weekly My 52 2017 ... week 9, NUMBERS added

Like Peroni and had one last night :)

I like the perspective and composition, especially how you've composed the glass. B&W works well and adds to the grittiness.

No real crit.

Cheers.

Good take on theme Paul, like the focus point being on the writing and goes well in B&W :)

Thanks, Dave (y)

Like Peroni and had one last night :)

I like the perspective and composition, especially how you've composed the glass. B&W works well and adds to the grittiness.

No real crit.

Cheers.

Haha It is a nice beer :)
Thanks, Andy

Yeah, go on, Order up another. I like the shallow DoF and the b&w conversion. Spot on for the theme.

Hi Paul ... great detail in them boots. Not so sure about the beer glass, although nice touch for the theme.

Yeah, go on, Order up another. I like the shallow DoF and the b&w conversion. Spot on for the theme.
Really spot on for the theme, says order so well in a simple image
Hi Paul ... great detail in them boots. Not so sure about the beer glass, although nice touch for the theme.
A very unusual point of view but in this instance it works well, theme wise it works now I see the reasoning, and the B&W looks good too :)
Unusual angle there Paul, it works well with the explanation, nice choice in he b&w too.
I really like the unusual pov too - and a drinkable prop. What's not to like?!

Thanks, all :D

A tad shoe-horny perhaps, but I have zero issue with that. Works well in b&w and I like the shallow DoF and perspective.

When I saw the shot in the main image thread I thought it's another shoehorn but coming in here explains all. Very different take from an unusual POV.
A tad shoe-horny perhaps, but I have zero issue with that. Works well in b&w and I like the shallow DoF and perspective.

Thank you guys (y)

Unusual point of view, but it works very well, as does the B&W conversion.

week 1 the image is bang on theme, I however am not to keen on the composition, I wonder if a better angle would look better, but i do like the b&w.

Thanks Mandy :) The pub was busy, plus I had some comments as I was standing at a tall table taking the shot. I just wanted something a bit different ;)

I quite like the composition, it's obviously deliberate so it works.
I'm not sure about the remnants of the head left on the inside of the glass though although I get that it's an environmental image.

Thanks Tim (y)

Nice focus Paulie, could eat the lot nice plus like the bit of shadow :)
I thought we'd see a some goodies this week :) I like the composition, and the bright pink and sprinkles on the central doughnut, really nicely focused. Edible probs ...you can't beat them.

Thank you both :D
I only had two though ;)

I thought I had commented on this yesterday, oh well, I like the position of the plate in the frame and donuts are certainly comfort food.
Nice idea for the theme

Yes, I like the vivid colours and the sprinkles. Like the way the icing is oozing ... all too tempting.

Nice one Paul, as above ... good compo, colour, focus ... plus I like the way you've filled the frame: a little empty space FG and down one side.

Now I feel like Homer Simpson, nice crisp image. Not sure about the framing and crop, I'd like to see a few more different views.

Paulie .... I am not even going to let the image load because I would so eat the screen as the preview was too much for me.... good choice

Simple yet effective. Bang on theme as far as I'm concerned and great work on the lighting and composition allowing for the shadows.

I bet you enjoyed clearing up after this shoot ;)

I thought I had commented on this yesterday, oh well, I like the position of the plate in the frame and donuts are certainly comfort food.
Nice idea for the theme
Donuts, with sprinkles :)

Nice and bright/vivid with nice detail. Closer would also work.

Cheers.
Yes, I like the vivid colours and the sprinkles. Like the way the icing is oozing ... all too tempting.
That looks great - I really like the composition and eye catching colour (y)
Nice one Paul, as above ... good compo, colour, focus ... plus I like the way you've filled the frame: a little empty space FG and down one side.
Now I feel like Homer Simpson, nice crisp image. Not sure about the framing and crop, I'd like to see a few more different views.
MMmmmmm nom nom nom :)

A very nice photo Paul, super composition and lighting, I could see this is a fast food chain selling these donuts, it would tempt me (y)
Paulie .... I am not even going to let the image load because I would so eat the screen as the preview was too much for me.... good choice
Simple yet effective. Bang on theme as far as I'm concerned and great work on the lighting and composition allowing for the shadows.

I bet you enjoyed clearing up after this shoot ;)

Thanks all (y)
I did try a few different angles, but decided on this. They were sticky as hell, but managed a couple on clean up ;)

nom nom nom nom.
Good colours, sharp image, on theme. :)
DK is right that this could almost be a promotional shot.
It's probably just me (no one else seems to mind) but I would have swapped out the pink doughnut for one where the icing wasn't running down.

One thing to note on your links.
(y) that you've got the hang of getting a link to your thread working, but you're linking to the beginning of your first page. Not a big issue when you only have 2 pages to scroll through, but at the far end of the year it could be.
The link you need to add is the one marked "share" or the one marked "#{post number}", bottom right of the post with the image in it. Using that will link directly to the post with the image :)

nom nom nom nom.
Good colours, sharp image, on theme. :)
DK is right that this could almost be a promotional shot.
It's probably just me (no one else seems to mind) but I would have swapped out the pink doughnut for one where the icing wasn't running down.

One thing to note on your links.
(y) that you've got the hang of getting a link to your thread working, but you're linking to the beginning of your first page. Not a big issue when you only have 2 pages to scroll through, but at the far end of the year it could be.
The link you need to add is the one marked "share" or the one marked "#{post number}", bottom right of the post with the image in it. Using that will link directly to the post with the image :)

Cheers Tim
Unfortunately the icing was runny, and couldn`t do much about it.

Thanks for the link tip. I`ll sort that on the next issue :) (I`m crap at these things, always have been).

I like the crop and the vibrant colours. And of course I'm all for using edible props!

Week 2 what a yummy looking image, ( going to buy some doughnuts later on ) I feel hungry looking at them and there is pink iced ones so its even better....................................... oh wait hang on a mo I nearly forget to say that the image fits the theme, we all need a bit of comfort food in our lives at some point. My only niggle is i would of maybe placed the chocolate doughnut thats on the RHS so you could see the front of it and not the side.

Donuts with sprinkles yum :D I like how you have put them in a circle and alternated the colours too:)

Nice and sharp with vibrant colour, lovely!

Back