weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Hi Stan. Really strong perspective - the path seems to go on forever. Like the b&w and the hard shadows doubling up of the lead in lines through the image.

Hi Stan ...it works really well for the theme, I did go down to the beach and do a similar railing but it was sloping down and didn't look half as good as this one, perfect choice in the composoition and the b&w, I really like it.

Thanks Susie, the road and path along the beach here is dead flat and straight for about a mile or so.

Really like that Stan the B&W conversion works really well

I love the fact the fence leads you inform the edge of the image and ff in to the distance

Cheers Mark, I tried this view point to use the fence railings as leading lines into a vanishing point and luckily the sun casted a strong shadows helping to add more interest along the way too.

very nicely done Stan and well seen, the mono conversion really suits it.

That works really well Stan, and I'd say all the better for the B&W treatment too (y)

Hi Stan, thanks for dropping into my thread last week and this is my belated first visit to yours. I absolutely love your images for Technology, especially the second one :clap: The colours are fantastic and it's interesting to see how effective focus stacking has been in both pin sharp images. Thank you for sharing your set up, too.

Horizontal is a striking image with those strong lines and good perspective, and B&W is definitely the right choice. I had a quick look back through the rest of your thread and the first image for Topical is a cracker with those colourful night lights and reflections, while Effort is a clever idea and works really well. I've enjoyed your images and am looking forward to following your thread in future (y)

Nice one Stan,

It's the shadows on the ground Horizontally that bring it all together and make it a top shot for this weeks theme. (y)

That works really well Stan, and I'd say all the better for the B&W treatment too (y)

Cheers Chris, I thought B&W suits better for this image.

Hi Stan, thanks for dropping into my thread last week and this is my belated first visit to yours. I absolutely love your images for Technology, especially the second one :clap: The colours are fantastic and it's interesting to see how effective focus stacking has been in both pin sharp images. Thank you for sharing your set up, too.

Horizontal is a striking image with those strong lines and good perspective, and B&W is definitely the right choice. I had a quick look back through the rest of your thread and the first image for Topical is a cracker with those colourful night lights and reflections, while Effort is a clever idea and works really well. I've enjoyed your images and am looking forward to following your thread in future (y)

Thanks Andrea for dropping by and for the nice words. Pleased you like some of my submissions so far.

I really like that, Stan. As has been said already the B&W works really well and it's nice to see a different perspective other than 'straight on' with regards to this theme. DoF is perfect too.

This one...messes with my head :)

Nice lead in lines and conversion.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy.

Nice one Stan,

It's the shadows on the ground Horizontally that bring it all together and make it a top shot for this weeks theme. (y)

Cheers David, I was lucky with sun was out at the time. I thought the shadows make it a stronger image overall.

Hi Stan, that's a really nice image for Horizontal. It's a strong composition and the added interest from the beach poking through behind the fence. Shadow is further added interest and it's all neatly balanced within the frame.

Great job (y)

Reactions: rpn
brilliant start to the year Stan... liking a lot of your images... though the reshoot of abandoned could have done with some sky and not that whiteness :(

the BTS shot for the HDD is enlightening... must remember this for a colourful reflection, hell if i took BTS shots everyone would see i don't wear socks :confused:

great to see the low angle for horizontal, with leading lines and B&W .. (y)

Weather been pretty poor with overcast sky and forecast isn't too promising either. So I was hoping for a break and as soon as some blue sky showing I was out of the house in a shot to travel 12 miles to get this week's photo with BIG open countryside and BIG sky.

Week 16 - Vast

Week 16 Vast by Stan, on Flickr

Hi, vast indeed great big sky which just dwarfs everything under it. We have the same problem here regarding the weather very dull and grey

I was thinking the same but raining and dull grey sky all day! Maybe tomorrow.

Hope you get nice weather tomorrow and looking forward to your effect.

Hey Stan.

Horizontal - Great use of leading lines as the subject, nicely done.
Vast - It certainly conveys the feeling of a vast space, the tiny trees really emphasis the point.

Thanks Tim, I used a wide angle lens at 16mm to convey the vastness of the sky and countryside.

Hi Stan. Beautiful skyscape with those clouds streaming across open grassland. Lovely scene, definitely Vast. :clap:

Nice one Stan, a massive featured sky all the way to the horizon!

Hi Stan,

Really like your horizontal theme. Good leading lines and B&W conversion. Lots to like here

Vast is very good also, makes me feel small and inadequate. We are here just for the ride.

Last edited:
Horizontal - works well for the theme, I really like the shadows
Vast - certainly is vast the small trees it the distance emphasis it well.

Love the impact of the sky - very dramatic contrasting with the smallness of the trees.

Thanks all for all the nice comments. I haven't looked into here for a while as I've been under the weather for a few days with man flu and took ages to get rid of, must be the age thing. :)

Manage to get out and about for this week theme and head straight out along the coast being living in a seaside city. The sea wasn't as rough as I hoped for but luckily spotted a group of surfers messing about in the waves and ended up with this.

Week 17 Rough

Week 17 Rough 14172 by Stan, on Flickr

I am always amazed by surfers they certainly have dedication have been to the beach many times wrapped up well and some crazy fool is out on the water in just a wet suit, fits the theme looks rough enough for me

rough - I think you have caught the rough of the sea well.

I am always amazed by surfers they certainly have dedication have been to the beach many times wrapped up well and some crazy fool is out on the water in just a wet suit, fits the theme looks rough enough for me

Thanks Allan, know what you mean sometime we see them out in the water in the middle of winter in NE Scotland.

rough - I think you have caught the rough of the sea well.

Thanks Alison, I took quite a few shots and this is one of the better one with breaking waves and a surfer too.

Back