weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

I like the first image, good b&w conversion works really well. I too was intrigued by the windows so it's nice to see the other shot of it too

Hi, either one works for me some nice detail in the stone, but I think the bridge might just pip it for me definitely looks abandoned

Hi Stan,
It's amazing how the framing of the first Abandoned image conveys a completely different feeling to the shot than the wide angle overall shot does. Image 1 really hits the spot.
The Bridge is very interesting but I don't think it's as strong a shot.

Hi, either one works for me some nice detail in the stone, but I think the bridge might just pip it for me definitely looks abandoned

Thanks Allan, I like both each has its own merits.

Hi Stan,
It's amazing how the framing of the first Abandoned image conveys a completely different feeling to the shot than the wide angle overall shot does. Image 1 really hits the spot.
The Bridge is very interesting but I don't think it's as strong a shot.

Cheers Tim.

really liking your first abandoned photo, it does seem a shame to leave building to get to this state.

That's a really nice ruin Stan and what an amazing bridge. Spoilt for choice but I think I prefer the latter with those suspension lines flowing into the distance and the colour and texture of those main supports. Excellent. :clap:

really liking your first abandoned photo, it does seem a shame to leave building to get to this state.

Cheers Lee.

That's a really nice ruin Stan and what an amazing bridge. Spoilt for choice but I think I prefer the latter with those suspension lines flowing into the distance and the colour and texture of those main supports. Excellent. :clap:

Thanks Carl, I like the bridge shot too and btw there are no deckings the they all been removed for safety reasons.

I could sell you a bit of blue sky if you meet me around the back of the bike shed :rolleyes:, just don't tell anyone else all they'll all want some :sneaky:

Abandoned number 1 is spot on for the theme, and, as has been mentioned, is very strange with no roof but doors and windows. The footbridge is something else again although you would't have got me over it when it was in good nick :eek:. Definitely worth the effort of the journey (y)

I could sell you a bit of blue sky if you meet me around the back of the bike shed :rolleyes:, just don't tell anyone else all they'll all want some :sneaky:

Abandoned number 1 is spot on for the theme, and, as has been mentioned, is very strange with no roof but doors and windows. The footbridge is something else again although you would't have got me over it when it was in good nick :eek:. Definitely worth the effort of the journey (y)

Yes Please Jill, How about tonight? ;)

Happy - lovely - nice and sharp and wonderful picture :)

Abandoned - I liked the first one, but love the bridge, really interesting and great interpretation - well done !

Thanks Jon, now I know the bridge location and surrounding area I'll definitely revisit again when the sky is more interesting.

Not too keen on this week’s theme at all. Lack of inspiration and struggling for ideas with camouflage.

I was emptying the paper shredder and then........ eureka this came to my head. I’ve taken similar shot in 2013 for the ETC (Effect, Technique and Creative) challenge also here with TP.

Hope this fits the theme and apologise in advance for Stormtrooper coming out to play again. :)

Week 06 Camouflage by Stan, on Flickr

The link doesn't seem to be working Stan - got here the long way round, via your postings. Very novel composition for the Camouflaged theme - the storm trooper is nicely concealed amongst the shred. Good concept and nice prop. :clap:

The link doesn't seem to be working Stan - got here the long way round, via your postings. Very novel composition for the Camouflaged theme - the storm trooper is nicely concealed amongst the shred. Good concept and nice prop. :clap:

Thanks Carl for pointing that out, sorted now and thanks for the comments too. (y)

Hi, was just about to point out your link wasn't working, beaten to it, he certainly blends in well

I'm liking the camouflage with the storm trooper, one of my ideas was a Lego Krusty the Clown in a bowl of skittles, you just beat me too it

I think the camouflaged storm trooper works well Stan, it certainly fits the brief, well done

If in doubt chuck in some lego :D

Clever idea Stan (y)

Wish I had an intuitive mind that works really well like it a lot(y)

I'm liking the camouflage with the storm trooper, one of my ideas was a Lego Krusty the Clown in a bowl of skittles, you just beat me too it

Cheers Lee, I look forward to seeing your version.

I think the camouflaged storm trooper works well Stan, it certainly fits the brief, well done

Cheers Steve.

If in doubt chuck in some lego :D

Clever idea Stan (y)

Those Stormtroopers do come in handy when struggling for idea.

Wish I had an intuitive mind that works really well like it a lot(y)

Thanks Michael, sometimes just a moment of inspiration that's all is needed.

Hi Stan

Didn't know what to make of your Camouflaged, but the more I see it the more I like it. Neat idea. (y)

Hi Stan

Didn't know what to make of your Camouflaged, but the more I see it the more I like it. Neat idea. (y)

Thanks David,

The shredded paper and this shot I took previously for the Film Poster theme in 2013 ETC Project give me the idea and inspiration.

Really like you first image for camouflaged, perfect for the theme.

Abandoned - nice couple of shots, the first works well in B&W and I like your processing. The bridge is amazing, would love to explore something like that.

Camouflage - Thank goodness for lego :) Good idea, as was mentioned above I think he could have been slightly more covered but still a good shot.

There is a long discussion about rules on time scale and posting of late submissions and archive shots. One of my own rules for this project/challenge is try to take and post the week's theme within that week. Looking back over my 2 + this year's 52 and IIRC I was late couple of times and submit only one archive shot. So keeping up with my personal rules this was taken this morning after a dusting of snow overnight.

Week 07 - Danger

Week 07 Danger by Stan, on Flickr

Good for you Stan - not easy getting motivated when the cold is on the ground. Composition works well and that red/blue combo is good. Like the ripples across the pond. :clap:

Reactions: rpn
As Carl said good for you for sticking to your own rules (y)

The danger message there, couldn't be any clearer. Very nice Stan,

Back