weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Thanks, everyone. How coincident is that Allan and I came up with more or less the same shot and took it at more or less the same time even though we are miles apart! :)
I did look at the exif data and you were about 15 mins before me, weird :eek:

Mineral - I prefer the original wider shot - the variation in bg looks like a natural part of the light falling and doesn't bother me - the slight reflection of colour is lovely.
Whole - I was going to say 'original' to both of you....can't believe you both had the same idea! A very clever one though - the two coloured apples work really well :)

I like the idea and the finished product is well done, my only comment would be on the number of staples, it may be slightly better with just 3 as they tend to dominate, well to my eyes anyway

Bet you thought it would be the only one, completely different to Allen's though. (y)

Ha ha ha That's brilliant Stan .. great minds at play (wish mine would get into gear!). Not only same idea but posted consecutively .. .how strange. Excellent lighting ... I particularly like the soft reflection in the surface. :clap:

:agree: ... top stuff ... loving the two different types of apple humour. :D

Luckily for me, this week's theme is perfect timing as I was taking my granddaughter back to Edinburgh I just have to take a slight detour for a few shots of this iconic structure and symbol of Scotland now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

A slightly different viewpoint and angle to the many many thousands of images of this steel cantilever structure. Taken from North Queensferry.

Week 07 - Structure (Forth Rail Bridge)

Steel Structure by Stan, on Flickr

A very iconic Structure ... an incredible engineering project. A novel diagonal presentation - will do very nicely for the theme.

I like this. Great structure, and cool colour. The only thing that I`m finding a little distracting, is the leaning house on the left of frame.

A very iconic Structure ... an incredible engineering project. A novel diagonal presentation - will do very nicely for the theme.

Thanks, Carl. I quite like this imposing overhead viewpoint to enhance the size of the structure.

I like this. Great structure, and cool colour. The only thing that I`m finding a little distracting, is the leaning house on the left of frame.

Thanks, Paul and well spotted.

@Paulie-W Here's the straightened version.

Week_07_Structure_200448_Nik.jpg

Really interesting angle on your first shot, emphasises the structure very well

Mineral - I love the turquoise and purple in the ore nice and sharp and I was so taken with the stone I didn't notice the background
Whole - A very clever idea and well taken
Structure - A Magnificent structure indeed I like the unusual PoV

I like the 'common' viewpoint of the bridge, but for the theme your unusual PoV works very well. I'm undecided whether the house is distracting or helps to visualise the scale.

Now thats a structure I like your view of it its pretty iconic so its nice to see a very different take on it

Sure is some structure ... nice to see a different pov. I like to see the house LHS straighten (y)

Some of you have some iconic stuff on your doorstep, Im very jealous....

Inspired choice for Whole Stan - my shot of the week I think :clap:

I really like the straightened version of the forst image Stan. For some reason my eyes jumped straight to the leaning house :eek:

I can't really explain here what it makes me feel looking at the image other than I felt a sense of movement in the image as though each 'jump' of the bridge was like the skip of a stone across the water. Powerful image :clap:

Hi Stan,
Mineral - I think the Closer / square crop is my favourite, simply because the detail and colour stand out more at forum size.
Whole - s'funny how you both had the same idea and yet delivered different results. It may just be me, but it seems to me to be floating. Woah that the images were 15 minutes apart. Are you two actually Schwarzenegger and DeVito, but just haven't told us?
Structure - As you say, not your normal image, and all the better for it. The second edit is better imo, as you've straightened the house up. However, I have to go for the 3rd shot, as you've got a train in it, and them's thar rules. (y)
Routine - Well executed shot which nearly has a selfie included ;)

Back