weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Stan,
Broken - Really good shot. Nice colours and plenty of interest. I might have been tempted to zoom, crop to the boat itself, but I think I would have been wrong. Including the foreground makes the picture.

Thanks Tim, I think that would be a bit dull with just the ship.

Bizarre... Well that's bizarre tree bikes! Smacks of some irate parent getting fed up with their kids and lashing there bikes up in a tree! My father took the front wheel out of my motorbike when I was about 17 and threw it up on the barn roof where I couldn't find it, when I got out of hand once:D
Anyhow great shot well spotted, it's certainly bizarre! Looks like there's a problem with the forks:) Was there a spokes - person at the bar that could comment on them:rolleyes:.

Broken.... Absolutely cracking colour there Stan. Nice foreground interest, really nice colours in the sea, lights a bit harsh but hey on holiday you have to grab what you can get most of the time... Nice shot Stan(y)

Cheers Steve.

Bizarre - it certainly is, well spotted Stan (y) and as for Broken, I love it. Great leading lines in the foreground and loads of detail, what more can I say :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Limit - lovely shot with just the right balance of white cloud and blue sky - makes me feel a little dizzy looking at it :)
Bizarre - Very!
Broken - a really evocative shot - love it!

Hi Stan, just catching up with your last two images. Bizarre is certainly that, and I'd love to learn the story behind the bikes and how and why they ended up there! Well spotted.
Broken is an excellent shot, interesting subject and totally on theme and I like the way you've shown it in its lovely surroundings too.

Apologise for gone missing a few days. Just the usual busy catching up with life and normality after a holiday. Now I'm back in UK and normal (boring) service resume.

Bizarre - it certainly is, well spotted Stan (y) and as for Broken, I love it. Great leading lines in the foreground and loads of detail, what more can I say :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Really like broken, I like the use of DOF with the wreck slightly OOF. Nice colours too :D

Thank you Jill and Chris for the kind words and pleased you like the shot.

Limit - lovely shot with just the right balance of white cloud and blue sky - makes me feel a little dizzy looking at it :)
Bizarre - Very!
Broken - a really evocative shot - love it!

Hi Stan, just catching up with your last two images. Bizarre is certainly that, and I'd love to learn the story behind the bikes and how and why they ended up there! Well spotted.
Broken is an excellent shot, interesting subject and totally on theme and I like the way you've shown it in its lovely surroundings too.

Thanks Elaine and Andrea for the catch-up, appreciated.

I commented in the main Theme thread that this week’s shot would be taken when back in UK. However on our way for food on the last night we came this rather sorry looking statue/figure of The King of Rock and Roll outside a derelict/rundown bar and disco and thought it could fit this week theme.

Week 23 - The King of Entertain-ment

love the broken shot Stan - the colours are absolutely gorgeous. (do you live in Cyprus?)

BROKEN: wondeful shot, stunning colours. I would be tempted to get on that ship. There must be some great shots just waiting to be snapped up!

Thanks Michalene. No I don't live there but have a apartment in Paphos and try to spend as much time there as possible.

I was in Paphos in November and loved it - was a great hotel and great location and the best weather - I envy you!

brilliant shot for broken mister :clap:

He certainly is the "King"

Good image Stan

Phil

On theme and it does look a little dishevelled. Never easy to isolate the subject matter in such busy surroundings.

Cheers.

Cheers Phil and Andy. You are right about the busy background. I tried different angles and settings but settled on this shot.

Hi Stan,

it's a very quirky spiral - nicely different, and I really like the way you've framed it :clap:

Very original take on the theme - would never have thought of that. Nice shot too. Well done Stan.

Hi Stan,

it's a very quirky spiral - nicely different, and I really like the way you've framed it :clap:

Thanks Lorraine, I've other shots from different angle too but this one shows off the spirals at each level the best.

Very original take on the theme - would never have thought of that. Nice shot too. Well done Stan.

Thanks Carl, I've a back-up shot of a spiral staircase just in case the librarians say no photography. Yes, I did asked for permission first.

Good sharp image. Well spotted . Love the colour tones and the angle it is shot at.

Hi Stan,

Entertain.... Poor old Elvis, seems to have suffered a bit of a downturn there! Well spotted and fits the theme well.

Spiral... That's a cracking spiral, very interesting, as everyone assumes a spiral to be round.... Nice angle too;)

Spiral, well spotted, I think a B&w would work a treat and I might have cropped even closer.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, the image is 'almost' B&W!

Hi Stan,

Entertain.... Poor old Elvis, seems to have suffered a bit of a downturn there! Well spotted and fits the theme well.

Spiral... That's a cracking spiral, very interesting, as everyone assumes a spiral to be round.... Nice angle too;)

Thank you Steve.

Taken this lunch time in a dull, overcast and windy day. Just a typical summer day up here in NE Scotland! Not a B&W conversion more or less straight out of camera apart from little darkening of the buildings to enhance the silhouette. Not too sure about the windows near the bottom left but I thought I'll leave them in for fellow TP 52'er to comment.

Week 25 - City Skyline Silhouette

Nice one Stan. Took me a while to figure out how to achieve a silhouette and by then my will to live was waning. Wish I'd ventured out and about to get mine so maybe a re-shoot.

that's a gorgeous silhouette Stan, and I didn't notice the window until you pointed it out :clap:

Stan...your Spiral is wicked....Love it.
And Sillhouette is equally as good.
Well done!

What a great location for your Spiral image, Stan - I'm envious! Great architecture and well captured.

I like Silhouette too, It's a very 'British' scene with the overcast sky and traditional skyline, and the windows look fine to me; if anything they relieve the solid darkness of the buildings.

Great silhouette, like all the old spires and towers with that rather modern ariel on the left, lovely British sky too (y)

Hi Stan ... nice PoV on the Spiral ... and your City Skyline Silhouette fits nicely: I tried the same sort of thing here in London with little success, it's not as grey as Aberdeen. :LOL:

Nice moody sky in silhouette

I can't work out whether it's B&W or not.

I'd really like to see it wider and some off the top, that said, nice detail and well composed.

Cheers.

Back