Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

Certainly dangerous, the lightings particularly well balanced (y)

One tip that might help with SPs. Over time I have got repeatedly fed up of looking at images on the back of the camera only to find that once on the Pc they are slightly soft or OOF, now I have put an EyeFi card in the second slot and shoot raw to 1 and small JPG to the EyeFi card, this in turn sends the photo to my iPad. That way I can see it instantly without moving.

Certainly dangerous, the lightings particularly well balanced (y)

One tip that might help with SPs. Over time I have got repeatedly fed up of looking at images on the back of the camera only to find that once on the Pc they are slightly soft or OOF, now I have put an EyeFi card in the second slot and shoot raw to 1 and small JPG to the EyeFi card, this in turn sends the photo to my iPad. That way I can see it instantly without moving.

Hi, Chris, thanks for the suggestion. My D750 has built in wifi so I could have sent them to my iPad :banghead: One for next time, maybe (y)

Cheers.

Love the red against the black and the composition emphasises the shape of the katana nicely. There's something about the lighting on the face that is bothering me...but I can't put my finger on it. My only attempt at a self portrait for a project was a bloody nightmare...so I'm impressed nevertheless! If my son sees this he'll be furious - one of his ideas for the 'dangerous' theme was him in his karate outfit looking menacing, but we never got around to shooting it. Let's hope he doesn't use his moves on me...:eek:

Love the red against the black and the composition emphasises the shape of the katana nicely. There's something about the lighting on the face that is bothering me...but I can't put my finger on it. My only attempt at a self portrait for a project was a bloody nightmare...so I'm impressed nevertheless! If my son sees this he'll be furious - one of his ideas for the 'dangerous' theme was him in his karate outfit looking menacing, but we never got around to shooting it. Let's hope he doesn't use his moves on me...:eek:

Hi, I think some of the red may have reflected onto my face....but it was damn cold in the garage :) Face is also slightly OOF :(

Hope your son doesn't see it :)

Cheers.

Dangerous......Good light and colour Andy.
You just don't seem a frightening fella....and that's not a bad thing! :D

Excellent image. Red on black makes a very strong impact, even the colours imply danger, not to mention the big sword

Abandoned - I like the colour one best but fits the theme either way.
Camouflage - I like the eggs best took a while to work out what it is but I think i worked it out. Of the other I agree with everyone the second is better. good work
Dangerous - maybe it is oof because your were shivering it is only a little soft and the pic is right on theme.

Hi Andy, that's about the most on-theme shot I've seen for dangerous - well done! You've self-critted to an extent re: focus. I seem to be having "black problems" with my monitor (lack of shadow detail), so I certainly can't spot any problems with the background...

The lighting works, but I think it could work better. From the catchlight and shadows, it looks like you've used a fairly small light source or one that's a fair way away? I reckon this would work better and create an even more striking image with a softbox or - dare I say it - a beauty dish!

Great image though which works really well. A tweak here or there would make it properly exceptional (y)

Camo ... contours look good to me plus the unshaven look says menacing. :runaway:

Dangerous ... I like the black/red contrast and dangerous pose. Fake BG eh? would never have noticed.

Dangerous......Good light and colour Andy.
You just don't seem a frightening fella....and that's not a bad thing! :D

Excellent image. Red on black makes a very strong impact, even the colours imply danger, not to mention the big sword

Striking image Andy ...the colour, the expression, the pose all look spot on for the theme.

Dangerous - Wow... look at that concentration, shame it is a bit soft, the focus not you ;) - but a great SP, good pose, real nice lighting too, which has brought out the colours and detail real well Andy (y)

Abandoned - I like the colour one best but fits the theme either way.
Camouflage - I like the eggs best took a while to work out what it is but I think i worked it out. Of the other I agree with everyone the second is better. good work
Dangerous - maybe it is oof because your were shivering it is only a little soft and the pic is right on theme.

Hi Andy, that's about the most on-theme shot I've seen for dangerous - well done! You've self-critted to an extent re: focus. I seem to be having "black problems" with my monitor (lack of shadow detail), so I certainly can't spot any problems with the background...

The lighting works, but I think it could work better. From the catchlight and shadows, it looks like you've used a fairly small light source or one that's a fair way away? I reckon this would work better and create an even more striking image with a softbox or - dare I say it - a beauty dish!

Great image though which works really well. A tweak here or there would make it properly exceptional (y)

Camo ... contours look good to me plus the unshaven look says menacing. :runaway:

Dangerous ... I like the black/red contrast and dangerous pose. Fake BG eh? would never have noticed.

very tense and dangerous, nice compo, striking colour,:)

Thanks, all. All comments read and appreciated.

The BG is genuine, just edited in post to remove details.

Cheers.

No wonder @Dark Knight goes in for all that make-up :exit:

Nice one, have a good weekend, you certainly picked the right one weather-wise (y)

Hahaha, great models! Isn't there supposed to be a stone circle in the background?

Not a shoehorn as far as I'm concerned as Selfies are always in the news.

Not sure about the models :jawdrop:

Topical is great, no shoehorning there for me. Its a good fun image and its nice to put some faces to the names.

Hahaha, great models! Isn't there supposed to be a stone circle in the background?

Topical - not bad from an iPhone on a selfie stick.

Not a shoehorn as far as I'm concerned as Selfies are always in the news.

Not sure about the models :jawdrop:

Topical is great, no shoehorning there for me. Its a good fun image and its nice to put some faces to the names.

Cheers all, was a fun shoot and I've used the selfie stick over the weekend on the TP lakes meet ttoooooo many times :)

Just returned from a TP Lakes meet with @blondie606 @Dark Knight @Brian_of_Bozeat and @Southdowns (great meet :))

Stood on the shore of Buttermere photographing 'that tree' but wasn't happening due to the lack of a any real sunrise and the bloody con trails :)

Had my 24-70 on and saw two swans flying in from our right. Zoomed in and caught them landing. Cropped and not as sharp as I'd have liked but I do like the drama and splashes in the water. If only I'd have had a 70-200 :whistle:

Cheers.

Week 9 The Living World by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

That is a beautiful image Andy - nicely timed to get touchdown. That long trail suggests their landing takes quite a bit longer than I had imagined. :clap:

The living world loves the one skiing on the water great shot and well spotted.(y)

That is a beautiful image Andy - nicely timed to get touchdown. That long trail suggests their landing takes quite a bit longer than I had imagined. :clap:

Nice capture Andy, like the movement and colors in this on, as you say shame you didn't have your 70-200 :).

The living world loves the one skiing on the water great shot and well spotted.(y)

Thanks, all.

I'll post the SOOC later just to show what can be done with 24MP and some processing :)

Cheers.

Thats a cracking image Andy, nothing to add (y)

Good capture of the swans, nice timing and very good of them to come in parallel with the reflection line.

Nicely done Andy for this week's theme. Great timing of that shot and I really like the highlights on the water in the foreground. Maybe a touch of grad required to get those swans properly white without blowing the highlights lower down in the frame?

Nice composition as well for what must have been a quick shot. Well done!

Very nice shot of the swans, can't have been easy to get it!

Another place I want to go to!

The living world - Nice shot. You've done well to get the swan as sharp as you did. It has a really nice warm light and the detail in the splash (especially the front is very good). Couldn't see any exif detail, was it frozen with a fast shutter speed or have you panned with the swan?

Super timing that Andy, I too had a stab at them landing, mine didn't do half as well as yours, great capture and the bang on time, just love the water spray and light on the water :clap:

As for the 70-200... just 'Add To Basket' and hit 'Pay' before you leave the site again like you normally do - it is that simple :naughty:

Lovely!

Tried to enlarge it in Flickr but it doesn't really work.

Camo - at first I was like - WTF is that ! then I thought it was a moldy fruit (sorry!) and then I smiled and giggled - very good Andy (and sorry again!)

Dangerous - very dangerous - like it, good interpretation and liking the contrast of the red and then the black BG

Topical - Very and looks like you all had fun !

Living World - Beautiful image, sharp, fantastic light and the crop also adds to the subject matter - like it :)

Living World What a stunning image pin sharp and fantastic light I would be very proud if I had taken that

Back