weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Song title ... a beaut, nicely framed by the trees.

Order ... I like Roger's interpretation.
To me this is a quintessentially UK scene, beautifully taken and very evocative of my youth. When I thought the world was an orderly place.

Great idea, very well composed and nicely processed. Nothing to criticise!

Great choice of processing there Stan. Looks very 50’s/60s' Composition is spot on and the POV adds that je ne sais quoi :D

Ah, I get it, bit of a shoe horn there Stan methinks :)
I like the processing and straight lines in the shot.
Going to have to take issue with the street being kept orderly, the kerb stones around the trees are a hazard!!!
Someone really ought to report them to the council.

Week 1 I really like this image certainly works for me, when I looked at it on flickr, the detail in the image is superb, even the trees are lined up in an orderly fashion excellent work (y)

Thanks, Mandy.

Great choice of processing there Stan. Looks very 50’s/60s' Composition is spot on and the POV adds that je ne sais quoi :D

Cheers, Jill. "je ne sais quoi" something new I just learned today.

Got a few ideas for this week but decided to opt for something different and out of my comfort ;) zone. Not the type or genre of photos I normally shoot but that's all part of this 52 Project challenge.

It is or was my last night's dinner and yes I did cook it, only took a few minutes in the microwave! :) And the wine went down well too.

Week 02 - Comfort (Food)

Comfort Food by Stan, on Flickr

Excellent Stan - looks very appetising. I like the compo and the mix of textures - especially the tap head condiment set.

Nice idea and I really like the overhead view, well done for getting out of your comfort zone

I like the pov there Stan, it gives a really unusual aspect.
Hope you enjoyed eating your props :)

Thanks, Susie. Took me a while to set up the shot but the pasta and wine afterward were all worth it. :)

Nice idea and I really like the overhead view, well done for getting out of your comfort zone

(y) Cheers Allan. Learning and trying a different kind of photography all at the same time.

Looks yummy, I like the view from above and I really like your salt and pepper pots

Great POV and looks scrummy. I'd prefer the vignette not there as it makes the cloth look grey.

Overall, it's a super submission.

Cheers

Looks yummy, I like the view from above and I really like your salt and pepper pots

Cheers Chris, pasta is one of favourite food.

Great overhead shot of the food, that looks yummy :)

Thanks, Dave. Indeed I did enjoy the pasta.

Great POV and looks scrummy. I'd prefer the vignette not there as it makes the cloth look grey.

Overall, it's a super submission.

Cheers

Thanks, Andy. Agreed with your critique I wasn't sure about it either.

Looks good Stan - nicely composed and I love your salt and pepper pots :) The cloth maybe looks a little crumpled - but maybe that's the vignette too. These indoor shots are a nightmare though, aren't they? i always miss something! Give me a leaf or insect that has composed itself anyday ;)

Looks good Stan - nicely composed and I love your salt and pepper pots :) The cloth maybe looks a little crumpled - but maybe that's the vignette too. These indoor shots are a nightmare though, aren't they? i always miss something! Give me a leaf or insect that has composed itself anyday ;)

Thanks, Emma. Still Life is not one of my favourite shoots either. Always a nightmare to set up.

Nicely set up Stan, I like the composition and the overhead PoV, well lit too :)

Thanks, Dean.

Great idea Stan, nicely presented, it looks good enough to eat :D

Looks very tasty, I like the unusual angle too. Hope it didn't go cold while you were taking the picture :)

That does look very tasty, and if you have stepped out of your comfort zone to get this. Then in my humble opinion you have done very well, I like the overhead shot and the placing of the food dishes, nicely lit and composed (y)

Great idea Stan, nicely presented, it looks good enough to eat :D

It was very very yummy.

Looks very tasty, I like the unusual angle too. Hope it didn't go cold while you were taking the picture :)

Thanks, Georgina for dropping by and taking the time to comment.

That does look very tasty, and if you have stepped out of your comfort zone to get this. Then in my humble opinion you have done very well, I like the overhead shot and the placing of the food dishes, nicely lit and composed (y)

Thanks, Mandy. Indoor, still life setup shots are not my usual type of photos I shoot or enjoy shooting. Nevertheless, I did enjoy that one in particularly the reward of food and the wine after. :):beer:

Nice submission ... no crit not already mentioned

... but what would really make it arty food promo shot would be a distressed wooden table top, but we work with what we've got. (y)

Te inclusion of the folded tea-towel is a nice touch, adding colour.

Last edited:
A weathered or rustic looking wooden tabletop would be nice, but the tablecloth makes it more "average" or "everyday" (which I really like). I The point of view is great (a the food looks yummy!). This inspires me to try a food shot from above.

Nice overhead shot, my only criticism would be that the wide angle lens makes the wine glass look disproportionally huge. But maybe that was your intention, or the glass was really that big :)

Hi Stan,
I like that. The top down view is unusual, the colours of the Wine (or is it ribena?) and food are vibrant you have good black & white points and the vignette focuses the eye.
(y)

Hi Stan, like the composition of your Comfort shot. It looks very appetising and the different pov really works.

Really like it, the Dof, the detail, spot on theme,

Very nice Stan, lots of detail in there too :)

Back