continuous. When I saw a nice background when the light looked right, I pressed the remote release. I did that a few times at different settings and then checked them when I got home for the one I was most happy with.

As always, thank you all for taking the time to comment. (y)

HOT - cracker, as said the motion blur is superb.
LIGHT - it also occurred to me, but couldn't think how to do it. You just pasted the bulb, right?

Ok, you win!!! Brilliant image executed perfectly

Lee, light made me smile ! Cracking composition !
Thanks Chris. (y)

Light
I've wanted to do this for a while, you've done a good job.
Thank you. It was good fun to do :)

HOT - cracker, as said the motion blur is superb.
LIGHT - it also occurred to me, but couldn't think how to do it. You just pasted the bulb, right?
Thanks Bob. Light is made up of three shots. One of the light bulb switched on, another of the light bulb for the end cap and a third for the daft self portrait. All thrown together in Photoshop Elements.

An excellent amusing submission, very well presented.
Thanks Allan.

Ok, you win!!! Brilliant image executed perfectly
Thank you for your kind words Ian.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment (y)

Hi Lee sorry been really rubbish at keeping up with comments this year!

New :- I really like that great idea and well executed.
Clean:- I like the use of flash to freeze the water droplets.
Open:- Nicely captured the watch is lovely and sharp.
Distant:- Archive shot or not that's a cracker.
Cold:- I really like that a fun take on the theme.
Waiting:- The link appears to be broken :(.
Rough - Great Set of Images they all work for me but I prefer the 1st one.
Object - That is a cracker very well captured.
Wet:- Love it really need to dig my dropper fit out again and practice this!
Entrance:- Great find I love the pile of logs behind the gate.
Young:- Great image lovely use of DoF.
Food - Great detail lovely textures and great lighting.
Smooth - First one for me really like the simplicity of that.
Above - 2 great images for the theme I can not pick between them.
Hot - Brilliant image nicely captured my mate is just building a Westfeild
Light - Just brilliant that's all I can say!

The idea is brilliant, and the execution is too. Creative thinking there Lee! Looks well exposed and well lit too (but I'm no expert on lighting). One of my favourites for the month :)

Hi Lee sorry been really rubbish at keeping up with comments this year!

New :- I really like that great idea and well executed.
Clean:- I like the use of flash to freeze the water droplets.
Open:- Nicely captured the watch is lovely and sharp.
Distant:- Archive shot or not that's a cracker.
Cold:- I really like that a fun take on the theme.
Waiting:- The link appears to be broken :(.
Rough - Great Set of Images they all work for me but I prefer the 1st one.
Object - That is a cracker very well captured.
Wet:- Love it really need to dig my dropper fit out again and practice this!
Entrance:- Great find I love the pile of logs behind the gate.
Young:- Great image lovely use of DoF.
Food - Great detail lovely textures and great lighting.
Smooth - First one for me really like the simplicity of that.
Above - 2 great images for the theme I can not pick between them.
Hot - Brilliant image nicely captured my mate is just building a Westfeild
Light - Just brilliant that's all I can say!
Thanks for the MEGA catch up Mark (y) I'm not sure why the link for Waiting was broken. The image seems to be there for me. Maybe a forum thing?

That's quite amusing and a cracker of an image. :giggle: Very well thought out and your expression....:D :LOL:
Thanks Stan. It was great fun to do. That expression took quite a few shots to get right!

Creative, funny and very well thought out and processed image Lee!
Your expression is priceless!
Not sure what else I can say....shot of the week!!!:clap:
Wow! Thank you Gareth for your kind words.

The idea is brilliant, and the execution is too. Creative thinking there Lee! Looks well exposed and well lit too (but I'm no expert on lighting). One of my favourites for the month :)
Thank you so much for your very kind words Carl. Much appreciated :)

Love the lightbulb moment :D

Onto Week 18 - Crowded (house).

A bit of fun in Photoshop Elements. Six photos with me in a different location loaded into Photoshop Elements as 6 layers. Then using a layer mask on the front 5 layers, mask off all of the image except me to make a Crowded house.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fLKPQp]
Week 18 - Crowded (House) by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Hi Lee,

Some of you appear legless.
Clever Take on the Theme well executed. I like the wood powered Telly.

Pete

Very good take on the theme and quick of the mark too, well done :clap:

Hi Lee, you've posted some cracking images since my last visit. My favourites are the strange gate for Entrance - which is a real head scratcher! - the second image for Above, as although I like them both and they are clever images, the second is easier on the eye; Hot for the great sense of motion and fun, and Crowded (House), which not only takes the title of one of my favourite bands but is a well arranged and clever idea :clap:

Hi Lee, your take on the themes and your photoshop skills are spot on ! Must admit they make me smile ! Both with happiness and envy !

I'm catching up here, great ideas for your last 3 entries. I'm really enjoying the creativity, and technical a ility with the various software... Great stuff.

Food - Great texture on the apple, lighting good too.
Smooth - Good idea. Personal preference if the middle image purely for the deeper black. Good shot on all.
Above. Must have been a hard choice on which to use there, two lovely detailed shots. can't choose between them myself. details and reflections are great
Great Idea for Light :). Good you managed to not have reflections on your glasses. well done

Very good take on the theme and quick of the mark too, well done :clap:
Thank you Allan.

Hi Lee, you've posted some cracking images since my last visit. My favourites are the strange gate for Entrance - which is a real head scratcher! - the second image for Above, as although I like them both and they are clever images, the second is easier on the eye; Hot for the great sense of motion and fun, and Crowded (House), which not only takes the title of one of my favourite bands but is a well arranged and clever idea :clap:
Thank you for your catch up Andrea. I like Crowded House too. The title came first and the image formed around that.

Very Clever!
Thank you Clive.

Hi Lee, your take on the themes and your photoshop skills are spot on ! Must admit they make me smile ! Both with happiness and envy !
Many thanks for your very kind words Chris.

I'm catching up here, great ideas for your last 3 entries. I'm really enjoying the creativity, and technical a ility with the various software... Great stuff.
Thank you very much Jim. Much appreciated.

Food - Great texture on the apple, lighting good too.
Smooth - Good idea. Personal preference if the middle image purely for the deeper black. Good shot on all.
Above. Must have been a hard choice on which to use there, two lovely detailed shots. can't choose between them myself. details and reflections are great
Great Idea for Light :). Good you managed to not have reflections on your glasses. well done
Many thanks for the catch up and kind comments. I hadn't given reflections on my glasses a thought at the time. I guess I got lucky on that one.

Great take on theme Lee, very clever and very nicely done too.
Thank you Dave.

Very good - wish I had thought of it!
Thanks Joan. Give it a go anyway. It was good fun to do!

CROWD - great idea for the theme. I tried this once but couldn't make it work!!
Thank you Bob. It took me a while to process and then I missed that I didn't have legs on a couple!

You really need to pack this up now Lee as you're making me feel very inadequate ;)

What a fantastically creative image. Hits the theme perfectly and I love the fun element. Great take and great idea

You are quick off the mark this week, Lee. Clever idea and very creative. Love the positionings and in particular the one on the floor. Are you the eldest of the sextuplets? :giggle: and does your mum still dressed you all in the same clothing? :LOL:
Thanks Stan. The youngest is on the left and they (we) get about a minute older as you go around the room :D The wardrobe is a bit samey but at least getting clothes that fit isn't a problem :LOL:

Marvellous creativity Lee, and exceedingly deft photoshoppery!(y)
My favourite 'Lee' is the one 'shushing' the others....you tell 'em Lee!!:giggle:
Thank you for your kind words Gareth. Most of the Lees were quite noisy and unruly!!

Ha I like that, amusing but clever and creative too. Well done Lee
Thank you Carl.

You really need to pack this up now Lee as you're making me feel very inadequate ;)
What a fantastically creative image. Hits the theme perfectly and I love the fun element. Great take and great idea
Thank you very much Ian. I apologise - I promise to take a 'normal' photo for this weeks theme. (y)

Week 19 - Decay.

This week has been a bit of a struggle but an email out of the blue gave me some inspiration. These photos are all from the State Bedroom at Clandon House in Surrey. In April 2015 it was pretty much gutted by a fire believed to have been started by an electrical fault in the basement. Whilst there has been significant damage, the National Trust is looking to start to rebuild Clandon House in 2020. As one National Trust volunteer said to me, even though it is quite a state of decay currently, it is the start of a new chapter for the house. The room as it used to look can be seen on this LINK.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fTwsZG]
Clandon House State Bedroom by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25mwBD2]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fTwsVo]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fTwt7A]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25mwBZH]

As always, thanks very much for looking in.

Back