The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

This is my first 52 and I'm really enjoying the challenge. I've tried to interpret the themes in my own way and I feel that sometimes I've suceeded with the pics whilst others have been a little unimaginative. I've hit a bit of a wall in the last month with both uploading images and commenting on others but I seem to be getting back on track now and am determined to finish.

I do try and comment on as many pics as I can, even if I can't offer any constructive advice. I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's work so far and there have been, in my opinion, some outstanding contributions.

I also think that @Cobra and @LC2 have done a great job in pulling it all together and keeping it on track, for which I offer a huge thanks to them both.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with from now onwards.

Keep going! :)

I also think that @Cobra and @LC2 have done a great job in pulling it all together and keeping it on track, for which I offer a huge thanks to them both.
Thanks Pete, its appreciated (y)
Looks like I'm ( we're) stuck with it for the next year ( at least) :D

I thought someone else may like to take the reins and put their own stamp on it. ...
Seems not...

It does, but will take some pressure off of thinking up themes and for those who find a particular theme difficult for what ever reason. :)
And there was me thinking I should be a b*****d and make it a 365 :p

Thanks folks. Had to go out today as got my Flu jab now, then I took it slow and went to have a look at some Road/Gravel EBikes but very lightweight as in the next so many weeks I will start to try and get some strength back.

hi @Fuji Dave and sorry you have caught the dreaded C-19. It’s a bit of a b@gger. However your recovery time may not be as long as you think if you still can go out and about. I still get breathless going from one room to another in the house and have to sit down- and that’s me 7 months in!!

And now my apology vis a vis comments. I have not commented hardly at all these past few months - I just can’t summon up the mental energy. I will try to do better. Because comments are really useful. Sorry.

I seem to have missed most of the discussion about the 52. I think @Cobra does a sterling job as does @LC2 .

I don’t think the themes have been particularly hard - it’s the techniques I find I struggle more with. But it is a ‘challenge’ after all. Even being poorly this year I have managed to snap an appropriate image every week. Determined not to submit an archive shot no matter how easy that would be.

So my vote would be to continue as is.
PS. @Cobra does ask for theme ideas near the end of the year so everyone has a chance of contributing their ideas.

hi @Fuji Dave and sorry you have caught the dreaded C-19. It’s a bit of a b@gger. However your recovery time may not be as long as you think if you still can go out and about. I still get breathless going from one room to another in the house and have to sit down- and that’s me 7 months in!!

And now my apology vis a vis comments. I have not commented hardly at all these past few months - I just can’t summon up the mental energy. I will try to do better. Because comments are really useful. Sorry.

At the moment I can get out but I really do ache, I can`t just sit about in doors either but have started some indoor exercises to help with my chest. Just taking it slow though.

hi @Fuji Dave
I’d rather you saved your mental energy for the essentials like looking after yourself [emoji4] Hope you improve soon and well done for keeping going.

Teachers Pet says @Cobra
@Nostromo would like a donut :p
Thank you my snitch all done (y)
:D

@Fuji Dave
Doh
It's the first time in two yrs. Surely some leeway for good behaviour ;)
No lee way here, I've even given myself one in the past
( Pretty sure it was @Fuji Dave that ratted me out too :p )

PS. @Cobra does ask for theme ideas near the end of the year so everyone has a chance of contributing their ideas.
Not usually, ( But anyone is always welcome to suggest ) I did this year as things were getting a little stale / bland I thought.
There is usually a 100 or so themes carried over year to year. ( the left overs )
And I try and add a few more interesting ones.
Over time it seemed that the carry overs were getting mostly, quite boring.

So my vote would be to continue as is.
I was just asking if anyone else fancied a shot, I thing the recently changed format is working well.
So, I've no plans to change that, But I guess I'll have to try and seek out more interesting subjects for 2021.

Last edited:
A couple of tips for those who find commenting hard...
1. Don't read the other comments until you've written yours.
2. Think about how you may have done it differently.
3. Ask questions
4. Everyone's comments / thoughts are valid, whether it's the first photo you've taken for, or you've done 10 years of the 52 ! It's how you see it.

It's easy to read through all the existing comments and think hmm, everything has been said. But if you look at the photos first and jot down your thoughts / comments (I use notepad++) you're not being influenced and you may well come up with something no one else has. We're all individual and we all see things differently.

If you're worried about commenting and how it will be taken, comment on the photos of the old hands, we can all learn and we're used to people expressing their thoughts on the shots.

The 52 would be a shallow reflection of itself if the comments dried up. it's what this is all about :)

How would everyone feel if I tidied up the spreadsheet.
I said in March that no one else would be going on the wall, but it's looking a tad untidy now.
I think it would be more a "Gracefully retired during Covid" section that "The Wall" this year.

Thoughts...

How would everyone feel if I tidied up the spreadsheet.
I said in March that no one else would be going on the wall, but it's looking a tad untidy now.
I think it would be more a "Gracefully retired during Covid" section that "The Wall" this year.

Thoughts...
The last time I looked I thought the numbers had dropped off quite a lot in recent weeks. Gracefully retired does sound better :) I'm sure if someone came back they could ask you very sweetly to be reinstated? And er... the last time I looked, my Artificial lighting technique wasn't included - which was during the Autumn week - my conker shot. I wasn't going to nag though :LOL:

The last time I looked I thought the numbers had dropped off quite a lot in recent weeks. Gracefully retired does sound better :) I'm sure if someone came back they could ask you very sweetly to be reinstated? And er... the last time I looked, my Artificial lighting technique wasn't included - which was during the Autumn week - my conker shot. I wasn't going to nag though :LOL:
Yes, anyone returning would be reinstated to the active list. It just makes keeping it up straight easier.
Technique updated (not sure I've seen your shot yet - Minx has been updating the spreadsheet while I've been a bit busy with work.

Yes, anyone returning would be reinstated to the active list. It just makes keeping it up straight easier.
Technique updated (not sure I've seen your shot yet - Minx has been updating the spreadsheet while I've been a bit busy with work.
Seriously, I did think you might be busy and it must be an unwelcome burden when you are, so I wasn't going to mention it,... but as you were about to update it, I thought I would.
It's here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/bebops-52-for-2020-week-40-wet.705495/post-8798103 but no need to comment or anything - just for evidence :)
Thanks @minx for keeping us ticking over :)

No problem here Tim (y)
It'll actually be interesting to see who is still active, without having to wade through the "Blank" spaces.

Looks as though we’ll still have more finishers than last year.

And @Cobra please remember this year you have contrived to cater for sods like me who have been confined to the house so all in all, I reckon we’ve done not bad. And potentially more finishers than last year, albeit we’ve all had more time.

Week 42 and
On to one of my favourite things gob shots Food

That'll do nicely for a Wigan lad - now where's that meyt pie?

Gob shot could work well too :D

Tasty subject.........................................................................:coat:

Food for thought!
:rolleyes:

:p

Handy that can be done indoors. Just in time for London to be moved to the Covid-High category...
Bugger! I'd not heard that.
Not that affects me of course, according to these maps, it seems I have a thick blue line running through my town :D

Apologies for my absence with the 52 over the last few weeks. Time has escaped me for various business and personal commitments and I didn't want to cheap out with my shots just to keep up; that is not why I joined this challenge in the first place. I will catch up and I will definitely finish!

I do believe it's Thursday morning and I am all caught up on theme, comments and feedback. Smug smug :geek:

Thursday? THURSDAY?

IT'S THURSDAY!!!!!

How did that happen?

I do believe it's Thursday morning and I am all caught up on theme, comments and feedback. Smug smug :geek:

So am I (I think) :cool: :):)

Yeah I know I'm running late. :(
So I guess I'd better look Sharp
and get something posted (y)

Ooooh SHARP!

This single malt whisky I'm supping at the moment is 58% ABV - It's a bit sharp :D

Back