weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

That's the hairiest cactus I have ever seen, well spotted and bang on theme

Great sharp shot, right on theme!

Oh my - and they say the Yeti doesn't exist?! Nice find - the colour version for me too.

Thanks, Emma. Not sure about Yeti I thought it's more like Garth from Wayne's World.

dana_carvey.jpg

Great focus on this hairy cuctus, spot on theme :)

Cheers, Dave.

Here's another hairy cactus.

It's not every day you hear that being said, is it? Nevertheless I prefer the second, arguably slightly less hairy, shot. The background's less distracting and I prefer the hairstyle of the latter cactus.

I prefer the colour version too, looks like its having a very bad hair day. (y)

Spot on Stan ... what a strange Hairy cactus - a bit 1960s styling. Hairy 16087 looks like one of those hairy microphones you see being used on the telly. Nature is amazing. Yes, second one for me I think.

I prefer the colour version too, looks like its having a very bad hair day. (y)

Thanks.

Spot on Stan ... what a strange Hairy cactus - a bit 1960s styling. Hairy 16087 looks like one of those hairy microphones you see being used on the telly. Nature is amazing. Yes, second one for me I think.

I thought my first post is more like Donald Tramp in a windy day. :D

wow those are 2 hairy cacti (? or is it cactuses?), good choice for the theme. Think I prefer the first colour one for the theme but do like the cleaner background and side lighting on the second one.

Damn that`s hairy ... Kinda reminds me of Cousin It, from the Adams family :)
Great detail and DoF

Re cactus #1 .... really good colour, light & focus. (y)

Lovely shots all of them. I like the wild hairy one in colour best. Nice focus and dof :)

A bit short of ideas for Smooth so decided to take a drive around this morning looking for inspirations. Pulled in a layby and this scene appears in front of me and thought it could fit this week's theme. I've tried various settings with or without filters including the little and big stoppers.

I settle on this one taken with the Little Stopper; f11.0 20 seconds 100 ISO.

Week 04 - Smooth

Smooth by Stan, on Flickr

Lovely colours and beautifully smooth skies and water! I really like the texture in the foreground in contrast.

I think for the stoppers to really work you need some movement in the sky and the water which both look pretty still. Lovely scene, not sure if I'd like the trees to be just a bit larger in the frame. (y)

Lovely smooth water scape Stan :)

Beautiful smooth looking shot Stan, all clear and sharp, love the trees in the far BG, can we have some of your blue skies :)

Thanks, Dave. I think the trees in the distance add interest to the photo. Only today we have clear blue sky, the last few days have been wet and misty.

Lovely colours and beautifully smooth skies and water! I really like the texture in the foreground in contrast.

Thanks for the comments and kind words. I set a small aperture to keep both the foreground and background in sharp focus.

Very good, lovely blues and greens and a nice simple composition, very smooth.

Hi Stan,
Hairy - #1 for me, the colours I feel are better than the mono conversion. #3 looks like a dead cat mic wind-shield.
Smooth - Strong colours in the sky and the stopper has certainly allowed you to smooth the lake. The stand of trees on the far shore help to add interest.

Very good, lovely blues and greens and a nice simple composition, very smooth.

Thanks, Chris. agreed sometimes a simple image works best.

Hi Stan,
Hairy - #1 for me, the colours I feel are better than the mono conversion. #3 looks like a dead cat mic wind-shield.
Smooth - Strong colours in the sky and the stopper has certainly allowed you to smooth the lake. The stand of trees on the far shore help to add interest.

Cheers, Tim. My aim was to place the trees at the thirds to anchor viewers' eyes.

Back