weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

I like your Entrance Stan ... and I couldn't think why exactly ... but now I guess it's the wide angle now you mention it. :D

And the windows sculpture showing the horizon like that is a nice one. (y)

Two good takes on the theme but I think the causeway edges it for me, I like how the green seaweed on the stones leads out towards the ship.

Stan, must admit I like the processing on the forgotten. I will definitely look into this a little more.

Stone has to be the second one for me. I like the colour of the stones against the sky, the view of the sea. Nice

Hi Stan

Well caught up (y)...

Entrance is a good catch - interesting style and I wonder if something slightly more face-on would allow you to capture the sweep of the cobbled driveway as it narrows into that entrance? Might require a UWA lens, mind... Nice light on this one!
Forgotten is definitely on theme and the processing has helped make the shot more relevant again, IMO. I do think a touch more (very soft) light thrown into that box might help it all pop out a bit more, though?
Stone - I really like the second. Not sure if you've taken this later in the evening, but the light works better for me. I think this is a really interesting subject and the clear(ish) blue sky behind works well to make the stones jump out. I'd love to have a play with different POVs and compositions on this one :) The first stone shot doesn't really do it for me in comparison - just too complex a scene by comparison. I do like that second one though!

Wow!!! now that is an entrance Stan, the perspective doesn't look bad at all, would like these turrets outside my house :D

Forgotten - cracking idea for the theme, simple and ticks all the boxes, some good tat in there too :)

Stone - A couple of nice themed images, the second one does it for me, very unusual, although I personally would have cloned out the flowers and removed some of the foreground, wonderful textures mate :)... and would love to visit this myself during a sunrise/sunset, have you ever tried ??

Hi Stan

It's probably been said before but that Entrance is very Disneyesque. Great find and defo fits the theme.

Forgotten - I can remember when they were invented :eek: Great idea for the theme.

Stone - it's number 1 for me, there's just so much more to see and it's a great PoV

Well done on the catch up :clap::clap:

Colourful - wish I was there, goods colours, clean and simple
Size - I like the Pov it emphasises the size difference.
Entrance - I too thought of Disney maybe this inspired him
Stone - I like both pictures they both fit the theme and both invite you in, I want to walk on the stony beach and take a look through the windows

Big thank you everyone for their nice words and apologise for not able to comment yours. Still very busy at work and doesn't help that I'm off again to Cyprus soon. I hope to do a bit of catch up commenting others when I'm relaxing there.

Onward to this week's theme. A simple stone built arch structure.

Week 24 - Simple

Week 24 Simple by Stan, on Flickr

Nice verdant greens and a little bucolic bridge speaks of a simpler time, good take on the theme

My heart bleeds for you with the prospect of another trip to Cyprus - tough going ha ha! That's a beautiful landscape Stan - stone bridge and a babbling brook, very calming. :clap:

Really like your take on Simple Stan works for me. The greens are nice and vibrant

Simple - pretty image and well captured. Hard to know what it was like there in the flesh, but I'd be tempted to lift the exposure by maybe half a stop - not much. And maybe crop in a bit from the bottom, but otherwise it's a very pleasing scene (y)

Good shot for the theme Stan.
I'm going to go the other way to Paul, rather than up the exposure, I think I might have tried to darken the blacks in the shadow under the bridge, just to increase the DR (but it might not work, dunno.)

Good shot for the theme Stan.
I'm going to go the other way to Paul, rather than up the exposure, I think I might have tried to darken the blacks in the shadow under the bridge, just to increase the DR (but it might not work, dunno.)

That's the great thing about photos - different things for different people (y)

Looking at the histogram, it does look a bit dark versus "normal" (whatever that might be) but as the discussion here shows, it's up to you not some computer graph!

Great spot for Stone and I think the exposure is spot on. Only crit is too much foreground for me. Looks much better to me and has more impact as a panorama shot with the bottom third of the pic cropped off.

Another apology again and sorry about the clear blue sky and sunny weather. Been hot hot hot here since we arrived on Wednesday. Mid to high 30's every day. Knowing the weather is a bit damp and wet back in UK.

Week 25 - Signs (in local lingo)

Week 25 Signs 12104 by Stan, on Flickr

That is certainly a collection of signs, lovely colours in the background

Knowing the weather is a bit damp and wet back in UK.
UNDERSTATEMENT of the the year, its been lashing it down!
So no, not jealous at all, not one little bit :(

Nice idea Stan, all we need now is a translation :D

UNDERSTATEMENT of the the year, its been lashing it down!
So no, not jealous at all, not one little bit :(

Nice idea Stan, all we need now is a translation :D

For you, Chris :)

From Google Translate

DEMOCRACY OF CYPRUS MINISTRY TRANSPORT, COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKS

PROJECT TITLE: CONSTRUCTION OF SIX (6) PARALLEL BREAKWATERS AREA GEROSKIPOU BUDGET: €2,499,272.93 DURATION: 30 MONTHS

SUPERVISION DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS

STUDY NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS

CONTRACTOR VENTURE KEPA-CYFIELD DEVELOPMENT PUBLIC LTD

For you, Chris :)
Nothing exciting then :(
I was hoping for "site of new brothel" (y)
Oh well scratch Cyprus from the holiday options this year :D

Interesting sign, well it was till i read the translation, lovely blue sea though

Like that Stan plenty of signs there. Lovely blue sky not jealous at all I love Grey skies me......

... could have sworn one of them said NO PHOTOGRAPHY. :D ... seen a few of those in Cyprus before. Anyway interesting stuff.

Definitely covered the theme Stan - no mistaking that. I like the fact that the horizon is level but the sign is slightly askew. What about writing to the Ministry about the mismatch with "...... Parallel Breakwaters". No don't, you may get banged up in Cyprus for ye..... Yeah go ahead and moan.

Doesn't get more on theme than that for me, nice job on capturing something so vivid without blowing it.

Back