weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Very nice Stan, certainly on theme nice and colourful too

Hi Stan, having a good time?

Sign does what it says on the tin and that's a fab looking beach behind it.

Flora, such an abundance but a little overwhelming as is. I'm with the crop suggestion to give it a little more impact but it's spot on for the theme (y)

Hi Stan, having a good time?

Sign does what it says on the tin and that's a fab looking beach behind it.

Flora, such an abundance but a little overwhelming as is. I'm with the crop suggestion to give it a little more impact but it's spot on for the theme (y)

Thanks Jill. The water is a bit cold though and the other end of the beach where breakwater barriers are already in place is much busier.

The Flora shot is a bit too busy with too much going on for my liking but I only have the Fuji XE-1 and a 'standard' 18-55mm lens with me.

Hi Stan,
Worst "I'm in the sun and you lot are in the rain" post ever ;)
Nice & sharp with some excellent blues (always hard). Slight crit (and I'm really not the one to talk about this), but there is some distortion of the verticals and horizontals of the sign that may have been resolvable in pp (but then again you have to keep the horizon horizontal, so maybe not).
Flora - Great selection of colours there and suitably deep DoF :)

Good choice Stan ... heading down the beach before your return that is. Spot on for Activity, especially the movement of those feet through water. :clap:

Not an activity for me I don't swim, but very popular so ideal for the theme

I like that Stan but it looks a little chilly! I love the splash of water from the feet very well timed

Nice little group of people actively doing something Stan

Hi Stan

Well spotted but could do with an exposure lift for me and perhaps a slight recomposition to get more interest in the frame? To be fair, just lightening might do that. Definitely on theme and you've done well in difficult lighting conditions.

:agree: could do with an exposure lift. But good idea for the them, I like messing about in the water. (maybe in Portugal come September).

Hi Stan,
Certainly fits the theme, but I think I would go for a closer crop.
Having zoomed in, the detail of the swimmers is very good and it's a shame that it's lost in such a wide shot

simple - lovely picture of a simple scene spot on.
signs - interesting signs (with out the translation)
flora - very vibrant and definitely on theme.
Activity - Like LC2 I would prefer a closer crop focusin more on the swimmers

Really well caught I tried it once as you say a lot of pics for a few good ones, but worth it when it comes together, nice blue too

Really impressive Stan I like that a lot love the composition and little bit of red at the bottom the water droplet.

Really well caught I tried it once as you say a lot of pics for a few good ones, but worth it when it comes together, nice blue too

Really impressive Stan I like that a lot love the composition and little bit of red at the bottom the water droplet.

Thanks Allan and Mark. The shots took a while to set up but I'm happy enough with the result. Will definitely try again.

That's a great capture, love the blue and he highlights on the water drop, well worth the effort

Haven't commented on your thread as much as I'd like to have, Stan.

I'd echo the thoughts on the crop for Flora but the pick for me is the Life shot. Water drop is nice and sharp and great shape to it. The blue just adds fantastic colour. Well done [emoji106]

Really impressive Stan - love the complete detachment of the droplet and the blue. I know from personal experience just how hard it is to get a decent water droplet. I found the best way not to concentrate on the drop hitting the water but in counting to the shutter release.

Life - Fantastic picture I am sure a great deal of time and effort went it to getting it. It is certainly a great shot I like the reflections in the drop too.

My 3 years old granddaughter was playing hide-and-seek with me whilst baby sitting her over the weekend and thought that would just be ideal for this week's theme. For those who have young kids know they just don't keep still for any longer than a few seconds so quickly grab my camera and managed to capture just a handful and this is one of the better one.

Week 29 - Hidden

Week 29 Hidden B&W by Stan, on Flickr

Back