weekly susiejb 52 in 2017 Worn

Nice take on the theme Susie, I like the shot a lot

Very nice, I like the way you have composed it to fill the frame with the gentle curves of the grasses

Nice .... something blue in the BG, ought not to bother me. But yes, soft & kinda dreamy. (y)

What a beautiful take for the bent theme Susie, lovely colours and nice focus while catching the heads bet over in the breeze also like the soft dreamy look to the shot :)

Thanks Dave ...it sounds as if i achieved the look that I wanted :)

Nice take on the theme Susie, I like the shot a lot

Thank you for looking in Tilz ...always much appreciated.

Very nice, I like the way you have composed it to fill the frame with the gentle curves of the grasses

Thanks Chris, I this type of close up too.

Susie, thats really really nice, I like that a lot.

Thank you Mark (y)

Lovely picture for bent suzie, works a treat, and i like the dreamy feel to it.

Thanks for dropping in Michael ...much appreciated.

Nice .... something blue in the BG, ought not to bother me. But yes, soft & kinda dreamy. (y)

Hi d00d ... the windows were the hotel in the background, I felt I'd got away with them as they were muted colours o_O

Last edited:
Having a hubby who is carpenter I suppose its inevitable that I'd venture into his workshop for this topic. It always fascinates me how he manages to turn a rough chunk of wood into something that looks so good. Christmas pressie chopping boards on the go at the moment ...not quite finished yet, they'll have a final polish with food safe oil.

Woodwork TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Lovely strong colours and textures in the autumn leaf and equally lovely soft colours in the grass. Really like the selection for wood too, shows off lots of aspects of his work and those chopping boards look amazing. Is he making them to sell or just to give as gifts? Lucky people to get one as a present :D

Good montage telling the story of the birth of a chopping board. Those boards look like a lot of work but very nice to have in the kitchen.

Lots to look at Susie, which is always inviting...the mans got some skills for sure, and youve captured that very nicely.

Very apt for the theme, he is a tidy man with all tools in order and organised. Love the chopping board.

Thank you Stan ... yes he does look after his tools, he's had some since he was an apprentice at sixteen!

Lovely strong colours and textures in the autumn leaf and equally lovely soft colours in the grass. Really like the selection for wood too, shows off lots of aspects of his work and those chopping boards look amazing. Is he making them to sell or just to give as gifts? Lucky people to get one as a present :D

Thank you Georgina, he's sold an odd one but mainly they're gifts. I have managed to get two in my kitchen :)

Good montage telling the story of the birth of a chopping board. Those boards look like a lot of work but very nice to have in the kitchen.

Thanks Chris, I only intended one photo but decided the story telling maybe worked better.

Lots to look at Susie, which is always inviting...the mans got some skills for sure, and youve captured that very nicely.

Thanks Mark ...thankfully it's something he enjoys doing.

Lovely montage for wood Susie; he's really skilled. I like those warm tones and all the little details around the workshop(n)

Nice set ... tells a story ...and I like the muted colours. (y)

Love the display of the colourful autumn leaf, many colours of Autumn. Bent in the wind, typical wind bending the stems of plants. Two great ideas Susie.

Very well put together Susie, like to see the clean tools hanging up and the chopping board looks nice :)

Thanks Dave :)

Lovely montage for wood Susie; he's really skilled. I like those warm tones and all the little details around the workshop(n)

Thanks John, there's so much in there it was hard to decide what to take.

Bent, like it. The close crop works well for me as does the detail.

Can't work out if you've added a slight vignette??

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ...yes I added a soft one just to emphasize the soft tones.

Nice set ... tells a story ...and I like the muted colours. (y)

Thanks d00d :)

Love the display of the colourful autumn leaf, many colours of Autumn. Bent in the wind, typical wind bending the stems of plants. Two great ideas Susie.

Thanks Shirley, I think Bent will be one of my favourites this year.

I couldn't decide between these two:
The first one I took today of my garden wall and I just love all that texture and colour.
The second one I took at the Lost Gardens of Heligan this week, they have a very clever technique of putting these huge photographic images onto plain walls, it looks very effective.

Wall 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

Wall TP 2017 by Susiejb, on Flickr

I like the first shot most with the different colours and textures

First for me too, lovely the way the rendering has weathered

Excellent bit of cloning for arch, I'm impressed

The leaf works I do like a good autumn display, "bent" is excellent love the hints of blue behind it

"wood" how convenient, nice chopping boards too, it tells a story too

"wall" how high is that wall :thinking: nice texture though

Hi susie ... I like the wheelbarrows but the pic is a bit wonky. :D

Bent
I like it. These look great when they are bringing blown around in the breeze.

Wood
A good set of images, with some nice contrasting shapes and colours.

Wall
Definitely the first one. Some great colours and textures.
#2 does also appeal.

Excellent bit of cloning for arch, I'm impressed

The leaf works I do like a good autumn display, "bent" is excellent love the hints of blue behind it

"wood" how convenient, nice chopping boards too, it tells a story too

"wall" how high is that wall :thinking: nice texture though

Lovely to see you hopping in Allan, I hope you're missing the challenge :)
You made me think about that 'wall' it's only very small, but it is in a 'stepped' section of the garden. I checked out the definition and it just about fits 'a vertical structure, often made of stone or brick, that divides or surrounds something'. It probably is a bit of a shoehorn but I liked it :D

Hi susie ... I like the wheelbarrows but the pic is a bit wonky. :D

Wonky ....moi :) I was sure I'd straightened it up !!! But you're right.

Agreed with the nice colors of the wall Susie and the small wedge of foliage, but for me I am fascinated with the second image, although a shot of others work but love the idea of it !!!

I thought it was really good too DK, they have several like that, they look great.

Bent
I like it. These look great when they are bringing blown around in the breeze.

Wood
A good set of images, with some nice contrasting shapes and colours.

Wall
Definitely the first one. Some great colours and textures.
#2 does also appeal.

Thank you for looking in Dominic ...much appreciated.

A little dark Susie, but certainly symmetrical and an excellent idea

I love the idea Susie it looks really good. With it being as dark as it is it took me a few looks to realise what it is a shot of, I think this makes the image even better. Nice work

Back