Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning, all, thought I'd set my thread up for the 2016 52.

I've been here a while and thought a few words of advice might be needed:

1. you don't have to comment on everyone submissions
2. you should comment on some submissions
3. the old, 'I'm new to photography, so don't feel I have the knowledge to crit' isn't acceptable ;)
4. if in doubt, just say what you like about the photograph and anything you would change
5. have fun and enjoy yourself. It won't be easy, but keep at it and you'll soon get into the swing of things.
6. make sure you use the TP52 as a vehicle to improve your photography.

If you start to feel a little overwhelmed, play a Joker and move on.

Let us know why you feel overwhelmed.

You can always miss themes you are not keen on but I'd encourage you to have a good think about the themes and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an idea. Have a look through previous TPs for inspiration.

Most of all, for me, it's fun and there will be some meets during the year so jump in and get going.

Cheers all and have a great year (y)

This was not my intended submission but Jackie bought me a background kit so we set it up in our small living room, without smashing anything :)

I was after a photograph of Isabelle looking all grown up, but having given her a £5 to model she got bored after 4 shots :bat:

Of the few I managed, this was the one for me.

Self crit, more work needed getting even light on the BG :) I decided on viewing on Flickr not to edit.

Cheers all.

Week 0 Old by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy, she looks thoroughly peed off rather than old :( Although you might have just told her she looks old and she's in a huff. The first thing that caught my eye was the uneven background (and after all your nit picking on mine this year :ROFLMAO:)

I think it has the makings of a nice high key capture Andy, but I would really liked to have seen her looking at the camera (even if it was only a scowl!), and also a bit of PP to tidy up the darkness bottom right of the frame. Next time, only hand out the cash once they've posed nicely!

Haha, that's definitely a teenage pose.
I can't actually see anything wrong with the background and I love the high key style you've shot there.
A good start to the new year's 52 Andy :clap:

Love the high key image! The background is very acceptable- especially if you are working in the lounge! Well done! The lighting is good too - nice highligts - so well done on getting four shots for a fiver!! Well below the going rate in our house!

I'd say "sulky" rather than "old" welcome to the shoe horn club Andy :D

Its a lovely portrait of a typical teenager though (y)

Reactions: LC2
Hi Andy, I think you have given yourself any crit you might need, good look with getting an even white BG on an area so large

lighting on Isabelle is good and its an interesting take on the theme as usual

Hi Andy ....well it's a definite shoehorn :) but nonetheless is a fabulous shot, love the lighting and the classic teenage pose ....it would be good to see the other shots too. A smudge on on the bottom of the background stands out a bit but the lighting must be challenging. What a smashing gift, I'm sure we'll see more of it through the year.

Great photo, but don't really get old from the photo - except maybe 'not old at all'

But the photo itself is great :)

I'd be asking for my money back ;), I guess I'm lucky becuase my daughter loves having her picture taken so no bribes needed. I think it's good in a way that you decided not to edit and I'm sure you'll get the hang of lighting the background soon enough

Oh I remember my daughter striking that pose on a number of occasions.
Did have to work at the link to 'old' though :)

Hi Andy, she looks thoroughly peed off rather than old :( Although you might have just told her she looks old and she's in a huff. The first thing that caught my eye was the uneven background (and after all your nit picking on mine this year :ROFLMAO:)

A cracking photo Andy even if the link is a tad wobbly, a nice even background I'd say, is it a paper or cloth backdrop ??

I think it has the makings of a nice high key capture Andy, but I would really liked to have seen her looking at the camera (even if it was only a scowl!), and also a bit of PP to tidy up the darkness bottom right of the frame. Next time, only hand out the cash once they've posed nicely!

Haha, that's definitely a teenage pose.
I can't actually see anything wrong with the background and I love the high key style you've shot there.
A good start to the new year's 52 Andy :clap:

Love the high key image! The background is very acceptable- especially if you are working in the lounge! Well done! The lighting is good too - nice highligts - so well done on getting four shots for a fiver!! Well below the going rate in our house!

The tops bold sleeves work really well with the background here and the lighting highlights the hair (and shows it's texture) really well. Great stuff!

I'd say "sulky" rather than "old" welcome to the shoe horn club Andy :D

Its a lovely portrait of a typical teenager though (y)

Hi Andy, I think you have given yourself any crit you might need, good look with getting an even white BG on an area so large

lighting on Isabelle is good and its an interesting take on the theme as usual

Hi Andy ....well it's a definite shoehorn :) but nonetheless is a fabulous shot, love the lighting and the classic teenage pose ....it would be good to see the other shots too. A smudge on on the bottom of the background stands out a bit but the lighting must be challenging. What a smashing gift, I'm sure we'll see more of it through the year.

Haha, image of Isabelle to finish last year and Isabelle to start this year and no wonder she is not happy at all.

Sorry Andy I just can't make out 'old' from the image at all, grown up may be but old??? :thinking:

Great photo, but don't really get old from the photo - except maybe 'not old at all'

But the photo itself is great :)

I'd be asking for my money back ;), I guess I'm lucky becuase my daughter loves having her picture taken so no bribes needed. I think it's good in a way that you decided not to edit and I'm sure you'll get the hang of lighting the background soon enough

Oh I remember my daughter striking that pose on a number of occasions.
Did have to work at the link to 'old' though :)

Thanks everybody, yes it's a bit of a shoehorn but with it being weak zero I'm okay with that :) you will be seeing the background again during the year..... Perhaps the odd selfie :naughty:

Thanks all, and have a great New Year's Eve.

Cheers.

Hi Andy. I'm way behind with comments - hadn't realised that we'd re-started. I like the high key portrait - more a statement of emotion that age but arguably that particular one comes with adolescence so perfect for Age. :clap:

Hi Andy,
Not really working for me as a shot for Old but it's a nice shot anyway. Looks like Isabelle might be smiling? I look forward to seeing the BG in future shots - but not necessarily the selfies that might go with it ;) :D

Hi Andy. I'm way behind with comments - hadn't realised that we'd re-started. I like the high key portrait - more a statement of emotion that age but arguably that particular one comes with adolescence so perfect for Age. :clap:

Hi Andy,
Not really working for me as a shot for Old but it's a nice shot anyway. Looks like Isabelle might be smiling? I look forward to seeing the BG in future shots - but not necessarily the selfies that might go with it ;) :D

Cheers, doesn't scream Old, or even suggest it to some :).

Here we have week 1, (Heavy Metal), due to the rain my initial idea was a washout.

Here is my back up is my second idea. I've added a cheeky grab shot as well :naughty:

Processing may not be to some member's taste but it's exactly what I was after. The pose isn't exactly what I was after but we were in our garage and Isabelle soon got cold.

Cheers all.

Week 1 Metal 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 1 Metal 3 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 1 Metal (cheeky submission) by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Hi Andy. What I'd give to have a handy model on call. I like both "Isabelle" shots for completely different reasons; the pose in Metal 2 with the hair falling across her face and the softness of Metal 3 - both nicely lit, I especially like the way it falls on her hands. Metal makes a nice abstract - sharp and excellent DoF. Metal 2 is my fave of the three.

Liking the heavy metal shots, prefer the processing in #2, looks a bit more rock'n'roll

Hi Andy, 'metal 3' is the winner for me, I love the processing, gives the shot allot of interest.

Hi Andy would have made a good triptych if you had 3 or perhaps you have
Excellent :clap:

With you looking like Rob Halford on your avatar it couldn't have been anything else, I bet it cost you though

I like all three images, Andy. The one posted in the image thread is a clever twist on the theme, which I also tried to do. I really like the exposure ad light on the hair. I also really like number tree too, plays to me sort of image. Good luck completing you 52

Catching up with my commenting

Thanks for your advice in your first post, very helpful for a first time 52er.

Old - Not sure of the connection to the theme, but I like the shot, would have been nice to see just a bit more of her face. The dark arms on the top with the stars and the colour of her hair really make the shot for me.

Metal - Like both Metal 2 and 3, the processing and lighting work well for me. Did you have to pay her again to model? Maybe I should try that with mine :)

Metal 1 - I may have missed what this is, I have no ideal but do like these type of shots.

Hehe never work with teenagers!! Even if your are paying them...

I prefer the second shot of the heavy metal, maybe because their face isn't covered. The other shoot looks like a metal booby to me - maybe something a futuristic Madonna would wear!

Poor Izzy. The stuff you do to her! I'm reporting you to the NSPCC.

Hope she stung you for a good fee! :D

Ps. What's with the new avi? You should have asked for a reflector for Xmas, fill in those ugly shadows... Oh hang on, they're not the ugly bit! :LOL:

looking cool there bro ;)

Last edited:
(Heavy) Metal, great minds think alike eh? :D
Your poor long suffering daughter, but she make a great model, great idea, well executed Andy (y)

I love the first portrait for metal - the lighting is dark and brooding (certainly fits well with a bit of doom metal) and I like the juxtaposition of the anonymity of the head-behind-the-hair against the skeleton looking straight to camera.

Back