weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Great idea with locking the door, bang on theme and all is in focus.(y)

Routine is a nice plain and simple shot, nice focus on the keys and door knob :)

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Stan,
Mineral - I think the Closer / square crop is my favourite, simply because the detail and colour stand out more at forum size.
Whole - s'funny how you both had the same idea and yet delivered different results. It may just be me, but it seems to me to be floating. Woah that the images were 15 minutes apart. Are you two actually Schwarzenegger and DeVito, but just haven't told us?
Structure - As you say, not your normal image, and all the better for it. The second edit is better imo, as you've straightened the house up. However, I have to go for the 3rd shot, as you've got a train in it, and them's thar rules. (y)
Routine - Well executed shot which nearly has a selfie included ;)

Thank you, Tim, for the catch-up comments much appreciated.
When I notice the train on the bridge I was thinking to myself 'Here's one for Tim, our resident train-man' :)

Great idea with locking the door, bang on theme and all is in focus.(y)

Thanks, Shirley.

Nice, simple and on theme for routine Stan.
mineral, also prefer the 3rd one with the train in view too, would like to see a shot from right underneath.

Cheers Michael.

Nicely lit & exposed Stan and perfect wb - particularly like the soft reflection in the matt silver doorknob

A clever idea, but i think i would prefer the focus to be on the lock and keys rather than the simple door handle. my eye keeps getting pulled away from the keys up to the handle. good take on the theme though.

Great structure, I like how you've shot it with the house on the side of the river showing the scale.

I think the focus/dof could have included more of the keys as thats what draws my eye more than the knob as your arm leads the eye in that direction.

(y)

Last edited:
A clever idea, but i think i would prefer the focus to be on the lock and keys rather than the simple door handle. my eye keeps getting pulled away from the keys up to the handle. good take on the theme though.

Great structure, I like how you've shot it with the house on the side of the river showing the scale.

I think the focus/dof could have included more of the keys as thats what draws my eye more than the knob as your arm leads the eye in that direction.

(y)

Thanks and agree with the focusing point, I only spotted it after I downloaded to the PC.

Very minimalistic clock I like the use of the Chinese characters

I love all things Oriental so this hits the spot for me. I'm not even jealous it is in your Cyprus apartment :p

Thanks, Jill. :)

Numbers, very artistic.

I wasn't sure about the upper right corner when I viewed last night but it does add depth.

Cheers.

Cheers, Andy. I took some shots with just the plain wall but they are just too bland and boring. The room corner does indeed add depth and context.

Excellent prop with a different, love the POV and approve of the inclusion of that corner ... all very clean and minimal. (y)

Love the elegant simplicity of Numbers and the Chinese characters make for a really unusual and interesting take on the theme

A simple one for this week. Everyone daily task and routine; open/shut, lock and secure doors.

Week 08 - Routine

Week 08 - Routine by Stan, on Flickr

Nice clear shot and back on theme. Must admit made me think of the routine of returning home from work.

I thought I was going to struggle this week and have to resort to archive shots. I'm not really into portraitures or street photography type nor normally have the gut to ask strangers or passerby for a quick snap. Luckily I am in Cyprus currently and was out for lunch with an old colleague a couple of days ago and so happen the girls who served us is happy enough for me to take some photos of them.

Week 10 - Attractive (smile)

Attractive Smile by Stan, on Flickr

Back