weekly Nostromo TP52 (2017) Wk 52: Weather

Panning is fun isn't it, and rewarding when you get it spot on.
For me, she gets a bit lost in the photo, I think I would have cropped in. It would still have given the impression of height, especially as it's against the canopy as a background.

The person in the first looks sharp enough but even more background blur would perhaps give more of an impression of panning, it's the pick for me though #3 is also good for the theme

Dom
Your first Symmetrical isnt truly accurate because of the lightning conductor spoiling it.....

Your worn pic is howver very nice....

Height - the panning in the second shot has blurred the zip wire, that makes it even more effective as the means of support is not obvious..

Good detail in both the people on the wire but a bit lost in all that BG.

#3 is good in its simplicity.

#1 for me too, it gives more emphasis to the remote. I've not seen a silver Benbo tripod before, assuming it is a Benbo, only black ones and you have got me thinking I must get mine out for a play.

#1 for me too, it gives more emphasis to the remote. I've not seen a silver Benbo tripod before, assuming it is a Benbo, only black ones and you have got me thinking I must get mine out for a play.
Yes it's a Benbo classic (or 1), I really like it. It has great versatility especially for macro stuff.

Definitely #1 of the two, it seels the theme more.
I might have had a go at adding contrast/clarity/de-haze (one or all maybe) to the back of the camera to bring out the detail on the screen, but then again, that might have looked unnatural. Dunno.
Nice looking tripod you've got there.

I might have had a go at adding contrast/clarity/de-haze (one or all maybe) to the back of the camera to bring out the detail on the screen, but then again, that might have looked unnatural. Dunno.

Believe me i tried many different sliders in the adjustment bush to try and get the lcd screen to show up better all to no avail. It was just at the wrong angle to the sun when i took the shot :(

The is sooo much better than my poorly executed attempt at the same idea, well done.

Remote - first one for me, concentrates on the remote bit - but I love my Benbo (and my Uniloc) too, I wanted one since the 70s when saw Heather Angel use one.

Ahhhh nicely done Dominic, I did similar a couple of years ago, I hope yours stayed up better than mine :D

The cards to the left are a good touch, though maybe a tad bright (small distraction(and very picky :)) but still liking the reflection a LOT and black background, nice one (y)

Ahhhh nicely done Dominic, I did similar a couple of years ago, I hope yours stayed up better than mine :D
A small bit of blue tac (well white tac), on some of the cards kept it all up right. I tried it without, but on a shiny surface they were having none of it and kept sliding down :(

Its a good idea, as dean said above the scattered cards are a nice touch I am just not sure they are in the right place compositionally, they kind of unbalance the picture

Its a good idea, as dean said above the scattered cards are a nice touch I am just not sure they are in the right place compositionally, they kind of unbalance the picture
I know what you mean, I just couldn't find anywhere else to put them without covering up the reflection and I really wanted to have them in the frame.

like that a lot Dominic. The muted reflection works really well, and I can't see the blue tac at all:D Nicely lit too

Nice lighting, nice reflection and excellent idea! I'm a little surprised we didn't see more on this for the Build theme.

Tinned peaches? haven't seen those in yonks ... works really well because of the syrup. (y)

Nope, second one for me Dom - broad spectrum or similar idea, not a fan of the first....

Hi Dom,

Juice - Lovely colours. I assumed a macro lens, but it's not. Excellent capture of the detail :)
Broad - Ah, gotcha. I think I prefer the blurred one. Less obvious, makes you think/wonder more.

Back