weekly Minx 52 for 2018

Thanks for the Comments, I wasn't expecting such good quality from my phone but was very happy with the results.

Alison

I seemed to have missed you creeping back into this 52.

Creature, Nice owl, I suspect you couldn't see the cage wires when you took the picture. If you had you could have moved the camera slightly to the right so the owl was between both
of them.

Dark, a very interesting take on the theme, nice light on the shell. Good effort that looks better on Flickr.

Hard, the Bee appears to be slightly out of focus or it's moving too fast for the shutter speed. Nice green OOF backgound to show off the subject.

Elegant, can't argue with a swan, being picky, but are some of his feathers overexposed?

Autumn, nice collection of coloured leaves, green plant interloping on the right hand side should be removed as it draws attention, quick clone in Photoshop (Other editors are available) should sort it out.

Pete

Well done for another catchup, Alison.

Hard; not an easy subject to take with the bee moving fast and difficult to track focus. In the image, the focus seems to be near the bottom of the shot.

Elegant; good choice for the theme and I like the inclusion of the leaves on the left to cover up the negative space. Shame about the loose feather but can easily clone out.

Autumn; another good take. I like the leaves at different stages of autumn colours. Maybe a shade darker overall and also to clone out the bright green leaf on the right edge.

Hi Ali,

Hard - As has been said, there is a bit of motion blur on the bee. But that does emphasise that it is hard at work :)
Nicely blurred out background. It really helps the bee stand out.

Elegant - Nasty vicious looking thing that. But yes, usually the epitome of elegance. Nicely frozen motion, but still conveying the essence of action.

Autumn - I hadn't noticed the green leaf top left until reading the comments, so evidently it doesn't bother me. I don't think I'd bother cloning it out.

That's 3 more ticks for the spreadsheet :)

Dark, one of the best images I have seen on the 52, perhaps I might of cropped a little off the bottom of the picture. Really like the textures and colours in the rock and I never thought of snails being dark. Great imagination/observation to create this shot.

Roger

Dark, one of the best images I have seen on the 52, perhaps I might of cropped a little off the bottom of the picture. Really like the textures and colours in the rock and I never thought of snails being dark. Great imagination/observation to create this shot.

Roger
The snail itself isn't dark but it was dark and they were out in force on the church wall that night

Dark is really good, well seen.

Hard perhaps a bit of motion blur on the bee but maybe that emphasises the hard work, good idea for the theme

Elegant, it's hard when there is unavoidable foliage at the edge, perahps a bit more of a crop might draw the eye more to the swan.

Autumn - good choice, works for the theme

Cooking
Nice and bright, I like the colour of the work/table top, you could maybe have gone with a bit more angle on the chopping board.

Crush -

I am crushed too many to catch up so I am not going to complete this year will try to keep up next year

Thats a cracking showcase image Alison. Lovely blue sky and white snow, really like all the shadows of the trees too :D

Hey Alison

Corner - Can't beat a slice of Crewe's finest. Quite a tight crop to emphasise the corner between I think the running plate and the plate in-front of the smokebox. Nicely exposed with shadows controlled and no blown highlights (which can be hard to do in winter light). (y)

Showcase - From the other end of the year, but still a winter shot. Works really well. Nice blues in the sky with some fluffy clouds to add interest and then there's the snow on the ground too :)

Congratulations for completing your 52 Alison!:clap:

I've been perusing your previous images for the past year, and you have captured some beautiful scenes!
Some very inventive and compelling images...a pleasure to view!

Your showcase image is exceedingly good, beautifully crisp shot of a beautifully crisp day!
Perfectly exposed....not easy when snow is involved....love it!!!

Looking forward to your images for next years 52, Happy New Year!:)

Back