weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Good for you Stan - not easy getting motivated when the cold is on the ground. Composition works well and that red/blue combo is good. Like the ripples across the pond. :clap:

Thanks Carl, you always one of the first to comment my thread and I really appreciated it very much. (y) I was hoping the temperature would be colder and cold enough to partially frozen the loch which would convey the danger even more.

Hi I agree with what you day about taking the pic in the week of the theme.
Nice idea with the theme even more dangerous in this weather too

There is a long discussion about rules on time scale and posting of late submissions and archive shots. One of my own rules for this project/challenge is try to take and post the week's theme within that week. Looking back over my 2 + this year's 52 and IIRC I was late couple of times and submit only one archive shot. So keeping up with my personal rules this was taken this morning after a dusting of snow overnight.

Week 07 - Danger

Week 07 Danger by Stan, on Flickr

Love this shot, nicely composed, nice colours and reflections.

Light on the pond is good and the red just shouts danger. Good photo but a shame in a way that a lovely spot like that has to have such a prominent life buoy.

Hi I agree with what you day about taking the pic in the week of the theme.
Nice idea with the theme even more dangerous in this weather too

Thanks Allan, I try my best to complete the theme within the week but occasionally I been late with submission due to work or other events in life.

Love this shot, nicely composed, nice colours and reflections.

Cheers Adam.

Camouflage - definitely the first one for me, although I love the colour of the second, but it doesn't sit as well with the theme for me. It's quite a "vertical" shot and it would be interesting to compare to one taken at a slight angle with an ability to get DOF to add an extra dimension to the image.

Dangerous is perfectly on theme. Well executed, although for me I'd probably like to see it without the branch cutting across the top of the image. Minor crit though and you've done well to get out there and capture it.

Camouflage - definitely the first one for me, although I love the colour of the second, but it doesn't sit as well with the theme for me. It's quite a "vertical" shot and it would be interesting to compare to one taken at a slight angle with an ability to get DOF to add an extra dimension to the image.

Dangerous is perfectly on theme. Well executed, although for me I'd probably like to see it without the branch cutting across the top of the image. Minor crit though and you've done well to get out there and capture it.

Thanks Paul, I got a shot from a different angle too but still not able to exclude the branch.

Danger. CND ahead ;)
That definitely works and I think the snow adds to the image.

Cheers Tim.

Simple and right on theme for Dangerous Stan....Well seen and well shot.

Duplicate

A great interpretation of the danger theme. The water looks quite cold too so an added danger.

This is very eye-catching I think because the snow and the reflected cloud create a nice white(ish) background against which the red ring looks very vivid.

Great idea for Camouflage Stan and well executed too (y)

Danger, well done you for getting out in the cold to find/take this. From what I remember along the Wear and the sea front thay were often missing :( and that really is Dangerous.

Like the composition and the partial reflections in the water, but I'm a sucker for reflections (y)

Lovely shot Stan. The colour and contrast is fantastic and I particularly like the light reflection on the water.
Well spotted and composed

Hi Stan, I am trying a picture a week, otherwise it cheating, maybe if it was the same month as the theme I would not feel as bad. Regarding your danger shot, I like how the life ring has a good 3D pop and the angle shows just how cold it must have been

I follow the same rules as you but cannot always do it within the 7 days. The work just gets in the way. Danger seems another outdoor daytime shot.

Well done for finding an appropriate spot.

Great reds as others have said

Hi Stan, I am trying a picture a week, otherwise it cheating, maybe if it was the same month as the theme I would not feel as bad. Regarding your danger shot, I like how the life ring has a good 3D pop and the angle shows just how cold it must have been

I follow the same rules as you but cannot always do it within the 7 days. The work just gets in the way. Danger seems another outdoor daytime shot.

Well done for finding an appropriate spot.

Great reds as others have said

Thanks for the comments. I'm also trying my best to keep up with the theme every week but events call WORK and LIFE get in the way of my photographic hobby :snaphappy: every now and again. :)

The current hot TOPICAL around here living and working in the Oil Capital of Europe aka Aberdeen are the price of a barrel of oil which dropped from $120 to $30 during the past 18 months. There are lots of job cut, redundancies, benefits and wage reduction happening every few days amount all the oil operators and service companies. These cuts and reductions also affect supports and services. These are supply boats which are the workhorse of the North Sea shipping supplies from basic food, water to equipment to keep the rigs operating and are now being tied up in the harbour. There are so many surplus boats that some are just anchored off the bay, second image, waiting for the oil price to go up, hopefully.

Week 8 - Topical

Week 08 Topical by Stan, on Flickr

More just anchored off the bay and these are only about half

Week 08 Topical 2 by Stan, on Flickr

Lovely job with the night time boats there Stan. If I could remember how to summon the clapping emoji on an iPad I would be summoning it right now! (y)

Good topical photos, nice job with the lighting and composition

That is a beautiful shot of the harbour Stan - the colours are amazing and the starbursts and the glassy water are brilliant. Sad about the oil industry - it all takes time to recover and meanwhile so many are affected those employed directly of course but almost as many indirectly - shop keepers and the like. Shame. Excellent subject for the theme. :clap:

Hi, first shots really nice and with the narrative its perfect for the theme, a great night shot (y)

That is a beautiful shot of the harbour Stan - the colours are amazing and the starbursts and the glassy water are brilliant. Sad about the oil industry - it all takes time to recover and meanwhile so many are affected those employed directly of course but almost as many indirectly - shop keepers and the like. Shame. Excellent subject for the theme. :clap:

Thanks Carl, I was hoping for a sunset golden hour shot but that didn't materialised so the blue hour shot would do in the end.

Hell, that appears to be a small flotilla sitting around doing nothing, surely the rigs still need to be re-supplied / maintained even if they are not generating the normal huge amounts of money?
The image seems sharper on flickr and remarkably sharp considering that the ships must have moved a bit during your 13 sec exposure.
I like the lens flares and the blue tint you've obtained in the night sky.
Nicely on theme. (y)

Very nice night shot Stan.
Very topical too (y)

Back