weekly Thirsty's TP 52 challenge for 2016 - Week 52 Celebration

Nigel, great image for the captive theme, poor rabbit nice colours

I too prefer the sockets on here own. Captive spot on for the title.

Gaz

Agree totally with @LC2 - great focus and love the DoF. (Of course I love working with edible props and especially clearing away after the shot ;))

Great use of DoF
And you even managed to get mini in the shot too (y)

always nice to eat the props I like the idea of the picture

This is great - when you open up the image your eye is immediately drawn to the bright colours on the box, then moves down across the packet and the Oreos within to that sole biscuit in all its tasty focus. It's like telling the story of eating it. Alternatively that might just be sleep deprivation on my part, but we'll go with storytelling.

Great focus and DoF, and like Carl and Susie I totally approve of edible props :)

Tasty photo! I love how the Oreos spill out of the packet and nice DoF!

Great interpretation for Miniature, and I too am a supporter of the 'eat the props' movement. In fact, one year I had to eat a whole chocolate gateaux :D

Good use of dof and my only little quibble is the crumbs on the bottom rhs.

Hi Nigel :)

Sorry a bit behind on your thread, so a quick catch up...

Old - Very nice, really liking your point of view/composition with the converging roofline and pavement/pots, the B&W really helps to for me :)

Metal - The first one for me, plain, simple but really effective :)

Captive - Awweeee bless how it's looking and with it's face squished on the bars :D

Miniature - Real good this one, just enough DoF to keep the 'mini' readable, with the nice sharp Oreo in the foreground, nice one (y)

Abandoned Great spot.

The hanging item is the most interesting aspect of the image, but takes a while to spot him. Maybe a crop of him and the metalwork in colour might be interesting.

Miniature and Happy....both yummy subjects and executed well (except the wonky candle ;) )

Abandoned. A rather sad feeling image. Perfect for the theme.

I remember this from a ride I did down the Canal from home to London a couple of years ago, surprised its still there! Thanks for the memory. (y)

Back