weekly robj20's 52 2019 Week 14 Smooth

Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
A New Chapter

2019 Week 1 New by treboraj20, on Flickr

Off to a slow start for me, think i struggle on the weeks where i don't get out of the house. 99.9% of my photography is outdoors landscape type stuff so being forced to think about things indoors is tricky, and then to make it fit the theme even more so.

Week 1's photo for me lacks technique but the subject means a lot to me. No doubt over the year i will make this subject fit plenty of themes.
I couldn't decide between colour and black and white either, but B&W seems to make the writing stand out and that's the focus so seems to work.

Last edited:
I like this. The off-centre composition works but maybe I would have avoided the bright light on the left which pulls the eye away from the main item. Congrats in order!

Congrats on the offspring :D A good start!

We've all been there Rob - scratching about trying to think of something, but you're off and running :)

Works perfectly for theme mate

Firstly, many congratulations. Great picture for the theme and works well in black and white.
You will find some weeks you can think of images more than other weeks. Happens to us all. Then when you see how someone else has interpreted it you think oh yes......
Good luck with week 2, sure Cobra will put us all out of our misery later on.

Aw bless :) Enjoy the early Christmases, where they aren't asking for an XBOX/iPhone/Car/etc. ;)
It's a nice shot, sums up both Christmas and New Baby, in years to come that'll be in pride of place in your photo album.

By the way, you said:
See how far i get this year.
What year did you do this last? I can update the spreadsheet as I didn't realise you'd entered before.

Aw bless :) Enjoy the early Christmases, where they aren't asking for an XBOX/iPhone/Car/etc. ;)
It's a nice shot, sums up both Christmas and New Baby, in years to come that'll be in pride of place in your photo album.

By the way, you said:

What year did you do this last? I can update the spreadsheet as I didn't realise you'd entered before.

I had done, 2014 where i got to 30+ weeks, 2016 not sure how far i got at least week 15 though.

Aw congratulations on the little one.
your right the B/W does make the writing pop. definitely one for the memory album.

Welcome back, Rob, and congratulations :) I think you're being hard on yourself as this conveys the theme very well and the background details underline that it's Christmas. I used to struggle with indoor shots too, much preferring being outside, but I've grown to enjoy the challenge and you've done well with this (y)

Nicely done Rob. Liking the colours and the slight vingette - well done mate

Nothing wrong with the image at all. Fits the theme well. Good use of lighting.

Like the razor, think it needs the blade in though to give it that sharp edge ? Just my thoughts
I would have done if I had any, haven't shaved for years. Lol

I like this!
It's a very good image with lots of detail in the focal plane and nice out of focus areas.
Well composed and great colours too.
I sympathise with the lack of shaving equipment...as a very long term beard-wearer/grower (not sure how to describe this!), I had to rule out 'clean shave' early on!!:D
You have done a very good job on your image, nice work Rob.(y)

Can you even still get blades for those? Surely the likes of the multi blade disposable head razors have made them obsolete...
I like the warm colour that is brought to it by the tabletop. The use of diagonals works.
It may not be exactly what you wanted, but it works for the theme :)

Can you even still get blades for those? Surely the likes of the multi blade disposable head razors have made them obsolete...
I like the warm colour that is brought to it by the tabletop. The use of diagonals works.
It may not be exactly what you wanted, but it works for the theme :)
Definitely, so much better than the tat Gillette make with ten blades.

I like the layout, may not be what you wanted but it works

Week 3 Open a new toy
A boring one, had a nightmare weekend with the baby so i really didn't have much left in me for creativity. On the plus side, extremely happy with my new tripod.

Week 3 Open
by treboraj20, on Flickr

Boring only if you say so. Mission accomplished. I reckon mine will be uninspiring but that's just how it goes. If I can pull out just a couple of jaw-dropping shots during the 52, I'll be more than pleased. Apart from lacking really good gear not to mention know-how, I also have an acute lack of time.

True, suppose I'm expecting too much for every weeks to be a great shot.
As long as it gets me thinking about things more I should be happy I guess.

Not boring at all. It tells a story in your photographic journey. You have a new tripod which you have opened and will use in future photos. Not all photos have to be . Each photo you take you will learn something. I’ve still not thought what I am taking this week.

Open
Everyone likes to open something new.
I think you've got all three of this years themes in this one shot, new, clean and open. Impressive :clap:.
Not every week is going to be a stunner, we all get bogged down with life, time constraints and mental blocks.
Stick with it and I'm sure you'll get more into the swing of things as the weeks go by.

Back