weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

It's a good effort, Stan. Nice and low, good sense of size difference so spot on theme. You broke a cardinal rule of car photography though...the front wheels should be turned the opposite way so you see more wheel and less tyre ;)

It's a good effort, Stan. Nice and low, good sense of size difference so spot on theme. You broke a cardinal rule of car photography though...the front wheels should be turned the opposite way so you see more wheel and less tyre ;)

I thought the wheels toward the camera is the 'correct' way, so I been wrong all these time. :confused: Thanks for correcting me. (y)

Great image for Size Stan I thought about getting my different scale models out and having the classic in the BG but decided against it my neighbors already think I'm mad with adding more prove......

Personally I would have had the wheels straight but that's just me

Hi Stan. Like the POV which accentuates the size of the R56 but I do so prefer the R53 livery. Well taken (Interesting about the inward wheel posture for car photography).

Hi Stan

Colourful ... fantastic image full of clear contrasting colour.

Size ... I didn't scroll down far enough at first, just saw a cracking shot of the grey Mini, though that a good take. On second look I saw the little one ... making it def. on theme. :D

I saw a pic on the net recently of a toy tractor against a massive real life machine. And they both looked the same size because the baby was in the FG. I thought about doing a size image based on that but never got it together.

Great idea Stan, great PoV, works very well IMO

Classic colourful image - great job. If it had been possible to simplify it even further I reckon it would work even better but it's good as is. Nice one

Edited to add: somehow I missed Size! That's another good shot and can't pretend to know about car togging so will leave that to others... looks good and good use of perspective, especially on the near wing of the "big" mini. Good one (y)

Last edited:
Great image for Size Stan I thought about getting my different scale models out and having the classic in the BG but decided against it my neighbors already think I'm mad with adding more prove......

Personally I would have had the wheels straight but that's just me

Cheers Mark. I thought I get this shot in before you knowing that you are a Classic Mini man and may just go for something similar then I realised I got the weeks all mixed up and I've yet to submit the Entry/Entrance although taken.

Nice idea Stan, I like that they both have spotlights on the front too :)

Agree with the wheels, and I'd want them matching more precisely as to the angle they are to the camera on both big and small :naughty:

Thanks Dean. I bought both Minis (real size) second-hand. The first (R53) came with spots but I added the spots to the current Mini just want to be different. There are so many Minis kicking about now.

I'm slowly catching up but still mega busy at work. Typical oil companies now that the price of oil is $50 a barrel and projects are kicking off left, right and centre but all at the same time!

Another shot from the university campus area in Old Aberdeen. Not many view-point to take the shot with old buildings very close by and a wide angle lens (16-35mm) was used hence the distorted perspective.

Week 20 - Entry/Entrance

Week 20 Entry-Entrance 14519 by Stan, on Flickr

That's a proper entrance Stan, it stands out nicely against the background and I like the dappled light

Stan, I like the angle you have taken this at, I always tend to look straight on. Like the light, textures

That's a proper entrance Stan, it stands out nicely against the background and I like the dappled light

Thanks, the shot was taken in late afternoon/early evening when the sun was getting low. The downside is the boring featureless sky.

Now that's an impressive entrance. Beautiful sunlight washing across the towers. The sky maybe cloudless but not enough on show to make it boring Stan; in fact having the bright vibrant green of the trees set against it, makes it quite a feature.

Another shot from the university campus area in Old Aberdeen.
I have to admit that I thought it was something from Euro-Disney :D

Nicely positioned and taken Stan :)

Size - I've never seen Mark & Stan in the same place at the same time...
Are they Mark Kent and CooperStan?

Entrance - Wow, that's not an entrance I would expect for a Uni, I thought that perhaps you have been to disneyland.
Nicely captured and good job avoiding noise in the blue sky.

Last edited:
Are they Mark Kent and CooperStan?
Oh Groan!
Go and stand in the corner and think about what you said :p

Entrance - Wow, that's not an entrance I would expect for a Uni, I thought that perhaps you have been to disneyland.
Nicely captured and good job avoiding noise in the blue sky.

Not quite the entrance to the Uni but Halls of Residence the area of which back in the 19th century belongs to some rich and powerful land owner.

On to Week 22. Find this box which I totally forgotten in the corner of the spare room and inside were some forgotten technology from yesteryear. A portable CD player form the early '80s and a Polaroid Instant Land Camera from late '70s. Oh and a half finished Radio Controlled motor bike too.

I processed the shot to Lomography effect with 35mm film look and retro feel.

Week 22 - Forgotten

Week 22 Forgotten by Stan, on Flickr

Great idea Stan, especially all jumbled up like that :)

Hi fairytale entrance indeed, I think the sky is fine as it is, interesting angle I would have tried straight on but this works well

all those things we once thought was going to revolutionise our lives abandoned, good idea for the theme

Hi fairytale entrance indeed, I think the sky is fine as it is, interesting angle I would have tried straight on but this works well

all those things we once thought was going to revolutionise our lives abandoned, good idea for the theme

Cheers Allan, I was actually looking for my old cassette player or an old Walkman!

Like the processing, angle and the framing on forgotten, adds to the abandoned nature of it.

Two good choices there - lovely warm light. I line the stones leading you out to sea and the variety of sizes, textures and colours on the first. What a great idea for a sculpture on the second - makes me want to get closer and have a peep now!

Hi Stan.
Forgotten: My goodness, these devices represented the height of technological advances in their time and now a few years later are discarded as being near Neolithic as far as youngsters are concerned. Good choice.
Stone: Both excellently taken but I prefer the Windows sculpture because of it's unusual nature. (Nice to see the blue skies back eh!)

Forgotten - Good idea for the theme and I see where you're coming from, but to me it's a bit too much and I think I would have taken 1 or 2 of the items and shot them separately. (But that's just me).
Stone - I like both shots, but #2 edges it for me due to how unusual it is. Both are well shot though and I do like the inclusion of the ship in #1

Two nice submissions Stan, the sculptures, although nice,
the beach just about takes it, for me, as there is much more going on, if you look close enough.

Back