weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

OK thanks. will take a look!

Scary but mission accomplished. :clap:

That's real wow one Andy ...brilliantly done, absolutely spot on to get the effect right...very well done with at one :clap:

Experiment - And you do it again... a SP that works so well, these types of images do my nut in, have been staring at it tooooo long my brain just can't suss it out - all I can say is Fantastic :clap:

Thanks all, always good to produce a popular submission :)

Onto this week :rolleyes:

Think I bought the wrong matches :whistle:

Used my Nikon 105mm and tried to get the sparks from the matches, but wasn't working.

Settled for an abstract.

My initial idea was to shrink a crisp packet. I did them as a kid but the outcome wasn't as I recall and they were a little too wrinkly. Having Goggled looks like mine wasn't that bad. Might photograph it if I have time.

Anyways, week 17. Heat.

Is it Friday yet...we're off to the east coast for Bank Holiday weekend :banana::beer::hungover::meh: :indifferent::sleep::help:

Cheers all.

Week 17 Heat by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy

On a Major catch up..... :rolleyes: Blimey is it that far back I walked your pages.... Sorry mate...:(
I'm winding back to Elegant.... Because I can!! and I like the humour in the shot :) On the positive side it would save a lot of washing.
Love the Business end! excuse myimbecile question but the frame its sitting in, is that a film frame?

Watery.... Excellent shot, I really love the clarity of this, and the texture in the skin .... the reflection of the window in the iris is really nice. I'm thinking how your model could sit for some time not blinking with a lens stuck in there eye! I like the shots with the catch lights myself too.

Bold.... Yes Isabelle wins on this one, "chucked Isabelle in our back garden" poor girl! Wouldn't she have been happier with a guardian angel instead of a ghost! Like the colour edit of the ghost that works well and the opacity looks spot on, however Isabelle doesn't look very frightened ;)... The crit on the B&W has already be done and dusted. Nice spot light narrow beam on Isabelle works nicely with great sharp focus

Relax... Ah you have stolen my pose however I normally do this on a concrete floor without a cushion and then repeatedly bring my head into contact with the floor with great force. This normally occurs, following going to a location without my tripod or with every battery flat.. Good shot, splayed fingers looks more natural:rolleyes: Think your Jim Jams would have looked better rolled to the knees. Nice focus, where was the remote.... I always run out of hands....
One of my Sons used to sleep in the most bizarre of positions, how do they do that?

Vertical.... Very poignant being the start of WW1 last August a lot of commemorations of horrific battles still to come. The second edit straight but symmetry still off a bit.... I always find these challenging shots there's always something squffy isn't there (well that means for me there is) I'll get them to move the RH tree a bit:) Its actually almost exactly a dead split even the cloud looks mirror image. I see you have culled the distracting spot lamp at the base of the monument too(y). Nice Tones in the image, I think B&W conversion does the monument justice.

***Boredom Warning*** ... If you bored of reading all my drivel by now scroll down to the bottom RH corner and click "Like" now!

Mouth.... Right up my street! Yes you could have lifted the shadow but that's a different photo, this sits nicely with the silhouette, and the fantastic colour! Like the devil eyes (the two deep blue eyes in the cloud). The long exposure has worked really well here and the waters spot on too. Like the layers of highlights in the river as it steps back downstream. Nice hard angular silhouette of the mountains softened and underlined by the deeper black treeline underneath. Lovely gradients of colour in the sky reflected softly in the water. Strong dark diagonal lead in really working well for you here mate! Excellent stuff(y)

Crowd .... Those Zombies after you too? Just draw the curtains mate! No1 for me ..... Like the subtle lighting, only crit is I'd crop a sliver off the RH side to pull it central. Crowd 2, Uummm that is low:eek:

Close Up.... No1 again for me spot on focus, really nice detail, soft delicate colour. No2 looks a tad under. Bang on theme.

Alphabet ... Oohh Agh very sharp DOF but good focus like the letters but would have preferred the letter spacing and height uniform not that I'm OCD;) All 26 present and correct!

Machine... AKA Terminator Excellent love this No crit from me. Edit is spot on(y)

Sound.... Great lighting always struggle with lights and flashes top marks for that! Great composition, really nice portrait maybe a tad tightly cropped.

Experiment.... Spooky and a real draw, bit like the Mona Lisa if you get my drift! I like it, nice exposure, and entirely different!! Better than burning your eyebrows off!

Heat... Like this too, spot on focus nice and sharp a great composition, make a change from the normal "Flame" shots love the colour too(y)

Phew was that a catch up or what, so you've either shot yourself or beggared off on the long weekend and who can blame you:D:beer:

Hi Andy

On a Major catch up..... :rolleyes: Blimey is it that far back I walked your pages.... Sorry mate...:(
I'm winding back to Elegant.... Because I can!! and I like the humour in the shot :) On the positive side it would save a lot of washing.
Love the Business end! excuse myimbecile question but the frame its sitting in, is that a film frame?

Watery.... Excellent shot, I really love the clarity of this, and the texture in the skin .... the reflection of the window in the iris is really nice. I'm thinking how your model could sit for some time not blinking with a lens stuck in there eye! I like the shots with the catch lights myself too.

Bold.... Yes Isabelle wins on this one, "chucked Isabelle in our back garden" poor girl! Wouldn't she have been happier with a guardian angel instead of a ghost! Like the colour edit of the ghost that works well and the opacity looks spot on, however Isabelle doesn't look very frightened ;)... The crit on the B&W has already be done and dusted. Nice spot light narrow beam on Isabelle works nicely with great sharp focus

Relax... Ah you have stolen my pose however I normally do this on a concrete floor without a cushion and then repeatedly bring my head into contact with the floor with great force. This normally occurs, following going to a location without my tripod or with every battery flat.. Good shot, splayed fingers looks more natural:rolleyes: Think your Jim Jams would have looked better rolled to the knees. Nice focus, where was the remote.... I always run out of hands....
One of my Sons used to sleep in the most bizarre of positions, how do they do that?

Vertical.... Very poignant being the start of WW1 last August a lot of commemorations of horrific battles still to come. The second edit straight but symmetry still off a bit.... I always find these challenging shots there's always something squffy isn't there (well that means for me there is) I'll get them to move the RH tree a bit:) Its actually almost exactly a dead split even the cloud looks mirror image. I see you have culled the distracting spot lamp at the base of the monument too(y). Nice Tones in the image, I think B&W conversion does the monument justice.

***Boredom Warning*** ... If you bored of reading all my drivel by now scroll down to the bottom RH corner and click "Like" now!

Mouth.... Right up my street! Yes you could have lifted the shadow but that's a different photo, this sits nicely with the silhouette, and the fantastic colour! Like the devil eyes (the two deep blue eyes in the cloud). The long exposure has worked really well here and the waters spot on too. Like the layers of highlights in the river as it steps back downstream. Nice hard angular silhouette of the mountains softened and underlined by the deeper black treeline underneath. Lovely gradients of colour in the sky reflected softly in the water. Strong dark diagonal lead in really working well for you here mate! Excellent stuff(y)

Crowd .... Those Zombies after you too? Just draw the curtains mate! No1 for me ..... Like the subtle lighting, only crit is I'd crop a sliver off the RH side to pull it central. Crowd 2, Uummm that is low:eek:

Close Up.... No1 again for me spot on focus, really nice detail, soft delicate colour. No2 looks a tad under. Bang on theme.

Alphabet ... Oohh Agh very sharp DOF but good focus like the letters but would have preferred the letter spacing and height uniform not that I'm OCD;) All 26 present and correct!

Machine... AKA Terminator Excellent love this No crit from me. Edit is spot on(y)

Sound.... Great lighting always struggle with lights and flashes top marks for that! Great composition, really nice portrait maybe a tad tightly cropped.

Experiment.... Spooky and a real draw, bit like the Mona Lisa if you get my drift! I like it, nice exposure, and entirely different!! Better than burning your eyebrows off!

Heat... Like this too, spot on focus nice and sharp a great composition, make a change from the normal "Flame" shots love the colour too(y)

Phew was that a catch up or what, so you've either shot yourself or beggared off on the long weekend and who can blame you:D:beer:

Steve @69Bonni that is superb and detailed FB. I had to review some of the photographs as I'd forgotten them. :)

Read your FB a few times to do it justice.

Again appreciate the time you have taken to crit (y)

Cheers.

Heat...Loving the simplicity there Andy....spot on.

Steve @69Bonni that is superb and detailed FB. I had to review some of the photographs as I'd forgotten them. :)

Read your FB a few times to do it justice.

Again appreciate the time you have taken to crit (y)

Cheers.
My pleasure Andy, sorry haven't been to your thread for so long! FB is what its all about isn't it;)
Enjoy the WE mate
Cheers S

Different way of portraying a burning match ... yes, why not! (y)

Hi Andy, a good different take on a glowing match, its very intriguing at first as to what it is, works very well indeed (y)

Ha ... I know how they do it! I see this kinda stuff in Covent Garden.

This is very well shot Andy, perfect focus/DOF

On theme too.

Well it might be a grab shot but it's certainly very original for the theme Andy ...not exactly something you see at every turn. I really like it ...smashing bright colour. I'm sure there's a dead easy answer but how do they do that o_O

Cheers, @susiejb Susie. I won't spoil the secret

Ha ... I know how they do it! I see this kinda stuff in Covent Garden.

This is very well shot Andy, perfect focus/DOF

On theme too.

Cheers, @d00d David, ideally I'd have liked at tripod to do a long exposure to really loose the BG.

It is very clever how they do it.

Cheers.

Lovely shot. Don't they usually pursue you for money when you take pictures of them doing this sort of thing? I was in Luxmbourg and sawa similar thing, raised my camera and saw the look in their eyes; I didn't take the picture.

Hi Andy, works well for a "grab shot" as its an interesting event, I can only take a guess as to how they have achieved it :thinking:

Lovely shot. Don't they usually pursue you for money when you take pictures of them doing this sort of thing? I was in Luxmbourg and sawa similar thing, raised my camera and saw the look in their eyes; I didn't take the picture.

Hi Andy, works well for a "grab shot" as its an interesting event, I can only take a guess as to how they have achieved it :thinking:

Cheers @ShinySideUp and @alsjazzera

I actually shoved a quid in before I took the photograph :)

It's quite simple really, there's a metal base plate and a metal rod running up the bamboo pole with other supporting bits inside the yellow covers :)

Cheers.

Hi again Andy, thats a very bold image for "household" instantly recognisable graphics, well thought out, it's another difficult theme

I am intrigued as to how my last image has inspired you for "household" :thinking:

Hi again Andy, thats a very bold image for "household" instantly recognisable graphics, well thought out, it's another difficult theme

I am intrigued as to how my last image has inspired you for "household" :thinking:

Cheers, yeah, not an easy theme, which can be good for us :)

The inspiration for Household is mainly from your processing.

Cheers.

Heat.
I really like it.nice and close and locks a bit like an old school lamp with the outer sides of the flame being the glass reflecting the flame. Well done.

Figures.
Wow, its amazing how they do these things. Well captured and the figures really stand out from the background. The only problem is the washed out whites in the background, but that might be being picky.

Household
This is urm, not really a photo, unless you photoed all the names in which case I beg your pardon. Good idea though for yet another difficult theme.

Heat.
I really like it.nice and close and locks a bit like an old school lamp with the outer sides of the flame being the glass reflecting the flame. Well done.

Figures.
Wow, its amazing how they do these things. Well captured and the figures really stand out from the background. The only problem is the washed out whites in the background, but that might be being picky.

Household
This is urm, not really a photo, unless you photoed all the names in which case I beg your pardon. Good idea though for yet another difficult theme.

Cheers, yup, all photographs, and more that didn't make the cut. Ideally I should have used OCF and set them up better, I just used window light.

Thanks.

Heat - definitely looks Alien like to me although I wouldn't have immediately tagged it as heat related until I'd had a closer look. Nicely shot (y)

Figures - nowt wrong with a grab shot and we can't be all artyfarty every week :p

Household - can see why you did it like this but it shouts graffic design to me even though you took all the pics sorry :(

Bit of a catch up here - sorry!

Heat - This didn't really shout out heat to me on first glance, but I was attracted to the abstract nature of it and now I've read the explanation and looked a bit more carefully, I really like it for composition, colour and the little alien head ;)

Figures - A superb job for what must have been a real rush to capture. I love the dof with the contrasting sharpness of the main subject against the oof bg and am still absolutely intrigued as to how it's done. I can work out that the top man is sitting on a support that's hidden in his cloak, but I still can't work out how the bottom man is holding him up with one hand :confused:

Household - great interpretation of the theme and who knew there was such a thing as green Coke????

Hi Andy,

Figures - that's amazing - how on earth do they do that? bang on theme and very sharp

Household - very well thought out & put together :)

Hi Andy ...well, we got two for the price of one this week :)....the portraits are my favourite...something very startling about the eyes all focusing so directly on the camera and I love the processing :clap:

The first one must have taken ages to do, but it just doesn't work on the white background for me....sorreeee.

Hi Andy :)

Heat - Love the abstract lit match, took me a while to work it out, that little glow on the head is really well captured mate, really like this :clap:

Figures - It may be a grab shot, but you still have managed to separate the main subjects from the busy background and kept it pretty much uncluttered, works really well for the theme mate, the subjects chosen and their yellow costumes sure help :)

Household 1 - Love this idea, nice and bright, fun to work out each trademark, like the border too :)

Household 2 - Bang on mate, love the processing and similar expressions from you all, no more than that to say :clap:

Is that Phil Collins?

Couple of good/different/interesting portrayals of the theme.

Back