Minx 52 for 2020

Hi Ali,
Being that wide angle I don't think you could have all the pillars vertical and have it look right (a bit like in @rick448's wide angle shot).
What is important is to avoid tombstoning (where the subject appears to be falling backwards) and you've achieved this admirably.

The guard statue stands out nicely against the red brick and fun to see you've caught a pigeon on the roof :)

Impressive building, and you managed to get the eagle between the pillars in front of the red brick wall!

Nicely compossed image Alison as Bernd says you've managed to get the eagle between the pillars.

Nice Image Alison, the steps are level and as Tim (LC2) has mentioned it's impossible to get the pillers vertical. You could have attempted to use keystoneing in the crop tool of Photoshop, but I feel that would cause a whole load of other problems. Good exposure and I like the detail above the pillers.

Pete

Nicely composed Alison who doesn't love an eagle even if its "Stoned"
:D

Nice clean image with some great detail good use of light and nicely composed.

Hi Minx, excellent composition, interesting subject, well exposed and bang on theme.

Hi Minx, nice composition, there is some fine detail in that butterfly print.
A good clean image and the butterfly looks good too.
Nice - huge amount of detail in that stamp! Is that your shadow - definitely looks like nice natural light?

Yes that is my shadow, not natural light though but a white light from our ceiling light.

Nice clean image with some great detail good use of light and nicely composed.
Hi Alison, that is a beautiful image for pleasure and very nicely placed too. Good colours in the whole image and great detail in the actual press bit of the butterfly.
Hi Minx, excellent composition, interesting subject, well exposed and bang on theme.
Nice clean image.. could be an advertising shot!

Thank you all for your comments. It is my one of my favorite stamps and my largest at 15cm by 12cm which it needs to be for that amount of detail.

Last edited:
Very nice Alison.
I used to love doing that when I was a kid, seems I grew out of it though.
That and potato stamps :D

That is an impressive stamp. Having both stamp and the resultant picture in the image tells a story and I can completely understand why it gives pleasure. I think you might find a subject for next week's theme in your paper crafting too :)

Really excellent stamp work Alison...is it a swallowtail? The king of butterflies? Very impressive.:clap:
It's a superb image too - the lighting is great and the composition is perfect.
Yes it is a Swallow tail.

Nice stamp, and photo is well composed. Shame about the shadow, I assume it's you taking the photo?

I'm sensing a theme here... Not that that is any bad thing! This looks like a single shot (?) - but the triptych type treatment (and try say that quickly three times...) works very nicely to tell a story - I will apologise in advance if I "borrow" this technique!

I love the vintage look about this, and the paper and dies on either side tells the story. Nicely laid out.

Is your big shot really black? I’ve been watching a lot of paper crafting videos lately and haven’t seen any black ones. Looks like a very handy tool to have in your arsenal. I’m trying to resist getting into it [emoji16]

A good panel of images there Alison I like that you've shown what the tool can do.

As above, Alison. its a nice triptych, that tells a story. (y)

Back