weekly Minx 52 for 2016 -Finished

Fits the theme of "old" well but have to agree with Jason the tablet deco spoils it. Trouble is if you cropped it out you would lose the curtains and they do rather add to the shot.

Hi, welcome aboard. Good first submission, looks a little oof, but as Tim states possibly had ambient light. Might have tried a wider aperture.

I like the inclusion of the Kindle.

Cheers.

It has a nice "old feel" to it that's for sure, but as others have said it would have been a little more convincing without the device.
None the less its a nice practice week image (y)

Thanks for the comments I did debate cropping the tablet out but prefered the uncropped picture it was a chance snap quick before anyone disturbed him

Hi hope you told him you were using him for your 'old' shot!
Like sepia tone to add to aging process.

Hi - welcome to TP52 @minx. Excellent practice round (which nobody told me about ha ha). Hope you enjoy the challenge and camaraderie. :clap:

Hi there Alison,
A good strong start to your 2016 52 project. I like the processing and you have a steady hand considering the slow shutter speed. I look forward to seeing more (y)

Hi Alison, welcome to the 52 :welcome:

Nice start with the practice round and you'll love all the help and advice you'll get from this lot. I remember when I did my first one in 2009 I didn't really have much of a clue when I started bt my photography came on in leaps and bounds with all the different challenges.

Hi, Nice idea the BG could be better and the tin looks like it could be leaning slightly, good start to your 52

I really like this. Excellent idea but as above it just looks like it could be better executed by improving the lighting / background (not by me might I add!).

Top marks for imagination though.

Brilliant idea ... and I always like working with props that can be consumed after. Like it. :clap:

I didn't have to drink the beer myself that chore was kindly taken on by my Husband who is always keen to help out.
Thanks for the comments and the crit I will take them on board.

Very creative minx (y)

really very cleverly done, looking forward to seeing more of your images. Good luck completing your 52

Catching up on my commenting now I'm back on a PC.

Old - I like the sepia processing and it certainly gives it the right feel for the theme.

Metal - A very original idea, I like the light/shadows on the butterflies, as others have said, the background would be better if it was an even colour.

Welcome minx,

Old ... that's sad but on theme. :)

Metal ... wooo arty creativity (y) ... but as @Ian W says lighting & BG could be improved, still, excellent stuff.

Back